Haunted Halloween: Upcoming Community Events and a special Spook-A-Thon Stream!

GM SamGM Sam Administrator admin
edited October 17 in Announcements & Headlines
AllHallowsEveHeaderjpg

Overview

Bring out your howling werewolves, and cackling witches, the Intrepid Team summons you to a month of something twisted. We’ve listened well and heard the cries, and now are happy to announce a most dreadful surprise! *Mwahahahaha!*

Alpha Zero keys, so many Alpha Zero keys! How do you get them you wonder? You must please the Sandal King Steven! Every day leading up to the 31st, our undead team of developers invite you to unleash your creativity upon the world. Our spookiest minions will be rewarded for their mischief with a chance to playtest Ashes of Creation this December exclusively with the Devs and their brood!

To sweeten the cauldron, we’re additionally hosting a very special Spook-A-Thon Stream this Halloween, and invite you all to marvel over the chosen winners monstrous creations with us! It’s sure to be a scream.

Intrepid’s Costume Ball!

Who knows what ghastly sights will wander around our Studio on the 31st. Wizards and memes will surely fill the air with all kinds of horrors. But what is a party without some additional frightful guests? The Team at Intrepid Manor has extended an invitation to you this haunted hour; come one come all to the Spooky Scary Intrepid Costume Ball! Be sure to dress to impress, even down to the pets!

For rules and submission entries please head on over to our Intrepid’s Costume Ball event page: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36372/haunted-halloween-intrepids-costume-ball-event

Pumpkin Carving!

Now then, now then, this is all well and good for later frights, but what on earth can we do tonight? On the first Haunted Hallow day, Intrepid gave to me: a Pumpkin Carving Contest, whoopy! Bring your creativity to life for a chance to be included in our upcoming testing phase and have your piece showcased live on Twitch!

For rules and entry submissions, please head on over to our Pumpkin Carving event page found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36373/haunted-halloween-pumpkin-carving-event

Halloween Fan Art!

But what of our minions who prefer a paper canvas to a pumpkin? Weave your quill to summon the most horrific sights. Unleash your minds this Hallow month to show the world how Verra celebrates the night. All creativity is allowed on these unholy grounds, but the minions who personify our world the best will walk away with a crown.

For rules and entry submissions, please head on over to our Halloween Fan Art event page found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36424/haunted-halloween-halloween-fan-art-event

Horror Short Story Night!

For the wordsmiths among us who moonlight as bards, there are untold legends of Verra that we entice you to impart. Local legends murmur of many horrific sights, we beg that you regale us with our Horror Short Story Nights!

For rules and entry submissions, please head on over to our Horror Short Story Night event page found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36425/haunted-halloween-horror-short-story-night-event

With a month at our disposal to create some frights, we do hope our glorious community will join us for a good couple of nights. There's sure to be many laughs and many screams, so from all of us here at Intrepid Studios, we wish you a Happy Halloween!

Don't forget to post and share on Social Media with the hashtag #AshesOfCreation. We will be picking winners from Social Media as well! heartraised_hand_with_part_between_middle_and_ring_fingersskin-tone-1prayskin-tone-1

Comments

• BelewynBelewyn Moderator mod
    edited October 17
    Halloween iconMay it be a spooktacular event <3

PS. You may submit as many entries as you like. Intrepid will be pulling winners from both the forums and the #AshesofCreation social media.

Belewyn

Community Moderator

Welcome to the Ashes of Creation Community!
    Should you need assistance with anything related to the AoC Community,
    please do not hesitate to contact me either via Message here
    or on Discord (Belewyn#1421)

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ

• JebporkinsJebporkins Member ✭✭✭
    Oh man, now I google how to be creative

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM of Elusive [US]

ELUSIVE IS RECRUITING MATURE PLAYERS
    PvX | Semi-Casual | Dedicated

See our Recruitment Post Here

Our Discord | Elusive Website | Elusive Guildex

• Vengeance is gonna be there to represent the best of the best. Lets do it! 
    Visit us online at our website or on our discord!
  • makinojimakinoji Member ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all the artists. 
  • TeyTey Member ✭✭✭
    i'm a Pumpkin, it's time to carve out my soul and free the spirit within.
    "One never knows what lies over the next hill, so go and see."
  • T-ElfT-Elf Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already have an Alpha 0 key, are you able to win another? if so, can you donate that key?

• DiuraDiura Moderator mod
    Poor trick or treaters that come to my house! I'll be too busy watching this stream rather than handing sweets out :o Can't wait to see everyone's creativity!

• FliPFliP Member ✭✭✭✭
    In my desparation I might try the drawing challenge.

