Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

To you Few Alpha & Beta Testers

I'm truly glad that Intrepid is reaching out to the community by giving out Alpha and Beta keys to the lucky few people. With that said, for the people who got/are getting these keys please try to find flaws and really push the games system, so that you lucky few can report any bugs/issues to Intrepid so that they may make the game that much better before launch. You Alpha testers make a big difference don't forget that! Good luck guys and have fun!

Comments

• Options
    I second your post without reservation :)
  • Options
    You have my sworn oath, kind sir or madam. I wish you the best in the weekly key draw and hope you can join us.
  • Options
    Eh.. as long as we have good people making the game better I'm not worried about getting in my friend! Good Luck and find those Bugs!
  • Options
    Detox_YT said:
    I'm truly glad that Intrepid is reaching out to the community by giving out Alpha and Beta keys to the lucky few people. With that said, for the people who got/are getting these keys please try to find flaws and really push the games system, so that you lucky few can report any bugs/issues to Intrepid so that they may make the game that much better before launch. You Alpha testers make a big difference don't forget that! Good luck guys and have fun!
    I'm a Warrior of Old Pledger, i believe that puts me in Alpha 2 (hope for Alpha 1).

I used to test games for Microsoft, and i always found it too simple.
    I can't wait to fight for every single issue I find and doing what i can each day to see through those complaints. However, with so many other players doing the same thing. I will be (if one isn't opened) making a post/group/discord with other Players I know are on the alpha/beta so we can copy each other and confirm bugs we found.
    Repetition and counter bug testing makes certain issues a priority.

As for improvements and implementation of new features. That will hopefully be a subject they will come to use personally or in a closed forum for.
  • Options
    We will sir~ bow down to Detox_YT sandals
  • Options
    To the few... the proud.. the alpha & beta crowd!

Rest assured, I will be testing out all things Dwarven in AoC. 

I already have my features checklist ready to go!
    • Able to bash ogre heads with hammer?
    • Able to mine ores and precious gems?
    • Able to drink ale at a moment's notice?
    • Able to out drink an elf under the table at a tavern?
    • Able to show off all the latest and fashionable beard styles?

All items checked off, then I think game is ready to launch!

Oh, but I suppose there are some other features to test out... I'll see what I can do time permitting. ;)

• Options
    Hey! Dwarf! I resemble that remark, hic :dizzy:
  • Options
    Detox_YT said:
    With that said, for the people who got/are getting these keys please try to find flaws 
    The first flaw was me not getting a key.

:/ 
  • Options
    To the few... the proud.. the alpha & beta crowd!

Rest assured, I will be testing out all things Dwarven in AoC. 

I already have my features checklist ready to go!
    • Able to bash ogre heads with hammer?
    • Able to mine ores and precious gems?
    • Able to drink ale at a moment's notice?
    • Able to show off all the latest and fashionable beard styles?

All items checked off, then I think game is ready to launch!

Oh, but I suppose there are some other features to test out... I'll see what I can do time permitting. ;)

I'm shocked you don't have "Able to beat mountain goat at headbutting contest?"

• Options
    Karthos said:

Fine idea!  I'll pencil that one in for beta!
  • Options
    Karthos said:

Don't forget to wrestle a bear without a shirt! i don't think you can get any manlier than that lol! 
  • Options
    Detox_YT said:
    Karthos said:

Don't forget to wrestle a bear without a shirt! i don't think you can get any manlier than that lol! 
    Pull a Putin? Got it!

That sounds like a major feature, though. Might not be ready till launch! ;)

• Options
    Detox_YT said:
    Karthos said:

Pull a Putin? Got it!

That sounds like a major feature, though. Might not be ready till launch! ;)

I do love a bit of the Pewts on a bear.
  • Options
    Nice to see so many wanting to really test the game and not just run through to figure out how to be the best before before it goes retail.  Because they new how to game the system and level fast they would become bored when they out leveled everyone then complain there was nothing to do.

Alpha testing and beta testing became a joke over the years as more and more were made available to general players. 

Thanks for all who will be showing up.  I'll meet you there. :)
  • Options
    I really, really, really, really want to break the game!!!
    :):)
  • Options
    Megs said:
    I really, really, really, really want to break the game!!!
    :):)

Calm down, calm down. Have your milk and cookies.  Keep the sugar high until the time comes. You'll need all that energy when it does!
  • Options
    As a summoner, I need to see how I can "find problems" with this class 
  • Options
    I agree with all the above. We are so lucky to be part of a fantastic community! The passion is unreal! We have a great opportunity to do our best to make sure ashes of creation becomes the best game out ^^
    I won't be there for alpha 1 so please stream when possible so I can stalk and write down any bugs I see you all encounter xD
    @Rumbleforge for the dwarves! *BOWS DOWN*
  • Options
    Alpha testing and beta testing became a joke over the years as more and more were made available to general players. 

Thanks for all who will be showing up.  I'll meet you there. :)
    I agree with this completely. I think a few MMOs would have experienced far better launches if they'd have handled their Alpha phases better.
  • Options
    A little bit more to add for you (maybe new) alpha and beta testers:

1. Intrepid will (most likely) provide a way to report bugs (maybe via forum, maybe even ingame). Make sure you don't just report a bug, but really document it: 
    1. don't haste the bug report
    2. be sure to include all relevant information (what, where, when, how and how should it be/work)
    3. if necessary provide step by step bug-reproduction-instruction
    4. if possible provide pictures, because they say more then a thousand words (I recommend ShareX as a screenshot-tool for easy cutting and uploading)

2. Provide feedback. You are not playing the game to see if you like it. Your biggest concern should be to help make the game better. So when you encounter anything at all that you feel is not right, somehow weird, could be better or is just not fun in any way: Tell them!

3. Don't just do what the game tells you to do. The game tells you to do stuff as the developers intend you to act. Do stuff they do not intend. Do stuff no one ever thought someone would do. And then tell them about it, because you will most likely encounter stuff that should not be possible.
  • Options
    @Nurph Amen to that :)
  • Options
    Everything we can do to improve the game is gold to the devs
  • Options
    that,s what i will be doing ,reporting bugs is the main job of alpha and beta testers , not just getting a head start 
  • Options
    I'm in it for the castle. Only that. And the dragon. Period. And the loot.
  • Options
    This really makes me happy to see how many people are going to try to do their best to not only help the game but the community by making this game that much better when it lauches! TY Boys! respect!