Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Vendo [NA][PvX] Merchant & Economic Guild 18+

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in North American Guilds

Vendo

Leadership: Caedes, Ponda

Trade | PvE | Defensive PvP | Raiding | Crafting | Community

Intro

Driven by gold: We, together as a community, are a merchants guild, followers of the craft, gatherers, traders, pillagers of the land, and the hands of the gods... come one, come all!

Vendo is primarily functioned to sustain a healthy economy both server wide and node based. To aid those willing to spend for the finest goods, services and build trust within our trade.

Overview

Vendo is a North American guild built upon those individuals that have had experience in MMO's and team based games, such as WoW, FFXIV, EVE, BDO, GW2, ArcheAge, and many others. Our guild is bringing those such players together to provide a strong presence upon the server. Vendo is the Merchant-esc guild to provide needs to not just individual players, but for the server economy and nodes.

Our aim is for a mid-sized guild that can expand to a large guild if needed. We will strive to have all members have a part, a voice, and be known. Too many guilds have members that are numbers. Why choose between *quantity AND quality* when you can strive for both?

Closer to alphas our guild site will be made public to members by providing an out of game calendar and guild related items to review. The public will have access for events such as community driven events to bring players together to help spend gold and to help build a strong and long awaited MMO community like the days of old.

Vendo Bullet Points

• Community events
  • Weekly Guild Quest
  • Raid teams
  • Dungeon groups
  • Trade Agreements to Guilds and Groups
  • Defensive PvP - Can defend itself
  • Branch system for macro organization
  • Self-Reliant, enhanced by trust
  • 50+ members to start in Alpha
  • 100+ to start in betas
  • 150+ into full release
  • Many have Alpha 1 + already

Who We are Looking For

Don't hesitate to join our discord! Vendo welcomes those that are new to MMO's with a will to learn, we have many MMO veterans amongst us and look forward to applying their experience with new players. Vendo intendeds to grow as a community and be inclusive to a range of players. Below are some common items we are looking for in someone:

• New players and Veterans of MMOs
  • A will to advance the guild
  • Knowledge with spreadsheets and guide making
  • Knowledge of in-game markets
  • Raiding experience
  • PvP experience
  • Alpha and Beta access (this isn't required nor necessary, lots of us have Alpha 1 and above)

PVE

Raiding and gathering materials are the basics of most MMO's and AoC is very similar. Vendo is providing a strong raiding and dungeon base group. Vendo has community events and guild quest to not only focus on a task but to bond with each other. We are a self-sustaining guild enhance by others. Farm groups for materials are not a stranger to us and nor is farming bosses.   See Trade for more info regarding PvE.

PVP

Do not underestimate the Merchant. There are many ways to fight that doesn't require a sword or staff. We aren't a guild to troll, PK, or grief. We are not ones to be taken advantage upon. Vendo will defend itself. A guild that only relies on others is one that can be overrun. Our caravans are safe, our houses or safe, our goods are safe. We will not provoke with our sword, but will defend with one.

Trade

Trading is essential to any game that provides an economy. Ashes of Creation intends to have an economy that is player driven. Vendo is there to steer the wheel. We aim to assist those willing to trade and build trust. As mentioned before we are not here to provoke or grief. Our caravans are primary protected by us. Plans are in the works, not yet discussed here, to provide a benefit for trade with Vendo. We have plans that players want to trade with us.

Branch System and Structure

Leadership is essential to games, guilds, and life. Vendo is not a guild to be held back by a plethora of ranks and titles. We are member focused with leadership to assist in various aspects of Ashes of Creation. Leadership is given to those with merit and trust. Too many guilds in the past have the GM or officer that are nothing more than a title. Remember the cliche husband and wife guild leads who play favorites? Not here, not ever. Our leadership are ones that have their feet wet and are doers! Leading by example is a strong trait, one we wish to uphold.

Three branches will make up Vendo and they are:  Merchants, Militia, and Explorers. The idea is to have focused players in each branch. Some of our members play MMOs for crafting primarily, others for PvE and PvP. Incorporating a branch system is to provide organization at a macro level and let members and leaders focus on the micro level. Being in any branch doesn't lock you in any content. A Militia member can be a crafter for trade etc.

Merchants

Merhcants are a branch that will focus on trade in the node, with players, and guilds. By establishing trade routes, trade agreements and boost the economy. These are the crafters, the processors and the ones to assist the market. We have veterans of the trade and this branch is far from lacking.

