Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Macros

Introduction
You don't need to read the below.

I had two games with a player who uses voice chat.
One with him, and the other against him.

I tried to use Mouse Click 3 to ping him my intent to retreat & reset, but he overcommitted to constantly fighting so did I.
Because of our lack of communication, we died. To be accurate, the fact that he was speaking to me, made it worse.
######
In another duo game, I spent ~99% of the game AFK hiding alone because I was busy IRL, with below average gear set.
The person who I partied with before, survived with his teammate until the last circle, but they were both low.
I effortlessly 1 v 2 them both solo and won the game.
######
What did the 1-sided communication in the first game do?
Only made it worse, by causing confusion and putting unnecessary pressure that affected my play style negatively.

A two-sided communication, of course, is way better! It was initially my fault for not speaking.
and if the two duo are friends, it's even better.

Should we do something to balance between silent vs vocal teams?
My answer, definitely yes. Otherwise, why bother play an unfair duo & squad? :)

Suggestion:
Either give Mouse Click 3 a loud sound for the teammate to hear(not preferred)
OR

Allow players to set Quick Message Commands(macros) that pop up on top of the character's head with(out) voice coming out from the characters. Similar to the following:

445px-Game_Settings_Macros.jpg?version=c1b801cbf08a5fb9f0e7504a8c7c621f

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is that not just a normal command?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    For the BR? Possibly, better than 0 communication. - I edited the clarification post.

maybe they could add a selection wheel with commands as you said that may work
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace