Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[EU] [PvX] Burning Light [Semi+]

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in European Guilds
Hello everyone!

Short version:

Server: EU

Guild focus: All aspect of AoC world

Guild size: right now, between 10-20 (will be updated when needed) and aiming for around 50-100

Guild website: http://burninglight.clanwebsite.com/ 

Discord: https://discord.gg/hQsyJ9q

Language: Mainly English.

Intro:

First I will say thank you for taking the time to read this thread and I hope this will be something for you :D 
This is a more detailed guild thread than the other one I made before (see down at the button).

Burning Light is a newly created guild for AoC. That means it’s still under development, but will be finished before the release of AoC. The guild members until now are people that I have gathered from different games and people from this forum (6 active on discord, 4 active out of discord and around 5 inactive, but will be active closer to the game release-->total=15 right now 25/07/17). 
We are a EU guild, but will also welcome people from outside of EU. The guild is a PvX guild meaning that we don’t have a certain focus. We like to do different things together as a guild rather than have one focus and do that all the time. It will give each guild member a chance to choose what to do in the game. 
Why you should join the guild
We are maybe a small and newly created guild, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be a great guild to get involved in. You have the chance to be a bigger part of a guild and have a chance to make an impact on what happens in the guild. That’s something you can’t do in a big guild that already have a basic structure. Our goal is to be united as a strong pact and be the guild that don’t have to be big to make a difference in the game. 300 players will not decide a 5vs5 PvP match or a 10 player PvE raid.
What we offer
-          Discord
-          Mature gameplay both relaxed and serious
-          Good organization
-          Structured schedules for guild events (Google calendar)
-          Broad focus on all aspects of the AoC world
-          RP activities
-          Helping and fun community
-          Other game worlds while we wait – ex. Minecraft servers and “Dark and Light” server (ask me for details and inv)
Guild leaders:
Gm – WhyMe2000f
Raid leader: Buzziak
PvP leader: Walleye
Tavern master: none in the moment [open] 
Crafting master: none in the moment [open]
Economic headmaster: none in the moment [open]
Politic right hand: none in the moment [open]
More will be needed when the guild grows….
PvE structure:
The raid structure will be 3 different teams (ex. A, B and C teams) that will be running different days (to give as many people as possible a chance to run through different raids). “A” team will be main raid team where approved guild members with a certain skill level. B team will be the raid team where people are tested to get access to the A raid team, but also a serious raid team. C team is the team where players from the guild gathers up for relaxed raiding. [Raid leader will normally take lead here for A and B teams, the “caller” will be for B and C teams maybe A team as well]
The raid days on the different teams will be chosen by the guild members and will be uploaded on the google calendar, so all member will have access to it on their smartphones and computers. To changes the days for the raid teams all on the team needs to throw out their signature to support the idea (the days are chosen by all the players and can be changed by all players). We need to have room for flexibility.
The Loot system will be a point system where every time you are in raid you get points for the time you are there to fight with the guild and get extra points for coming earlier to the guild raids. The points from raids can be used on gear and crafting stuff [Raid leader comes in here]. We have a policy about fighting for your guild and friends, you will get rewarded for your time and effort. Every person that want a certain boss drop calls out and then a “blind roll” will be in charge of choosing who will get the item.  The person who gets the item will lose some/all of the points he/she has. Gear or crafting stuff that nobody wants, will be stored to the other members that needs the item later (cost less points or a deal can be made). Outsiders will also have the opportunity to collect raid points as well and get gear.

PvP structure:
The PvP structure will be small teams formed by the guild members on their own. They have their own channel on discord and can decide their own “caller” (like a PvP leader for their own group) and how serious they want to be [The PvP leader will organize that and give a helping hand]. The days when they are going in PvP arena for each team will also be listed in google calendar, to make it visible for other guild members so they can be a potential member of that PvP group.
PvP events where small tournaments between the guild members and PvP teams (if possible) will be held one time each month, to find the man/woman of the month. Under these kinds of events will there be a gathering of PvP tactics and maybe potential PvP members. Important factor is to learn from each other about combo’s, specs or what to do against certain characters/spec types and so on.     
Siege or bigger PvP structure will be leaded by the PvP leader and his/hers chosen “callers”. We are not a big guild right now, so maybe an alliance will be needed for that and it’s far more complicated to describe.
Caravan teams will be teams that are formed by the guild members. Better to get a team that are used to play with each other than a random setup team. (not certain yet, but will maybe be a rank system about how many Caravan defending trips each PvP team have, to get a badge or something [Will be updated soon] – Smoothy’s idea). 
Crafting structure:
Crafting is an important factor of the game in AoC. That’s why we need a structure for that. Every member in the guild need to give a hand on that subject. It’s hard to structure it, but with a little help from the community, we will form small teams in different areas in crafting. The crafting master and economic headmaster will be planning together what do to with the extra crafting material that the members have collected for the guild. The time and effort for the collecting process to the guild will be rewarded by a second name (like a title) given by the crafting master [updates on that will come later].

