Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - February 9th @ 1 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• Options
    How many servers per regions ?
  • Options
    Are there gonna be guild uniforms? Something like what Log Horizon features.
  • Options
    What degree of freedom will Character Creation allow us ? e.g hair lenght, body type, eye colours (heterochromia) etc.
  • Options
    So far we have gotten to look at the kind of kit that four of the eight archetypes will have. We've seen that Tank has sword and shield, Cleric has staff, Mage has book. and Ranger, unsurprisingly has bow. What can you tell us about the remaining four archetypes and their kit. I am especially interested in how the base kits for Summoner and Bard are going to work. what weapon will these two have an advantage with?
  • Options
    My question is: Will my question ever be answered? An answer would be appreciated thanks.
  • Options
    Will there be diminishing returns on crowd control? If so will it be for PVE, PVP, or both?
  • Options
    All gameplay videos so far seem to be in third-person view. 
    Will the game also support first-person for exploration, combat, etc. ?
  • Options
    What will be the incentives for keeping a node leveled after beating the content associated with it? Why wont we want to siege down our own node to gain access to new stuff? Will we lose access to rare resources associated with that node or something? 
  • Options
    Since you decided with no pvp gear just one set PVE gear.  Do you just plan to put toons in PVE gear in Arenas or  is gear going to scaleddown or be equalized. Are legendaries going to be allowed in Arenas might give some one unfair advantage.

What about Gear that gives a toon a minor ability which could be very advantegeous in an Arena. Are those type of items going to be allowed in arenas.

I mean in competitive play gear matters so much people will be inclined to play with toons with higher gear score /item level or legendary or Well you have to go and farm this item if you want to play with us. 

What about a system of Standarized PVP gear that allows people to choose from a certain pool of gear that is only for arenas. Not necesarily have to have a long grind for it if at all.  Maybe just make it alot easier to have two sets of gear PVP and PVE.
    Like FREE PVP GEAR
  • Options
    Will there be surnames or a global mail/name so that mail to one character will go to all characters on that account?
  • Options
    Is it possible to get a list of confirmed weapon types? I do not need a complete list just what you know will be in at this time.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    -Will classes (NOT archetypes) could get REALLY specific unique passive skills / unique bonuses from stats and equipment - like monk class(in some RPGs) get additional AC bonus from wisdom stat + different deffencive and other bonuses from wearing "plain" clothes(inherent only to him)?
  • Options
    Hi Steven, I hear you say in your podcast and video interviews that you pursued developing your own game due to the mmo industry being in a declining state with no hope in sight.  After listening to hours of interviews you have sold me friend.   Your ideas so far check off soo many boxes that i have pertaining to an mmo i could sink thousands of hours into.  That being said you also have to pay bills.  My question to you is, how much of your vision will you remain true to and how much will you change to satisfy a playerbase?  ive been on your forums and there are many people ranting about the same things they complain about when every other game comes out trying to make it like that other game we all know but wont mention.  
    p.s.  great slogan.  make mmo's great again!  good stuff, keep up the good work, wish you the best!
  • Options
    I am very interested in the PVE content and how that will play out. In other MMO's the dungeons and raid have the new/shiny wear off fast, and things become a grind. Is there any consideration on dungeons / raids having a variable path or some other aspect where they change. Kind of like Nodes, but in reverse. As you push through a raid or dungeon, maybe next time or as time does things break down , you busted enough doors, etc. Where you open up new ways to traverse the map. Maybe there are new bosses as well that come out of the wood-work, etc.  Raids, as your guild progresses, the 'node' of the raid breaks down, allowing it to reconfigure the raid. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Will* players be able to choose click to move/target controls?
  • Options
    Will there be a time limit for upgrading kickstarter packages?
  • Options
    It might be a stretch but I would really love if controller support was fully implemented into the game if so would it be of less quality like in free to play mmo's or maybe the likes of subscription based offerings

• Options
    probably a strange question. but have you ever heard of the grass porridge cult? 
    it's from a book called royal road. and honestly your game sounds similar to this book in so many ways that it just makes me super happy. because that was always viewed as my dream game (if anyone knows what the grass porridge cult is. contact me)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Is there going to be, or would you ever consider implementing something similar to the Treasure Trails system in RuneScape? Basically - a treasure hunt system that rewards players with sweet loot after completing a series of map clues; with multiple difficulty ranks of clue scrolls depending on how they were acquired.

• Options
    The last blog post said that you plan to release more information on classes as we march into 2018, is there any plans on a time frame for that or is it still up in the air?
  • Options
    Can you please give us more information about ship combat and if it will be similar to Archage? 
  • Options
    Hiya Steven and co. Do you intend to hire GMs to moderate the servers in-game? With the ability to jump between servers and manipulate game mechanics to discover if people are cheating in dungeon runs and the like? If so, when can we expect to hear about this hiring phase?
  • Options
    Will there be some sort of family system? Marriages? Maybe the ability to adopt other players as children? Successors to my throne that I plan to be sitting upon!! Muahahahaha 
  • Options
    All I want to know is will I be able to summon skeletons with the Necromancer (Summoner/Cleric) class? I desire nothing more than to conquer the world through calcium based life forms. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I apologize if this has already been answered:

How will you be tackling the in-game map feature in terms of how much information is given? Will we see a map that has a lot of detail, or maybe one that is a bit more scarce on information where players have to rely on vocational memory. 

In my opinion many other MMOs have an in-game map that offers to much information and is to detailed. This I feel detracts from that idea of exploring an unknown world. How would I know that this particular building is at the specific location if I had never been there before. So will we see a map that has a lot of detail, or maybe one that is a bit more scarce on information where players have to rely on vocational memory. 

Thank you all for your time and hard work!
  • Options
    Hello,

My question is in regards to Crowd Control (CC) balance.   I have played games where hard casting classes (almost all abilities are hard time-dependent casts)have been exclusively been turned into free Player Kills (PKs) as they had no ability except to get distance from their opposition from the more well endowed CC class (Lizzard's (fictitious corporation here) Elemental Shaman vs Rogues infamously known in the MMORPG world come to mind). This made playing the class unpopular and generally not fun - well except for those who saw it as a challenge.

How much CC is too much from your perspective?
  • Options
    As someone who wants to mainly be a high tier smither early in the game, what are my steps to accomplish this goal of mine. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Will Dwarven women be able to have beards?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm curious about the stealth system.
    Let's say there's a player using a stealth skill in front of me, will I be able to spot him if I look carefully at my screen, or do I need a skill to spot him?
    I like this question. 
    And now when on it, what about time ? 
    Is it going to be permanent stealth, 10sec, 1min or ?
    And will AOE skills or other hits take you out of it?
    or do we get anti stealth skills on some classes? 
  • Options
    Raid timers. After an unsuccessful pull, will the entire 40 man raid have to wait 30 min for raid timers to reset, tank abilities etc. to reset before pulling again. Many nights were spent napping at the keyboard waiting for timers. 
This discussion has been closed.