Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You can change the color of the Intrepid Staff on the forums now :)

Hey all,

I built an AOC Forum Mod as a Google Chrome and Firefox Extension.  It lets you do some nifty things to improve the User Interface of these forums.  You install it with the click of a button.  Super easy.  Try it!  http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

If you like it, can you post a reply in this topic?  

Features:
  • Makes the Intrepid Staff name's purple to spot them easier.
  • Adds contrast to bookmarked posts.
  • You can keep the colors the same on the forums and enjoy wider forums.
  • Apply an optional light or dark theme to the forums. Talk to me to add your own themes too. 
  • Optionally choose to turn off all signatures by default with the ability to still toggle them back on.
  • Once the extension is installed, you can press Ctrl + S to toggle signatures on and off for that page at any time.
  • Adds navigation!
  • Press Ctrl + R to enter a reading mode, removing the side column and extra spacing around topic posts. Press Ctrl + R to go back to regular mode.
Get it here:
http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

People can also make new themes if they want!  Check out the page for more information.  

Here's one of the examples of a theme:

Thanks,
tugowar

Comments

• Options
    Great addon! Liking it a lot.
  • Options
    Great job!
  • Options
    I'm all for choice but I'd hate for my sig to be forced off as someone went to a great deal of trouble to do it for me. I dare say these forums will change significantly before launch.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I'm all for choice but I'd hate for my sig to be forced off as someone went to a great deal of trouble to do it for me. I dare say these forums will change significantly before launch.
    I hear you.  There is some great art here!   The extension installs with signatures on by default.  You have to go into options to turn them off.  And even if you turn them off, you can toggle them back on if you want to check out the signatures on a page with Ctrl+S.
  • Options
    Think it is possible to turn off sigs without a mod @Kratz
  • Options
    If you go to your settings and then signiture settings under your own signiture you can hide signitures from your view or just strip the pictures from signitures while you are viewing. 

I hope that helps.

I personally love sigs.
  • Options
    Besides signatures, it makes the forums wider, and it lets you choose a light theme.  Maybe more (or improved!) themes will get added later too!
  • Options
    Speaking of sigs I like the new sig very much @PJ_Rydecker! And nice contribution @Tugowar, I like it.
  • Options
    It is a really nice signature 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Your abilities scare me @tugowar , the effort you've just spent for us is really dropdead cool.
  • Options
    Dolphin said:
    You scare me @tugowar , you really do scare me.

?    :sad panda:

This was a fun project for me because I've never written a Google Chrome extension before.  Also, I like what I've done to the forums.  :P  The styling needs some work though, but I've spent enough time on it.  I'd love if someone picks up the CSS and runs with it.  
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Speaking of sigs I like the new sig very much @PJ_Rydecker! And nice contribution @Tugowar, I like it.
    Thanks @Kratz The initial one was cobbled together in about an hour and really needed refineing.  The standard is so good now I was getting a bit jelous lol.  I prefer the cleaner less cluttered sigs and mine is getting there now.  Now if I could just get into the character creator and build myself an underworlder to replace the ranger I would be very happy :)
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    Hey all,

Tired of how skinny the forums are? Does the dark background not do it for you? Do you want the ability to toggle signatures off and on?

I built an AOC Forum Mod as a Google Chrome Extension.  It lets you do some nifty things to improve the User Interface of these forums.  You installed it with the click of a button.  Super easy.  Try it!  http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

If you like it, can you post a reply in this topic?  

Features:
    • You can keep the colors the same on the forums and enjoy wider forums.
    • Apply an optional light theme to the forums if you're not a vampire.
    • Optionally choose to turn off all signatures by default with the ability to still toggle them back on.
    • Once the extension is installed, you can press Ctrl + S to toggle signatures on and off for that page at any time.
    • Press Ctrl + R to enter a reading mode, removing the side column and extra spacing around topic posts. Press Ctrl + R to go back to regular mode.
    Get it here:
    http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

People can also make new themes if they want!  Check out the page for more information.  

Thanks,
    tugowar

Sounds great, I might have a closer look when I gain access to my computer. 
  • Options
    Love this little quality of life extension, thank you a lot! Makes it easier to scroll trough on my laptop. Please update and keep up the good work ????
  • Options

The mod should auto update for people every 4 hours, per Google's normal update schedule.  I just added a new color theme that make it a little easier to read the forums!  This is my new favorite.  
  • Options
    I downloaded this mod and now my bank account is empty! Warning tugofwar is a 1337 h4x0r.

this is satire for those who didn't detect the humour.
  • Options
    Very welcomed extension. These default forum layouts are....to be desired.
  • Options
    Thanks all!  

Version 1.1.0 should be in your extensions by now.  Try out the "nobg" theme in your extension options and let me know what you think!  It's not revolutionary, but it makes the forums so much easier for me to read.  I guess I'm getting my old man eyes already.  :)
  • Options
    Sorely needed, the forum signature limit of 400px is totally ridiculous, it should have been 200px at the very most.
  • Options
    Ya, I hope you find it helpful!
  • Options
    Great work.  They should sticky this in the Support forum.
  • Options
    I thought this was about a new mod joining us oh well 
  • Options
    Making other people see my gaudy sig is part of the fun :(
  • Options
    You really don't like it @Karthos do you. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm sitting in the Mozilla approval queue (probably 1 more week), but the Firefox version is coming soon!
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    I'm sitting in the Mozilla approval queue (probably 1 more week), but the Firefox version is coming soon!

Most excellent! my fav browser =)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    All this talk about signatures makes me sad. I can't even add mine, the forum keeps saying images aren't allowed :(. With that said, yours is awesome, @Kratz Whoever did it did an awesome job.
  • Options
    @tugowar you are a saint! 
  • Options
    Signatures are fun, im glad op isnt in charge of AoC forum design
  • Options
    edited August 2017

You're probably right because I like my forums to look like this instead of the default design.  It's more utilitarian.  :pensive:

You can choose whether or not to show signatures.  The default is that the SIGNATURES ARE ON.  I can and do toggle signatures on with ctrl + s all the time, but if I'm reading through threads, this is much easier.

To each their own.