If you had made this far, thank you again for reading the long guild description. Hope you liked it and that the guild is something for you. If you have any questions that I didn’t answer, please don’t hesitate to ask. I do not bite and I’m very friendly hahah XD

----------------------------------------------------The old thread-----------------------------------------------

First, I will start with an introduction about myself:
My name is Lukas and go under the name WhyMe2000f. I'm 21 and from Denmark. Been playing MMORPG's for 10 years mostly WOW, but also other MMORPG's as well. Been in many different guilds/clans in different ranks and I draw to a conclusion that I will make my own GUILD in AoC. Right now, the guild has some members based of my friends from where i live and from other games (MMORPG’s MOBA players). Discord channel will soon be online and website will be running at the Alpha/Beta release. 
Burning Light as a Guild:
Burning Light is a newly created guild for AoC. If you've ever played an MMO, you know how much a good community is worth having and especially with the AoC's game system. We are here and need you to be a part of something bigger. 
As it says in the title, we will be a guild not focusing on one thing, but both PvE and PvP because boundaries do not make a game with many mechanics great. The Guild will be based on 4 piles:
1.  First of all, we want to have fun in Ashes of Creation and fun can mean many different things for each person. Connection to the other players and searching for each corner in the game will be at the first pile.   
2. The idea of a guild is, to create a close community. Here comes respect for rules, other people, behave right and treat people like you also want to be treated, because connection with people and other guilds are needed for this game. We all want have fun.
3. PvE and PvP. As said before, it is a PvX guild and therefor raids and player fights are an important pile of the guild. Success for many can be a drug and therefor fun and community are more important. 
Raid structure: We will make raid groups depending on how many we are (ex. A and B group) and the groups runs on different days to make it possible for people to make it to the raid. Each group has a "caller" (role can be shifted depends on who in the group) on how it goes down, what to do and setup for the run. Respect the "caller". We don't know 100% about the loot system in the game, but will be so everyone got a chance and + some luck roles. Of course, there will be a higher rank "raid master" with overall view.
PvP structure: depending on PvP information in the game (not said clearly yet) it will go in different groups with their own tactics depending on where they go. It's more flexible when it comes to PvP's. There will be a PvP higher rank in the guild to have view of each group.
Last structure: People who take it more relaxed and go for different things depending on what they will do in PvX. "Callers" will be made on the same day to train the role a bit. Will maybe be a Higher rank for this to make a view, but not clear yet.      
All kind of people are welcome in the guild! XD
4. Exploration/farming/connection. The idea of Ashes of Creation is a complex game with a huge world and lots of different things to do. Exploration, connection to guilds and trades are really important. It is a hard thing to structure, but for connection to other guild will guildmaster (me) and 2 other high rank roles be need for the job. Connection is a good to have and that is why it is the first thing to take account for. 
Farming will be quest's in the guild so people who got time can do. We work as a community and therefore it will be rewarded for each quest/task you make for the guild and yourself. There will be ranks for that situation where people can see and you can show an emblem of support. Trades will be a higher role for that (like a guildbank master) and that is the person who also makes the  ranks as rewards for people doing quest/task. Will come when the game is released. 
Exploring is always better to do with other people. Not a structured part, because then its gonna ruined the fun ;)
If you can see yourself in this guild, send me a message in here or on discord as [BL]WhyMe2000f#3905. You can always contact me with questions if I had missed something or you need to know more (can't say all things about the guild, but will come later close to AoC release of more information). I'm an open person and love to talk with people about anything. Remember to join the guild guys! 
The guild need to start at some point and just because we are a small community doesn't mean we can't make a difference in the game. Underdogs can always steal the light!
To the guildmasters, lets sit down and talk about an alliance ;)

Edit: some extra information about the guild and view:
https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33602/what-a-great-eu-and-oce-sea-guild-fair-so-fare#latest
We also got our Discord channel up online so you can join:
https://discord.gg/JVNdxR

Peace! <3

Comments

• Options
    Seems intresting will definitly keep this guild in mind
  • Options
    Nice @Buzziak you can always ask for some questions ;)
  • Options
    Good luck with your guild Lukas, still more then enough time to gather up a nice group of people. Maybe we will see you in the alpha or beta stages.
  • Options
    More and more guilds coming to Ashes. Great to see. Good luck with recruitment! :)
  • Options
    @Beorn thanks and yeah a lot of time to gather people ;) and yeah we see in the Beta XD

• Options
    @Kratz yeah it's really great with many guild in the game. Makes it more fun and give many oppetuneties :smiley:  and thanks ;)  
  • Options
    Nice! Just saw the game on Youtube. And i can see you just made a new Guild with some good structure and idea of the guild, great!

