Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Some Questions & Hopes

1. What is planned to shut down those stupid goldselling websites / bots?

2. Will dungeons have cooldowns or can u farm them over and over?

3. Will there be a ranking for Pvp / Pve, so u can see the Servers best players on each class straight?

4. I read something about Server events similar to castle sieges so will they be at fixed times or start once enough players registered?

5. Does the referal system use cookies so if i send the link to someone and he reads the game , closes the tab and googles the game and then registers i still get my referal?

6. Will there be different Gear for PVP and PVE ?
--> I really dont like this at all, i prefer really hard to get gear that u can use for both.

7. Will gear be soulbounded?
--> I think selling items and trying to get good deals or reselling is a lot of fun and soulbound always runes this economic aspect.

8. Will u plan on getting this game a pvp system which can be streamed, maybe season based and have tournaments etc for esports?

9. Will alpha keys be sold or can u just get them by winning the raffle? The mount u win at the raffle is it exclusive or can u get it by another way later on?

Hope you guys can answer my questions, if something was already asked and answered my bad i just didnt find it

Comments

• You win a mount by receiving an Alpha key?
  • nope i think its 3 alpha keys and 1 beta key+ mount
  • 1. What is planned to shut down those stupid goldselling websites / bots?
    <strong><em>Not sure if anything has been said on the subject, however there will be GM's to monitor and ban for such activity (I know, it's not exactly an ideal response)</strong></em>

2. Will dungeons have cooldowns or can u farm them over and over?
    <strong><em>Most "dungeons" will be open world, there will be only a few instanced ones. Currently unsure how monster respawns are going to be handled.</strong></em>

3. Will there be a ranking for Pvp / Pve, so u can see the Servers best players on each class straight?
    <strong><em>Again, not sure.</strong></em>

4. I read something about Server events similar to castle sieges so will they be at fixed times or start once enough players registered?
    <strong><em>While players will be able to lay siege to cities, I don't know if there will be preset ones put in place. The world we will be exploring doesn't have set factions so players will have the freedom to create their own alliances and plan sieges how and when they see fit. The defending position will have a greater advantage than the attacking force so it may be a while before alliances can muster a force capable of taking a city.</strong></em>

5. Does the referal system use cookies so if i send the link to someone and he reads the game , closes the tab and googles the game and then registers i still get my referal?
    <strong><em>I believe there is a 24 hour cookie for referrals.</strong></em>

6. Will there be different Gear for PVP and PVE ?
    –> I really dont like this at all, i prefer really hard to get gear that u can use for both.
    <strong><em>Like you, I am not a fan of specific gear for PvP and other for PvE as it leaves PvE players exposed to PvP players, however I do recall Steven saying there would be, or at least they were contemplating the idea.</strong></em>

7. Will gear be soulbounded?
    –> I think selling items and trying to get good deals or reselling is a lot of fun and soulbound always runes this economic aspect.
    <strong><em>Player driven economy will be a big thing in Ashes so although I haven't heard anything on the subject I am going to assume gear will not be locked to accounts.</strong></em>

8. Will u plan on getting this game a pvp system which can be streamed, maybe season based and have tournaments etc for esports?
    <strong><em>PvP esports rarely works in MMORPG's, though if they created Colosseums for PvP tournaments then who knows down the line.</strong></em>

9. Will alpha keys be sold or can u just get them by winning the raffle? The mount u win at the raffle is it exclusive or can u get it by another way later on?
    <strong><em>Alpha keys may be available through a kickstarter tier, no confirmation though yet. As for the mount, I heard it would also be obtainable via ingame methods.</strong></em>

Hope that helps a bit. I'm sure some of the other members could help out with some of the info I wasn't able to provide :)