Pre-Order Package Question

I couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere to here goes -- !!

I'm obsessed with in-game cosmetics, but am also very particular about which cosmetics I hoard and wear. This got me thinking specifically about pre-order packages ...

My question is how long will the cosmetic pre-order packages last for (until game launch or just until alpha/beta testing)? I'm afraid that if cosmetic sets are being released into alpha stages (and I don't own an alpha package) that I'll miss something that I really like. Unless, alpha pre-order packages would still be available during the time of alpha stages? I'm just afraid of missing out on something haha I hope this made sense D:

/screams into the void

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    edited January 29
    The cosmetics on sale monthly are one and done. Once you own a package you can buy following months cosmetics a la carte (separately) at the level of your packages buy in. For example, if you have the $75 package, you can buy usually the trinket and the other smaller item featured in that pack. If you have the $375 package, highest currently on offer, you can buy any of the cosmetics in the following months. They have never announced when those packages and tiers of cosmetics would no longer be on offer, only that "you will be given plenty of notice." You do NOT get all cosmetics offered in the following months at your package level for free.

<Speculation> As the A1 testing begins and farther down the line you will most likely see adjustments to those packages. No point in offering A1 testing packages if they have started A2. What is not known is if those tiers of packages will just go away, or will be adjusted to offer other benefits such as increased sub time or embers, or a reduction in price.<Speculation ends>

And as always, you don't have to buy a package to play the game on release. The cosmetics offered before release are a reward of faith. Intrepid has promised in game parity with cosmetics to be earned in game, but those offered at this time will not appear in those exact models or shades again. Sure, you may have a blue bear, but if an off-pink bear was offered with a particular barding during this period, you will not see it in game as a skin.
    8e48c9f59f8bca41fc4ad98b8f3645ab.png
    faith.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • GuildhartGuildhart Member
    edited January 29
    ^The above comment answered in more detail.

jan-3-2020-noname.png
  • They have never announced when those packages and tiers of cosmetics would no longer be on offer, only that "you will be given plenty of notice."

@unknownsystemerror ty for your response! I am familiar with everything you have stated above. Your quoted statement is what I was hoping to possibly find an answer to in particular. I like pre-planning expenses to avoid the sudden drop of a couple hundred $$. You never know! It never hurts to ask just in case Intrepid knew more of what they wanted to plan for in the future regarding pre-package cosmetics. If nothing has changed, and Intrepid doesn't respond to this with any more detail, then no worries. Just posted on the off chance that the answer existed :smile: If/when these monthly cosmetic pre-packages go away I'll just look forward to that "plenty of notice" and get my finances together then.

/screams into the void
  • xHISAOx wrote: »
    They have never announced when those packages and tiers of cosmetics would no longer be on offer, only that "you will be given plenty of notice."

@unknownsystemerror ty for your response! I am familiar with everything you have stated above. Your quoted statement is what I was hoping to possibly find an answer to in particular. I like pre-planning expenses to avoid the sudden drop of a couple hundred $$. You never know! It never hurts to ask just in case Intrepid knew more of what they wanted to plan for in the future regarding pre-package cosmetics. If nothing has changed, and Intrepid doesn't respond to this with any more detail, then no worries. Just posted on the off chance that the answer existed :smile:If/when these monthly cosmetic pre-packages go away I'll just look forward to that "plenty of notice" and get my finances together then.

The monetization of Ashes of Creation is based around a monthly subscription and an optional cosmetic cash shop.

There will continue to be cash shop items post launch, however, Steven has told us that we will never seen P2W items, cosmetic only.
    27eAoL8.png
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • @Jahlon I'm specifically referring to packages going into alpha/beta stages only and if (for example) I don't have an alpha package (but alpha comes out) and like a cosmetic in there - if alpha packages would still be available (even when alpha is out) if I could upgrade my package and get those alpha package cosmetics or if cosmetic packages for that month would still have the option to purchase/upgrade and just not include the alpha access (since it would already be out). It's kind of a tongue twister but thought I'd try my luck just in case something had changed (which it looks like it's still the same info as before - won't know till we get closer).

/screams into the void
  • xHISAOx wrote: »
    @Jahlon I'm specifically referring to packages going into alpha/beta stages only and if (for example) I don't have an alpha package (but alpha comes out) and like a cosmetic in there - if alpha packages would still be available (even when alpha is out) if I could upgrade my package and get those alpha package cosmetics or if cosmetic packages for that month would still have the option to purchase/upgrade and just not include the alpha access (since it would already be out). It's kind of a tongue twister but thought I'd try my luck just in case something had changed (which it looks like it's still the same info as before - won't know till we get closer).

Alpha 1 is no longer available except if you have a KS/SB package that can be upgraded to getting into Alpha.

We do not know when they will cut off upgrades for Alpha 2 and so on.
    27eAoL8.png
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Moderator, Staff
    edited March 4
    The information that Unknown shared earlier in this thread is still the most up-to-date - we'd give you advance notice before those monthly packages went away! In addition, to Jahlon's point the packages available now include Alpha 2 as their earliest test phase, so you've still got some time on that front :)

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer!
    3ztrsitvhj3s.gif
This discussion has been closed.