Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[EU] Checkmate | PvX | Hardcore | Custom Coded Tools | Organized PvP

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2018 in European Guilds

- Guild Leader -
Shaze

- Server/Region -
TBA, Europe

- Guild Tag -
[CM]

- Discord -
Checkmate Discord

- Guild Website  -
Checkmate Website

- About Us -
Recruitment Video

- Apply  -
Application Form

Checkmate is a Hardcore PvX guild. We believe that one cannot excel at PvP unless they are consistent in clearing PvE content. Efficiency, Organization and Respect are the core values that we are built upon. We require that our members constantly progress towards end game and stay relevant.

Regarding our history, we were one of the top guilds in Revelation Online under the name Ascendance (previously known as Resurgence). We understand that it is too soon for players to decide what guild they would like to join at launch, thus we welcome all interested applicants to join our discord server.

The best guilds perform exceptionally at launch due to the amount of information and knowledge they gather during the game's beta testing phases. As such we aim to be one of the above guilds to ensure we have the advantage over others.

FAQ

What are the requirements to join Checkmate?

We’re looking for players that are motivated and driven. Staying ahead of the levelling curve, pushing to cap at release and high activity in both the game and our discord. Server presence and activity are at our core foundation, hence PvP is mandatory. We do not accept pure PvE players.

How do you handle conflicts?

Our members are encouraged to record screenshots / videos / chat logs regarding any sensitive incident that takes place so that we may review it and appropriately handle the situation.

What actions result in being kicked?

Often the primary reason for being kicked is due to them tarnishing the Guild’s image, be it via public trash talk or by going against what we stand for. Other reasons include members simply being a dick.

What is your stance on Trash talking?

We are firmly against public trash talk of any form. At Checkmate we believe in building a good reputation for ourselves, as such, when you carry the name of the guild or our Tag/Insignia, you represent us and what we stand for.
Chat has a tendency to get heated with insults being thrown around all over the place. As a member of Checkmate under no circumstances are you to lash back at people that are insulting you in any public chat (World chat/Region chat/Battleground chat/etc.) Feel free to reply with a witty comeback, but trash talk is not allowed.

That said, what happens in PM’s stays in PM’s.

How involved does Checkmate plan to be in their server?

Expect to see our presence heavily across the server. We aim to be at the forefront of clearing content and to have our name inscribed in every place we can.

What are your rules regarding streaming?

We have three simple rules regarding streaming:
- Voice comms should NOT carry over to your stream. (Set up an audio mixer)
- Chatbox should be covered. (Request chat box covers from our officers)
- The stream should have a 20 minute delay. (Only applies to Castle Sieges)

AoC Content created by us:
» Alpha 1 Battle Royale Guide
» Battle Royale Tier List
» Guild Showcase Video
» Ashes Lore Timeline
» Updated list of AoC Classes
» Updated Release Timeline
» Apocalypse FAQ + Known Bugs

https://youtu.be/4v6yod3Ue7k

Our Focus:
» Large Scale PvP. Castle Sieges. Faction Wars.
» Pushing guild organization & management to its limits.
» We strive to be at the top amongst other competitive guilds.
» Information and knowledge regarding AoC is key to our success.
» A tiny portion of our guild will be reserved for crafters.

What we offer:
» Experienced Leadership.
» Self-coded Discord Bots.
» Static-based PvP Roster.
» Focused Crafting Divisions.
» Web API-based Market Hub.
» Custom-coded Raiding tools.
» Fully Automated infrastructure.
» A well built, established roster.
» In-depth Guides and Resources.
» Integrated Discord - Sheets API.
» Interactive Community Projects.
» Organized Content (PvP and PvE).
» Like spreadsheets? We've got spreadsheets.
» Healthy, Constructive environment. 
» Full features list and breakdown on our website

Our Requirements:
» PvP Mandatory - Heavy PvP presence across the server.
» Level Rush - Commitment to rush towards the level cap.
» Be Mature - Stay Open-Minded. Drama is frowned upon.
» Active - Character progression + Attend in game events.
» Non-Toxic - Public Trash talk will not be tolerated.
» Discord Mandatory - Able to speak English and follow commands.

Why Discord?
We've integrated our spreadsheets and bots to work with Discord to ensure a simple yet effective method of management. Our members are able to adjust their data across our spreadsheets via integrated bot commands within Discord. No messy permissions or confusing edits. The above combined with our in-house coded Discord Bots lets us provide our members with an array of tools to better enjoy their experience.

