Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream - July 9th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A thread

Comments

• I'm curious that after the recent deadline for buying alpha 1 access is past,  is that also a deadline for upgrading Kickstarter Packages?  Will we be able to upgrade Kickstarter Packages still,  say from Leader of Men to Avatar of the Phoenix etc.  or will we be unable to? 
  • Master said:
    I'm curious that after the recent deadline for buying alpha 1 access is past,  is that also a deadline for upgrading Kickstarter Packages?  Will we be able to upgrade Kickstarter Packages still,  say from Leader of Men to Avatar of the Phoenix etc.  or will we be unable to? 

This too is a major question for me because I need to know if I need to quickly scrape more money up to upgrade. Since if it is around after July I can basically get it next Month.

• How different will each class be? For example will I be able to tell the difference between a spellmancer and a conjurer even though the base class for them both is a summoner, or are the differences invisible like different status effects but same moves.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Is there any update on the subject of EU publishing? It remains a big deal for the EU playerbase as it’s uncertain who  we will have to deal with. Seeing as the list of current popular publishers makes many of us sick to our stomach
  • Hey guys, gratz on the work so far!

Do you guys know what you will do with the character naming?
    Will we have a sir name and what are the character limits?

I really hope we won't see "L0L^mAN00B666"
    edited July 2018
    1.Can we finally have an idea of how big World (Verra) is going to be? How many total nodes will Verra have and is every node going to be of equal size?

• Is there an update on the custom netcode to work with UE4 so we can see a large amount of players on-screen?
    edited July 2018
    Can you tell us anymore about the kinds of things we will get from racial progression and give an example of what a racial augment might look like?

edited July 2018
    Can we expect some classes to be more PvP/PvE oriented? Or are you going to try and balance them "all around" to be (somewhat) equally good in both? 
    e.g.: Mages with huge aoe/cc abilities are usually superb in PvP. Can we expect them to have less single target damage (bosses)?
    edited July 2018
    After Alpha 0 is over will the weekly drawings switch to Alpha 1 keys? Then Alpha 2,  Beta 1, Beta 2 etc...? After the game is live will the weekly drawings continue? 
  • Is there a defined cap on buildings we can place in our freeholds, or are we only limited by the freehold lot space? For example, would we be able to only have a house and a forge, or could we have a house, forge, inn and shop?
  • I am more curious about the story...most MMO's I have played have their ways of interweaving a players story with the rest of the world around it. Some games focus solely on the individual and do not address the other PC's in the world making it seem as if you are the only hero, i.e Vestige from ESO. While others tend to just group all the PC's together and essentially say it's their story as well such as Warriors of Light.  

What is the plan on how the story will be delivered to include how my world will interact with another PC's world. 
  • Will there be a separate character creator for people to download and play with before release? (I thought in a previous stream this was mentioned), and if so, at what level of development do you believe it would be made available? ie, after Alpha 1 but before alpha 2? or After alpha 2? and concerning a character creator would saves from them be able to be transferred to the main game upon release?
  • When the players do somthing that triggers a special event... maybe a dragon woke up.. is the dragon just killable in a raidgrp? Or count every single player, to beat him? How will the loot splitet? Just in the raidgrp (with a max number of 20? 40? 60? Player) or to all people witch fight the dragon?
    edited July 2018
    This question is mainly from a roleplay standpoint.  How do you plan to handle the "primary" story quests?  Will all players be adventurers/heroes [EQ, EQ2, etc] or will it be more along the lines of a 'single player' story, with a special character [SWTOR, FFXIV].  Using FFXIV as an example, the Main Story Quests revolves around the Warrior of Light which there is only one of.  It gives the roleplay community a hard time when people assume all of their characters are the Warrior of Light and have all of that power, where lore wise, there is only one of that person, and everyone else is "normal".

Thanks!
  • I'm wondering about religions and their effects on skills, will there be little known religions that you need to find to join, will you be able to create a religion worshiping a made up God and if that religion gets big enough will that also effect skills?
  • Will there be any form of locks to raidinstances so once you have started a raidinstanced you are locked to that instance id?

• Will achievements be locked by character, account, or a mix of both?
  • Will there be a decent dap-emote available in-game? 
    If no, please consider this to increase the dankness of AoC.
  • Hi, I'm Kolbstein from the brazilian community and I would like to know if you have plans to launch a server for South America?
  • Will there be a mechanic for raid boss farming lockouts for either session resets, or spam attempts on a kill.

Wow and many others have an ID lockout system. Wow also had a debuff system that prevented spam attempts at raid bosses. Will any of these be featured? 
  • When creating our character(s), can we choose on which handed we are?
    E.g since I'm left handed, can I wield sword in my left hand and can I do all the gestures/motions on the left side?
    And would it be some kind of tick box in the character creation screen?
    Thanks
  • Will there be more contests like the Halloween one? 
  • I have a question about tanking.  How dependent are we going to be on having a Tank primary class for damage soaking?  Will a X/Tank (such as warrior/tank mage/tank) be viable for main tanking and/or off tanking group and raid content?  Or will they be limited to control and disruption?

As a bonus question:   Who is the best PVPer at Intrepid?
  • Hi. 

The most most commented and visited topics on AOC forums are about open world pvp. Some people are worried that u punish vilians so much open world pvp will be almost non existant and bounty hutners jobless. 

Question:
    Do U think fighting over best hunting grounds and rare matrerials mines will be a thing in AOC,  If yes how will U encourage people to make using flagging system wort it?
  • Good afternoon,creators,I have understund that players will creat cities,so it will be some goverment(players) that will rule,develop...etc.Here is a quastion,How can players rule,govern?If everybody know the HISTORY,human which live in society without LaW,become the monster,murder...
  • With gathering and crafting I assume there will be mechanisms in place where some things can only be gathered/found in wild (un developed) nodes. 

Will there be some method to keep these wild nodes, wild?  Such as quests for rangers and druids and similar to assist the wildlife, instead of civilization.

A freeholder in the middle of a dozen wild nodes they gather in, could be easily forced out of areas, and constantly having to move shop, without some way to maintain the wild state.  That constant moving could be a way for groups or people to grief those living in the wilds for gathering reasons.

• Szejm said:
    Hi. 

The most most commented and visited topics on AOC forums are about open world pvp. Some people are worried that u punish vilians so much open world pvp will be almost non existant and bounty hutners jobless. 

Question:
    Do U think fighting over best hunting grounds and rare matrerials mines will be a thing in AOC,  If yes how will U encourage people to make using flagging system wort it?
    good question.  will quest be the only way to work off corruption?  or could one just work it off by xping or killing mobs with in the world?  and since it was said there were quest to work off corruption, does that mean corrupted players can walk into towns and interact with npcs?  no guard attacks?
  • What is your idea of the perfect mmo and how do you feel that impacts the creation process of the game as a whole?
  • In BDO roleplayers and PVE'ers were promised we could just stay with pve and be viable for end game content. They dropped that promise completely. In your game will the option to ONLY pve be available? What ways are you looking to make sure your pvers aren't overshadowed by it's louder pvp community?
This discussion has been closed.