Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - February 9th @ 1 PM PST - Q&A thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Will the keyboard mapping be designed in an ambidextrous manner or include a setting friendly for people who usually use the mouse with their left hand?
  • Options
    Hi guys, I just wanna say great job so far and I'm really excited for the game:D
    My question is how in depth will the artisan classes be? Would I be able to farm anything from onions to sorghum, and then will will I be able to brew the sorghum into traditional African style beer or even, perhaps, into moonshine?
  • Options
    I swear they never look at page 2 and on so why do we even bother lol?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Quick question, will classes be heavily dependent on a set meta or will you break the meta and smash it to pieces? IE, no healers, tanks etc. Just good old fashioned murder..

Edit:

Btw, I know you want to have a tank, heals/DPS meta. To further refine the question, I mean will it be poor button mashing like in WoW or soulsborn based combat? 
  • Options
    Dungeons and raids, what kind of number of boss encounters are you all envisioning on average?

Keep up the amazing work, also, Bacon's Dunir dungeon was BEAUTIFUL /bow that man is a wizard.
  • Options
    Collision system question. We know that there will be player and spell collision. Is there a system of say "hard" collision in combat and "soft" collision out of combat to stop people from blocking doorways and parking mounts on top of npcs and mailboxes to grief?
    Thats an easy fix, have a box trigger if you enter it no collision when you exit it you get collision again. This will stop griefers.

• Options
    Question: Any new details on the crafting system,have you finalized the crafting professions. 
  • Options
    Greetings. I am interested in selecting a class to support the needs or shortage on a given server. Is there a way for you to provide stats to players in virtual real time to help us select a needed class? As example, too many dps (cleric) means its likely you will get less invites to a group versus a shortage of buffers (bard) given class balance. Will you relay this to players that are motivated more as social players and contributors?  Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Usually i say - "Let them build the game however way they want" - but i do have a question about the game's economy.

How do you plan on keeping the game's economy healthy?   Lesser materials used to upkeep a weapons durability?   Being able to transmorph lesser materials into better materials?  Caravans? - I'm sure this has been answered before, but please do Cherry pick the questions.  Something not so 'repeat' <3
  • Options
    What sort of character naming system will you be implementing? 
    Some games use the user name for uniqueness, like a last name, while others actually allow you to set a character's first and last name. Just wondering because I find as a game ages it becomes harder and harder to come up with valid names unless there is in place a first/last name system. 

same ^^
  • Options
    How will armor and character customization will be in the game in terms of Lore-friendly?. Will it be like, for example "Black Desert" or "Lineage II" where you have cosmetic items and armor skins that have nothing to do with the ambientation of the game or will it be more like "Elder Scrolls Online", where armor and character customization fits into the game lore?
  • Options
    When is Alpha 1?
  • Options
    Edalph said:
    How will armor and character customization will be in the game in terms of Lore-friendly?. Will it be like, for example "Black Desert" or "Lineage II" where you have cosmetic items and armor skins that have nothing to do with the ambientation of the game or will it be more like "Elder Scrolls Online", where armor and character customization fits into the game lore?
    They've answered that question several times. All the armor will fit into the aesthetics of the game world appropriately. You won't see people running around in bikinis and maid costumes.
  • Options
    Will there be any kind of guild bonuses for leveling up the guild? Like: Guild reaches lvl 5 because the guild members collected enough xp for the guild, so with lvl 5 the guild can upgrade its guild storage, players gain xp bonuses for some time, or anything else. Will that be possible?
  • Options
    Will Tulnar babies be edible? 
    We eat chicken and pork and other animals. Tulnar are animal mixes so can we eat them?
  • Options
    Will there be an audible or chat notifications when guild members log on or off? some games you really have no idea when guildies/friends log in or out without opening another window.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    are the combat mechanics similar to what we were shown in the previous livestream? if not what changes do you hope to make?

overall what more can you tell us, more than tab-target and action combat hybrid?

• Options

Will there be weapon proficiency? i.e. a lvl. 30 mage decides to use a sword for the first time, but does not know the skills for it. Meanwhile, a lvl. 30 warrior who has always used a sword would be far better at it than the mage.

• Options
    When is the planned start of Alpha 1?
  • Options
    When will Alpha 1 start, and for how long will it be running?
  • Options
    How will it work with the mounts? Can I summon and unsummon my mount whereever I am? Or do I need a stall and always have to walk to that stall again to pick up my mount?
  • Options
    Soluna said:
    How will it work with the mounts? Can I summon and unsummon my mount whereever I am? Or do I need a stall and always have to walk to that stall again to pick up my mount?
    Answered before. Mounts will be in your inventory and will be summoned from there. No stall mechanic. If you want to carry 10 different mounts in your bag, that will be your choice.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great question's, this thread is now closed see you all next stream!
This discussion has been closed.