I am in no way responsible for bleeding eyes, look at it at your own risk.
    E: flip@eternal-guild.com

Eternal

[EU, PvX, Social, Semi-Hardcore]

⟅ WebsiteForumDiscord ✟ Forum Topic ⟆

• KratzKratz Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing those with a creative flair get to work :)

• MeharielMehariel Member ✭✭
    edited October 17

Looking forward to it ! :3

• ObidusObidus Member
    If only I were creative hahaha.. 
  • nagashnagash Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the dead rise 

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead do not fight one another. The dead have no desires, no petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • GitGuderGitGuder Member
    I can't create I can only DESTROY!
  • BelewynBelewyn Moderator mod
    GitGuder said:
    I can't create I can only DESTROY!
    So write us a story about the destruction ... go, go, go ;)

Belewyn

Community Moderator

Welcome to the Ashes of Creation Community!
    Should you need assistance with anything related to the AoC Community,
    please do not hesitate to contact me either via Message here
    or on Discord (Belewyn#1421)

Make sure to take a glance at our Code of Conduct and FAQs:

Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct

Technical Support FAQ

Customer Service FAQ

• Ninja ShadowNinja Shadow Member ✭✭✭✭
    FliP said:
    In my desparation I might try the drawing challenge.

I am in no way responsible for bleeding eyes, look at it at your own risk.

Why not make one of bleeding eyes?
    Bartle 80 explorer 47 socializer 47 killer 27 achiever

The march for crumpets begins with you
  • AurakAurak Member
    Very interesting Halloween events none that I would even be good at doing so my chances are slim to none maybe I will dress up the dog he will probably never come around me again  :p.
  • SoySoySoySoy Member ✭✭
    YES I'm so excited for this!! 
    I really wanna draw something  :o <3
    Now a week-ish into the competition ......

How I thought I'd handle the drawing:
    Like a proooooo!

How reality works:
    Drawing proceeds to laugh at me while throwing rubber bands in my face.

• KratzKratz Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a large ball out of those rubber bands and throw it back twice as hard @SoySoy! You can do it! ;)

• zazukeyszazukeys Member
    If only I was a more creative individual who did not have to work this week :open_mouth:
    Image result for ace signature
  • horendishorendis Member
    Didin't think I had a chance to win with so many story entries, so I didn't submit. So regret that now... Ashes Team is so generous! Grats to the entries!  Anyway, thought I'd add my story in case some peeps might enjoy it.

User Name: Horendis

Entry: Fright or Fight?

I woke up shaking, a feeling of unease gripped my throat from the nightmare I had just experienced. I swallowed hard and tried to shake off the grogginess. Those creatures I came across yesterday unsettled me to no end. Those spiny teeth, that lily flower on its head. It was a leaping fanged angler – a, a, Flanangler. When I reached for the flower, it lept at me, then two more moved in the murky water. I slipped in the mud, barely escaping.  Can they travel up from the water? Would they creep into my home at night?

I quickly put on my gear – a feeble attempt at feeling secure…  It was still dark outside. Remnants of my nightmare lingered as I peered out the window. I opened the door, looking around carefully, then slowly trudged past the garden. The smell of soil and floral scents, usually reassuring, heightened my tension as I scanned the darkness. I waited and listened.

I am now fully aware of every sound coming from my armor - the squeak of the leather, the clank of metal each time I jerk my head round to catch a glimpse of the shifting shadows,

as my eyes strain to focus at the swaying grass.

"Ok, this is ridiculous," I say in a voice of reassurance.

I close my eyes and force my jagged gasps into a long, slow, deep breath. Halfway through my inhale a twig snaps in the distance. My eyes shoot open. The horses announce a threat

with those spooky noises they make - half cry, half whinny.

I run towards the corral at the edge of the Freehold. Criticizing thoughts run with me. I placed my Freehold too near the river. I should never have strayed so far from the village. I...

Just past the corral I skidded to a stop. My heart pounded in my chest like a drunken warrior banging at a tavern door. I was frozen in place. The cries of the horses pushed back far behind me. I couldn't smell the sweet wood smoke from my house. The elk fleeing the area with their glowing antlers bobbing like will o wisps in the night did not register.

The eyes... Big as shields and full of hate stared right at me. The great beast before

me let out bellowing roar that seemed to shake the world around me. That horrible, rotting, breathy smell snapped me back to reality. A great shield wall rose up before me, lights flashed and the whoosh of arrows announced this beast was being pursued. A satisfying grin spread across my face. Fear, smell, sight and sound all rushed into my arm as I unsheathed my blade as adrenalin and courage flowed out as a battle cry.

Goodbye fright, hello fight. It is on!

• BaussBauss Member
    love it @horendis

I was too slow in posting my costume too (albeit cheesy). Your story rocks, great effort!
This discussion has been closed.