Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha 1 is upon us! - Proper Testing is recruiting

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2018 in North American Guilds

TLDR Version - Proper Testing is now recruiting those who wish to test properly!

Viktor casts defensive CD Wall of Text -

Glorious Greetings Community! 

Alpha 0 is past, the Alpha 1 stress test is in full swing, and the main launch of Alpha 1 is close at hand! 

Proper Testing successfully participated in Alpha 0 (everything past that is NDA).  Now that things are becoming more open, and NDAs are about to lift, it's time for more testing!  The concept behind this guild, is obviously to test properly, not just play Alpha 0 like it was a released product.  What does this mean?  I'm glad you asked!  

Goals of Proper Testing:

1. Identify Bugs / Glitches / Abnormalities / Balance Issues
  2. Ensure that all issues found are fully documented, with quality and consistent feedback
  3. Attempt to co-operate between members to reproduce issues found and further document results
  4. Actually Report the issues found! 

Just like Alpha 0, Alpha 1 isn’t a finished product, and shouldn’t be played like one, this is not an asian early access.  Not saying that you shouldn’t have fun, or should make things feel like a job.  We want to enjoy the world Steven has provided to us.  That said, the best thank you to Steven is to find a problem, and do something about it (don't try to find exploits to use after launch!).  

There will be plenty of people playing to just have fun, the goal of our guild is to play and make a difference.  We want to be able to know at launch that the reason people like the fight with Boss X is because we tested / exploited the crap outta that boss in testing, and helped Steven find a way to make him a better, more stable encounter.  When you walk through the forest and never fall through the world?  Yeah, that was us, jumping up and down on every square inch of the world, falling through a billion times, and reporting every step of the way. 

As for who we’re looking for?  First, people willing to adhere to the testing principles above.    When a guild member asks for help reproducing a bug, you should be ok with stopping what you’re doing (if at all possible), and making bug fixing your priority.  Player skill, or time to devote doesn’t matter.  We can make use of anyone, as long as you’re willing to do things right.  If you’re great at PvE, wonderful, you can help us test the quests / dungeons / eventual raids.  Master of PvP?  Awesome, lets go sack a caravan, start up a siege, hell lets find out how bright a shade of red we can turn the corruption meter.  

What we don’t need?  Anyone who has a bad attitude, is lazy, or has the generic “game is trash” mentality.  We’re here to make Verra a better place, not increase the toxic corruption, or spit on Steven’s dream.  I do want honest feedback, but telling Steven that his game is just “trash”, for any reason isn’t helpful, it’s just negative.  Anyone going around yelling about the game being trashed will be assumed to be a Trion employee and spat on as such. 

If you’re interested in joining please let me know!  You can post here, DM me here on the forums, find me in Ashes Discussion, or DM me on discord.  Remember, the only good bug, is a dead bug!  Do your part!  Service guarantees Citizenship!

Regards, 

[PT] ViktorBelmont#4339

Comments

• Good luck on your guild buddy! ill join once i get my key! (if) haha
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    I'd love to join, alas, I lack the access. But I'm glad your focus is right. Kudos to you!
  • I'd love to join during the alpha phases, however, I'm not sure if I'll stick around when the game goes live, I hope that's not an issue
  • @BraneGames

Oh!  I missed that point in my post!  This is a pre-launch guild only!  I'll be forming a new guild that has an actual ashes related theme for launch.  This guild already has NA, EU, and OCE members.  Not everyone will be going to an NA server once launch hits.  However, while we wait, I hope for the community I love to all play together.
  • If there will be PK mechanics preset in Alpha 0 then you are in big trouble my friend.
    But if not, I'll probably join too :D
  • I need to find the dead first and foremost so good luck with your quest and I may see you soon 
  • To my knowledge I thought PvP was going to be enabled in A0.  If it is, gotta test it.  Gotta get a group together to kill people until your corruption meter glows like Chernobyl, and then see what we can break as part of that process.  If you don't have a gig going Auron you're welcome with my crew!  If you do, perhaps we can test alliance mechanics if those exist.  If they don't, I gotta have somebody to kill to light up my corruption.

Nagash, I wouldn't expect you to cavort with the living, much respect to your royal deadness.
  • I love the idea of a pre-launch guild with this as it's main purpose. Sure... Intrepid will not expect all people with access to actually report anything or give feedback, hell... some with access probably won't even play. But if you do play, it is already data Intrepid can work with, and the game will be finished without any help of testers... but you have to think about the possibilities you as a tester have. You want a good game, so why would you not report issues and give your feedback about stuff you don't like and maybe even give idea's how little adjustments could make something better? You want that good game you can sink into and specially if you don't like something about it, you have the chance to tell... and maybe be heard. The testers can make the difference between a game that has good idea's but often feels awkward, tedious or even annoying... or a game that is 99% fun.

Long story short.. PT - I am in.
  • 5 more weeks to recieve a key, then ill join.
  • To my knowledge I thought PvP was going to be enabled in A0.  If it is, gotta test it.  Gotta get a group together to kill people until your corruption meter glows like Chernobyl, and then see what we can break as part of that process.  If you don't have a gig going Auron you're welcome with my crew!  If you do, perhaps we can test alliance mechanics if those exist.  If they don't, I gotta have somebody to kill to light up my corruption.

Don't have a big group, we will be playing with 2 or 3 people. Enough to test PK mechanics on your filthy guild!!11!!one!1 
  • If anyone from ENMITY guild won a key, lets get together and test out the skills! I wonder if the mages portal skill will end up leaving the person stranded b/c of bugs. Haha.
    edited November 2017
    This is a great idea! I think I just got a key for the Dec release alpha zero by participating in the All Hallows Eve contests (if I understand the stream and announcement correctly) in which case sign me up! I will be there!

