Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bard & Summoner

Finally some Dev insight have been revealed for Bard & Summoner
 https://youtu.be/fZMweYfErWI?t=23m37s

Bard 
  • Problem: Bard should be a force to be reckoned with - why does Bard have to be limited by Buffs? It really sounds (kinda) boring. I understand that teamplay is 1st Priority in the design of ALL Archetypes - and that's awesome to know that. But what if the Bard gets " molly-whop ganged " by PKers ? Because it seems like the Bard will be defenseless; the Bard is described as being entirely reliant and/or dependent on having another Ally ( in his/her party ? ). If that's the case ... what exactly can the Bard do by  himself/herself ? Can the Bard buff himself/herself too* ? Even so, Its odd thats its solely based on Buffs
  • Suggested Solution: Along with the essentials of Musical Instruments and  Hyms ... I also think the Bard should be able to cast Curses and illusions/ Hallucinations.  How about the Bard having a Counteractive & Manipulative playstyle ? It sure would reinforce the idea.  Can't the Bard be designed to be kinda self-sufficient in anyway
  • Lols, maybe i'm describing a potential " Bard/ Rouge " ? And not a Bard ? Idk xD
Summoner
  • Problem: Honestly, this one is not that bad - has a nice start to its description so far. But because we haven't* seen any gameplay of the Summoner, I'm lead to believe that Summoner will be like the Pet-Style Combat ( similar to BDO ) ... and that troubles me. Firstly, i think Summoned-Creatures/ Entities should be diverse - Summons of all kinds of Species, reflecting from all kinds of Folk-lore, from all shapes,sizes and forms 

• ... and yes ... that does included Humanoid-Summons too. 
  • Suggested Solution: Made a thread about it awhile back. https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33995/how-do-you-imagine-the-summoner/p1 ... But because I'm overall neutral about the Summoner and it's description ... it might lead to something good - maybe the premise of the Summoner is just misleading i suppose, idk xD

Comments

• Options
    Based on the Video-link:
    • How do you envision the Bard ? ( i.e. playstyle, pacing, etc .. what do you want its Playstyle to feel like ?  )
    • How do you feel about the Summoner ?

• Options
    Bards:  I believe bards were described as being more than just passive, back-line "buff bots".  It's been stated that bards buff abilities will be intrinsically linked to their combat performance. 

I like the idea of curses, illusions, and the rest, to add to playstyle.  I imagine those could probably be introduced as class augmentations, dependent on choice of secondary class.  I, quite interested in how the Bard will actually play.

Summoners:  The plans for summons are that will have varying aesthetics, dependent on choice of race, religion, sub class, and more.  So, my hopes are that the choice to customize your summons is robust. 

Hoping that the summoner strikes a good balance between the casters involvement in combat, along with their summons.   Also, hoping for separate commands for summons, to have more control over summons, instead of some kind of auto attack/A.I. function.
  • Options
    Cool pics, btw.  ;)
  • Options
    Hoping that the summoner strikes a good balance between the casters involvement in combat, along with their summons.   Also, hoping for separate commands for summons, to have more control over summons, instead of some kind of auto attack/A.I. function.
    that's a start   o:) 
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    bump
    Let the dead rest
  • Options
    @nagash
    >~< i like Intrepid's Idea with the Bard, just maybe adding something a little extra ?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    In the recent livestream, Steven has equated the Summoner's summoned creature to be 'an extension of the player, where the player plays Through the summomed creature, so it sounds a lot more indepth than like any other MMO's pet.
  • Options
    @ashlynmae
    oh i really hope so  o:)o:)o:)o:)