Ready to be recruited if there are some open slots?  
  • Options
    Sounds good that you liked the structure for the guild. It is a rough sketch structure because not all information of the game is out and still a long way to go tho.
    We have always room for new people in the guild XD
    Write to me at Discord, because i want to know about your skills and aim for AOC ;)
    also check out this discussion: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33602/what-a-great-eu-and-oce-sea-guild-fair-so-fare#latest
    there are some questions about the guild from guild fair event I had answered (just to get a overview). 
  • Options
    Nice, I will check out the other discussion and thanks for letning me join. I will hit you up with a discord :smiley:
  • Options
    Hey @WhyMe2000f  is there an age regression on the Guild? Because i really want to join But is only 15 years.

ps is Danish to
  • Options
    @Alexmums of course you can join ;) just send me your discord and i Will be in touch with you, because i'm on a vacation right now haha 
  • Options
    Okay thank you☺️ Really look foward to it
  • Options
    We look forward to work with you ;) 
  • Options
    Update: We got our Discord Channel up, come and join us!
  • Options
    Yeah come and Join the fun!  >:)
  • Options
    haha B)
  • Options
    Hey I can't seem to find you on discord... Your discord invite is also expired, could you update it? I would love to talk to you. :D
  • Options
    Yeah, haven't been updating it yet @Kaouki because i'm on holiday trip haha
    Think you can find the link at our guild thing on the website guildex.com ;) 
    Then you can talk with some members and then we can talk when im home ;) Hope you find the guild interresting :smiley:
  • Options
    @Kaouki here was the website https://aoc.guildex.org
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    looks really good, when can i join? :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You can join now XD just send me a message on Discord and i will guide you through XD
  • Options
    We have now our website online, so you can register and become a guild member :smiley:
    http://burninglight.clanwebsite.com/

• Options
    Update: We got our guild logo online XD
  • Options
    Guild Slogan!!!

"Burning Light: Can YOU locate the burning?"
  • Options
    hahahah @Karthos
  • Options
    new to ashes of creation, and hoping to find a great guild to start with. I already registered on the website just waiting approval. Also, Hope to have a great time with you all.
  • Options
    Nice that you found the game @Zero504 and I welcome you to our Guild :smiley:

• Options
    @WhyMe2000fi have a few questions for you.

1. what would be your stand point on a tavern owner as a resource manager as they would be a good resting zone, or mission starting location for raids and resource collectors.(resource coordinator/acquisition leader)

2. Seeing as your located in the EU, would you consider having a sister/partner guild within the NA servers so long as they fallow the same general principals as your guild? (example: community focused and mutual respect for fellow players.)

3. I know a few guilds will be looking to meet up right away and try to find a good plot of land to stake claim to, but will there be a possibility that you will be doing that to?
  • Options
    @Kenru
    1. Depending on what you mean by stand point. If you mean what role he/she will have in the guild being a tavern owner? If that's what you mean then as a tavern owner you would have to play a big part of the guild such as a PVE and PVP leader/Officer.
    Now that they have for some time ago explained how the tavern will be working (or how they see the tavern part in the game) it gave me some ideas for where we could place an important role like that in the guild. But it's still a hard role to place right now. We need to see it function in the game before going to details on placement (if I should be 100% honest).
    The tavern is a central place for each camp/town and that's why its both a place where it flows in and out with economic parts of the game, crafting parts of the game and social parts of the game. I clearly see that a tavern could be used more as a point where the raid or quests going to be started. So a whole new role that could play a part of the guild as a quest-craft manager in the guild will be possible.
    So a tavern role that includes staying updated on quests/rumors (quests won't be easy to find in this game, like icons on a map) and have like a crafting bank for raids (because of the raid starting point) and food will be the main things. That means a tavern role needs to be good at communicating and have a good relation to the economic headmaster. That will be my standpoint right now. More information to work with about the tavern part and other roles could change a bit my standpoint in the future.

2. I'm always open for new ways to spread out our guild ways of gaming/viewpoint by having sister/partner guilds that could make it possible for players around the world (fx NA) to not be limited because of time difference. On the other hand that proces will be limited, but it will still exist when the right time comes.

3. Our guild is in a Alliance with some other guilds right now. So when the time is coming the leaders for each guild will discuss what to do and how to handle the situation. So yeah we will definitely be looking for a land part in the game and we will get it. 

Hope I came around the things you want to know :smiley:

• Options
    @WhyMe2000f

thank you, it cleared up a lot for me :)
    As a new Guild leader i wish to make ties with other guild leaders both in the NA and EU servers, and wanted to see your view points on a couple things.