Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please review mobility features and implement prone and crouch nameplate reduced visibility

SneakzSneakz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Hi friends,

I have been playing new world and I am sure we will be getting many ideas from the game which is great! Nothing like having a MMO come out that gives us ideas for the real fire, ashes!

In new world when you are prone and or crouch your nameplate visibility becomes reduced to enemy eyes, according to Ashes wiki not even prone or a crouch is planned to be implemented in the game, HUGE mistake.

For a game that is so reliant on PVP and immersion, I think ashes should copy this idea from new world, by being prone you reduce the visibility of your nameplate and the same goes with crouch just on a smaller scale.

It just makes sense, does it not?

How else do you stalk your prey? it's no fun if they can just see you from 50m away because such features in a new mmo are not implemented. It just takes away that feeling of hunting and being hunted by knowing and seeing your enemy and being able to run away early.

Comments

• Options
    MerekMerek Member
    This was an incredibly underrated feature in BDO. The stealth possibilities would be interesting too considering this game has more of a focus on sandbox PVP.
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    edited July 2021
    Honestly after watching this clip of a well executed ambush by a prone force that wiped out an entire passing force in 5 seconds in New World I completely agree with you.
  • Options
    Dreoh wrote: »
    Honestly after watching this clip of a well executed ambush by a prone force that wiped out an entire passing force in 5 seconds in New World I completely agree with you.

How fkn cool is this! This is what pvp is all about i love it hence why i think aoc needs these features
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Feels like APOC had Prone. Maybe I'm just remembering crawling around with 1 HP.
    Definitely had Crouch.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree, i saw the video and I believe this should be an option. Crouch and prone. Would be awesome for guild war ambushes. Fuck... I will need a lot of keybinds for this game haha
  • Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    I agree, i saw the video and I believe this should be an option. Crouch and prone. Would be awesome for guild war ambushes. Fuck... I will need a lot of keybinds for this game haha

Haha yes! Im gonna need 2 keyboards and a controller :smiley:
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Feels like APOC had Prone. Maybe I'm just remembering crawling around with 1 HP.
    Definitely had Crouch.

Good to know but did it decrease the visibility of your name plate? It needs the extra features otherwise meh. Ppl are still going to see your name plate in the bushes
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I haven't seen much about new world but I agree with you completely. If our nameplates are here to stay (which I think they should stay so we know who other players are as we travel), an amazing feature would be to remove the nameplate when in "stealth" mode. Maybe not prone completely but crouched stealth would be great.

This allows for an even more vibrant map to explore with large vegetation giving cover.

This would also promote more unique questing opportunities to find hiding enemies or to possibly be sent on a stealth mission and avoid detection.

There is some good opportunity here. Also, it's 2021, nobody cares if an idea is stolen. Just rip it from their hands right in front of them.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    I haven't seen much about new world but I agree with you completely. If our nameplates are here to stay (which I think they should stay so we know who other players are as we travel), an amazing feature would be to remove the nameplate when in "stealth" mode. Maybe not prone completely but crouched stealth would be great.

This allows for an even more vibrant map to explore with large vegetation giving cover.

This would also promote more unique questing opportunities to find hiding enemies or to possibly be sent on a stealth mission and avoid detection.

There is some good opportunity here. Also, it's 2021, nobody cares if an idea is stolen. Just rip it from their hands right in front of them.

100000% agree with everything you said and its why I'm going to be very vocal about getting it implemented haha
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sneakz wrote: »
    Did it decrease the visibility of your name plate? It needs the extra features otherwise meh. Ppl are still going to see your name plate in the bushes
    LMAO
    I went back to double-check some old vids.
    Looks like we could not see our own nameplates. :D