• Hey guys! I would love to join the alpha 0... I have a lot of available time and a lot of excitement! Contact me if you need!
  • As one of the peasants who has not been lucky enough to receive a key, and thus has not received an NDA, I would ask those that are lucky.

Are you allowed to make screenshots? If you are, please, kindly post them <3
    edited November 2017
    Ariatras said:
    As one of the peasants who has not been lucky enough to receive a key, and thus has not received an NDA, I would ask those that are lucky.

Are you allowed to make screenshots? If you are, please, kindly post them <3
    I think the whole alpha 0 is under NDA, so I don't think we are allowed but if we are you will get buried under my undead screenshots 
  • Alpha 0 is under NDA, and nothing can be posted by any of us lowly worms that were privileged enough to get in.  Only the Lord High Sandal may share the glorious news of Alpha 0.

Also, for anyone who isn't sure, you can only get into Alpha 0 by winning a key from Intrepid.  There is no way to buy in, and they aren't recruiting testers either.  Watch out for the weekly drawings, as well as any contests that arise.
  • TLDR Version - Proper Testing is now recruiting those who wish to test properly!

Viktor casts defensive CD Wall of Text -

Glorious Greetings Community! 

Alpha 0 is close at hand, and I am now announcing the founding and initial recruitment for "Proper Testing"!  The concept behind this guild, is obviously to test properly, not just play Alpha 0 like it was a released product.  What does this mean?  I'm glad you asked!  

Goals of Proper Testing:

1. Identify Bugs / Glitches / Abnormalities / Balance Issues
    2. Ensure that all issues found are fully documented, with quality and consistent feedback
    3. Attempt to co-operate between members to reproduce issues found and further document results
    4. Actually Report the issues found! 

Alpha 0 isn’t a finished product, and shouldn’t be played like one.  Not saying that you shouldn’t have fun, or should make things feel like a job.  We want to enjoy the world Steven has provided to us.  That said, the best thank you to Steven is to find a problem, and do something about it (don't try to find exploits to use after launch!).  There will be plenty of people playing to just have fun, the goal of our guild is to play and make a difference.  We want to be able to know at launch that the reason people like the fight with Boss X is because we tested / exploited the crap outta that boss in testing, and helped Steven find a way to make him a better, more stable encounter.  When you walk through the forest and never fall through the world?  Yeah, that was us, jumping up and down on every square inch of the world, falling through a billion times, and reporting every step of the way. 

As for who we’re looking for?  First, people willing to adhere to the testing principles above.  This will include expecting every member to report things the same way.  We have a template we all use, and can understand (assuming Intrepid doesn’t have their own required template).  When a guild member asks for help reproducing a bug, you should be ok with stopping what you’re doing (if at all possible), and making bug fixing your priority.  Player skill, or time to devote doesn’t matter.  We can make use of anyone, as long as you’re willing to do things right.  If you’re great at PvE, wonderful, you can help us test the quests / dungeons / eventual raids.  Master of PvP?  Awesome, lets go sack a caravan, start up a siege, hell lets find out how bright a shade of red we can turn the corruption meter.  

What we don’t need?  Anyone who has a bad attitude, is lazy, or has the generic “game is trash” mentality.  We’re here to make Verra a better place, not increase the toxic corruption, or spit on Steven’s dream.  I do want honest feedback, but telling Steven that his game is just “trash”, for any reason isn’t helpful, it’s just negative.  Anyone going around yelling about the game being trashed will be assumed to be a Trion employee and spat on as such. 

If you’re interested in joining please let me know!  You can post here, DM me here on the forums, or find me in Ashes Discussion or DM me on discord.  Remember, the only good bug, is a dead bug!  Do your part!  Service guarantees Citizenship!

Regards, 

[PT] ViktorBelmont#4339

hey i rly want to join in Alpha0 pls let me try help..i'm waiting for a long time!!.
  • If I acquire a Key I will definitely be present. Wish I would have had time to participate in the Halloween competitions. 
  • Don't give up hope yet folks.  Keys are still being given out from the weekly drawings, and some folks are winning them from the charity streams.  Just stay positive!
  • I would love to join this guild, I am praying to the Lord Steven and Jesus Intrepid for a Alpha 0 key :).
  • So, and additional update it seems some people are concerned about their current guild affiliations.  If your guild isn't in A0, or any of the other testing phases, I don't care if you still want to identify with them.  You don't have to put PT on your tag or anything.  You can feel free to join me and test until your friends arrive, or launch happens.  Whichever comes first.

Perhaps you join and think Proper Testing is just a great place to be, even though your friends are joining later?  Bring them along!  As long as the goal is still to test properly, everyone is welcome!

Also, if it wasn't clear from the above, testing properly means we will need to take over a castle, raid, the whole nine yards.  Testing properly doesn't mean we don't still function as a real guild.
  • viktorbelmont said:

Also, if it wasn't clear from the above, testing properly means we will need to take over a castle, raid, the whole nine yards.  Testing properly doesn't mean we don't still function as a real guild.
    I can see it now, the game is released, people are questing, then they see 5 people with the guild tag PT trying to jump on a tree. Someone else runs over, "Oh don't worry about those guys, they are a little....special. It is said they started as alpha testers and their brains burned from too much endless testing, now they are doomed to wander the servers, always striving to find a glitch, an error to sate their fervor."
  • Updated the message for Alpha 1, hope to see everyone maxing out the servers soon!