Besides the above, Discord lets us manage an active roster and is an alternative to the traditional forums as it lets us host both text and voice channels for our members. It plays an important role in our guild as it is available on both PC and Android, thus allowing us to stay in touch with our community.

An optional Teamspeak server is available for static groups that need it.

What if I don't fit the Hardcore description?
We understand that people have lives and cannot invest ridiculous amounts of hours into a game. What matters to us is that you, as a player, progress towards end game. (Be it in the form of gearing up, clearing content, etc.)

If you’re a Semi-hardcore player and are interested in joining us, reach out to us on Discord and talk to us. We’re willing to make exceptions under certain circumstances.

As for crafters, we’ve got a few dedicated slots set aside for you. Understand that this is a position of importance as we’ll be relying on you to excel at your profession to provide our members with high quality gear.

Community Projects:
We consistently work towards building projects for the community, our biggest venture yet being The Ashes Post. This is a site created to function as a platform for content creators that strive to provide the best content for Ashes of Creation. You can find more details regarding this project on it's official forum thread.

Comments

• Oooo O.O nice symbol!
  • Ura_Eve said:
    Oooo O.O nice symbol!
    Thanks! Still loads of work to be done though.
  • Shaze  ;) so we will meet in AoC too!
  • Friends <3 
  • its nice to see you guys are coming over always good to see some familular faces i look forward to playing with and against you. I wish you guys all the best 
  • We look forward to playing against all of you once again!
  • Happy to see you guys here o/ can't wait to play with you all in AoC <3
  • Hello Shaze, glad to see you here ;)  <3<3<3
  • Tesss said:
    Shaze  ;) so we will meet in AoC too!
    Tess <3
    Friends <3 
    Oh the evil dictator, will the stories of Burzeo continue?
    Mandii said:
    Happy to see you guys here o/ can't wait to play with you all in AoC <3
    Mandii, good to see you here too ^^
    Valantor said:
    Hello Shaze, glad to see you here ;)  <3<3<3
    Valantor ^^
  • Valantor said:
    Hello Shaze, glad to see you here ;)  <3<3<3
    Looking forward to the PvP <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

•  <3 
  • good job on the guild fair guys you did far better than i did :) wish you all the best for the future
  • You guys sound like a decent opponent to fight against, looking forward see you on the battlefield :) 

Dont forget to join the diplomacy Discord so we can chat more closer to launch! Poke @Needletail for the Discord. 
  • Saw you guys on Guild Fair last night with a nice interview indeed. Good luck with your recruitment drive :)
  • kinky said:
    good job on the guild fair guys you did far better than i did :) wish you all the best for the future
    Unlike you guys who went first, we had time to prepare so its alright. Both of us will do much better in the next fair.
  • AeonAuron said:
    You guys sound like a decent opponent to fight against, looking forward see you on the battlefield :) 
    We look forward to meeting you in AoC as well. We're already on the Discord, so please feel free to drop us a PM anytime!
  • Kratz said:
    Saw you guys on Guild Fair last night with a nice interview indeed. Good luck with your recruitment drive :)

Thank you very much for the support!
  • yeah true that @Shaze still its not like either of our guilds needs to worry to much with recruiting already having a decent player base in current games makes it a tad easier. 

Starting to play revelation again just with work not quite having the time i used to have but still aiming to be there for everything next week
  • kinky said:
    Starting to play revelation again just with work not quite having the time i used to have but still aiming to be there for everything next week
    Look forward to seeing you in both games then.
  • Cant wait to give this great looking guild a go at launch!
  • Karikit said:
    Cant wait to give this great looking guild a go at launch!
    Glad to have you aboard.
  • Looks good to me
  • Great guild with great activities.
  • Cannot wait to play with you guys again! Only good memories with the bunch! Definitely something to look forward to! <3 
  • Best raid lead EU. Let's get this party starting  ;) 
  • Etsukoo said:
    Best raid lead EU. Let's get this party starting  ;) 
    Thank you, I do my best.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Looking forward to playing with you guys again! 
  • Yay, back in business again with you peeps. Let's show them what we got!
  • I love the sound and vibe I'm getting from guild. Karaoke nights? Sounds like an awesome community already. My only issue is I'm located on West coast US, and your guild is EU :(