Militia

A militia is needed to keep the peace. There are griefers and trolls that wish to interrupt trade routes and mess with our clientele... the militia is here to enforce Vendo's and the clientele's safety. Protecting our trade, enforcing our presence, and organizing defense with others.

Explorers

The explorers are those that assist in scouting maps, dungeons, raids and the environment. These are the members that focus on finding resources, helping Vendo in all aspects. Should this be PvP with caravans, helping gather or raiding. Explorers are where most members are located to pool and assist in all aspects of the game.

Discord

https://discord.gg/EruGSVY

Summation

•  Focus on trade/economy
  •  Community Leadership Roles based on Merit
  •  Competitive based Guild  (hardcore & softcore are old terms)
  • Cover all aspects of AoC: Raids, Battlegrounds, Dungeons, Trade, Defensive PvP
  • 18+
  • Self-sustaining guild, PvE, PvP, crafting, proccessing, and gathering.
  • Branch system for members to focus on their playstyle: Merchants, Militia, Explorers

Comments

• Go go Alistair! 
  • Gold makes the world works. If we happen to be on the same server, I hope to see you guys develop an economic node quickly.
  • Nice leaders!
  • Alistair has a crush on me, so that's cute. #GoVendoGo
  • I have updated the guild thread.
  • Haha Czar and Xombie
  • Mmm, this is even better than the first one that drew me in  ;)
  • G3n086 said:
    Mmm, this is even better than the first one that drew me in  ;)
    Thank-you Geno! This should reflect our current status as a guild now, the last post was outdated. :)
  • Great group of guys & gals, We have been playing lots of different games and getting ready for ashes! 
  • Tree said:
    Great group of guys & gals, We have been playing lots of different games and getting ready for ashes! 
    We've had great fun playing, I look forward to playing some more cooperative games with everyone too; in this gap until AoC!
  • Well sign me up! haha. Looks like a great group of people. I'll join the Discord.
  • Zaal said:
    Well sign me up! haha. Looks like a great group of people. I'll join the Discord.
    Glad to have you, it was great to meet and talk with you today!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Vendo has introduced some amazing individuals within the Guild these past days. Such as some great MMO veterans starting way back, even from Ultima Online! I look forward to getting my hands on Ashes of Creation with you all.
  • To all new potential members don't feel shy to join the discord :) Also a website will be set up for the guild at some point between now and Christmas
  • We also play a variety of games in this waiting time for AoC
  • We are starting a DnD campaign and will be making new ones over time if anyone is interested!
  • A few of us will be at PAX West as well.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I'm interested, maybe I will have time to pass during the weekend or today on the discord, do you know if the discord will be active? What are you doing until then as group?

I'm a finance guy, I love market. I'm not a native english speaker (french). I will need people to guide me a little bit or it will be an escuse to interact with others more frequently.
  • Not interested based on what I've seen with your recent posts within this community.

If you have questions Werits; PM me directly.

-Alistair
  • Zaal said:
    A few of us will be at PAX West as well.
    Should be great, and there's  enough time in advance for PAX next year to start planning too!
  • We will also be holding contests with a possibility of winning either a steam gift card, AoC merch (if its ever a thing then it'll be a possible reward) and when the game is released we will award the winner with in game items such as rare weapons and armor or materials. You do not have to be a member of Vendo to participate, this is for the AoC community as a whole :smile:
  • ^ Awesome!
  • Go go Vendo!
  • Karthos said:
    Go go Vendo!
    Thank-you! Freelance Dude!! <3
  • Updated the forum post that separated a paragraph into a few bullet points on who we are looking for. We have expanded well in the recent months and met some amazing individuals. Those that have played many MMO's in the market and some new players to the genre!

We have high aspirations for our Guild and are accepting to those with a will to advance themselves and the guild as a whole!
  • Caedes said:
    We will also be holding contests with a possibility of winning either a steam gift card, AoC merch (if its ever a thing then it'll be a possible reward) and when the game is released we will award the winner with in game items such as rare weapons and armor or materials. You do not have to be a member of Vendo to participate, this is for the AoC community as a whole :smile:
    The Ashes Got Talent went very well, and gratz to the winners! Can't wait for the store to open up for all of the community to get our hands on some merch!
  • So interested. I'll join the Discord tonight!  :)
  • Sign me right up! MMO trade vet <-
  • Mootdog said:
    Sign me right up! MMO trade vet <-
    Join our discord. Ill be home late evening tonight EST if you have any questions
  • Does it matter where where you live? I live in Japan and I do speak english. Your guild is very enticing and seems to have a great plan to move foreword.