Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream - August 17th @ 2 PM PST - Q&A thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    So from what I've read on the "unsolicited" PvP in this game there is a penalty much like BDO or this or that MMO that is out there now. Are the penalties really going to be that bad? If I go smack down a couple of lvl 2 characters with a max character the hands of god should smack me down and burn me to a crisp... However, if I beat down a couple of people who are equal level to me, I don't think I should be penalized that much..... unless they were AFK fishing. Then I should have the option to use them for bait =)

Any idea if we are going to see the combat action in the live stream?
  • Options
    will nodes parts 3 and 4 come before release?
  • Options
    I couldnt manage to get in my to watch the live feed.
    Anyone knows when will it pop on youtube?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I couldnt manage to get in my to watch the live feed.
    Anyone knows when will it pop on youtube?
    It hasn't started yet. At the time of this writing it still has 20 minutes before starting. The Twitch notification you may have gotten was from a misfire two days ago where someone on their end took the account live for a few seconds and it pinged everyone.
  • Options
    Steven, you've mentioned that the Lore of Ashes of Creation is "DEEPand that you want players to discover the stories and histories of Verra while PLAYING the game...

...However, can you tell us at least if there will be lore written to document our time on Sanctus?

For example: Were the gods of Vera worshiped after our exodus, and IF SO, were they even acknowledged as the same deities we will be able to worship, after stepping back through the portals? Were the Empryean and Kaelar empires at War? In essence, what *kind* of life would our characters have grown up having on Sanctus, before deciding to depart from that world to reclaim the ruins of their homeland???
  • Options
    If nodes are leveled up by player's experience gain, how do max-level players contribute to a node's expansion?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    We <3 you Steven!
  • Options

You told already, that localization will depend on community and how players are interested in Ashes. In addition, you have told that you are against game modification. But what do you think about fan translations of the game? We for example could find some people who could translate the game for others – will you allow such kind of “mods” and maybe you’ll create some tools for this?

• Options
    Can you give details about fishing and or treasure hunting?

• Options
    Love the content released so far keep up the amazing work.
    Will there be mounted combat?
  • Options
    Server Locations ?
  • Options
    What editing tools and features do you intend to make available as part of the player housing system, specifically, do you intend to allow 3-way rotation and size scaling of décor items, and will item collision be removed during the “editing” process (thus allowing one décor item to be sunk into a second décor item to create something new)?

• Options
    Can you show us more about another 4 classes. Or show us all the classes please
  • Options
    How is guild control of a node / town / village determined?

On a side note, in an economic metropolis oligarchy, could a rich player, not part of the controlling guild, buy into the council?
  • Options
    Aeder said:
    How is guild control of a node / town / village determined?

On a side note, in an economic metropolis oligarchy, could a rich player, not part of the controlling guild, buy into the council?
    Guilds do not control nodes. For an economic node, the election is done by highest bid wins. Guild leaders at last info are restricted from becoming mayors. Does not mean that a guild could promote their people in a Scientific node if their members have the most citizens who can vote. Guilds control pvp castles, nodes have other ways of determining elections based on type of node, and they plan mechanics to limit mega-guilds from having a destabilizing influence.

• Options
    How do you guys make sure mass scale sieges are playable FPSwise aswell as serverside?
This discussion has been closed.