Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

RELIGIOUS Social Organization Info Please

Steven mentioned months ago on Twitch that there would be a RELIGIOUS Social Organization within each city and that as a Cleric you would advance up the Hierarchy until your the Head of the religion I'm hoping. Maybe even get access to some QUEST SPELLS. But I just really want to know more about it since nothing has been said about it since then 

Comments

• They are trying to keep the lore as secret as possible.
    Not sure if they have really laid out this type of progression yet, but I am curious too.
  • Do you have a clip of him mentioning it? I'm a bit curious now.
  • The question is who creates this Religion and God? Is there religion X, religion Y and religion Z, and node randomly selects one of three? Or it'll be a liberal society where any cleric can believe what they want. or each religion nodes gonna be a hardcore religious node not letting anyone believing from different religon? Or people convert to other religion depending on transfering to another node? Will science node hate religion?
  • At the PAX conference it was mentioned that the different religious groups would help to separate players into groups and create tensions that could involve battles or quests. Religion was listed among other things as a way to create "factions" or groups in the otherwise non-faction mmo.
  • This is something I would also like to know as our guild is a religious so the more info the better. 
  • Hi,

It sounds like there will be 2 distinct but perhaps interrelated mechanics. First is the 6 (or so) religions to the 10 gods. These religions can be prosetylized and grow regardless of node type.

Second is divine nodes. Through devotion, you climb a player ladder. That devotion could be tied into spreading religion, other acts of service, or just a quest grind. I don't believe it's totally clear atm. 

Hope that helps. 

- tug
  • tugowar said:
    Hi,

It sounds like there will be 2 distinct but perhaps interrelated mechanics. First is the 6 (or so) religions to the 10 gods. These religions can be prosetylized and grow regardless of node type.

Second is divine nodes. Through devotion, you climb a player ladder. That devotion could be tied into spreading religion, other acts of service, or just a quest grind. I don't believe it's totally clear atm. 

Hope that helps. 

- tug
    as always tug thanks 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Is cats can be a relijun?

Get off the keyboard Mr. Furryfeet! Sorry, that was my cat.
    Will there be religious artifacts that grant extra power when attacking cities that we need to acquire/steal/fight over/destroy? 
  • Karthos said:
    bend the knee or die standing 
  • I for one am looking forward to worshiping the Death God.
  • Rhivan said:
    I for one am looking forward to worshiping the Death God.
    see another one joins my flock 
  • Not today.
  • you're just jealous you don't have a religion after yourself 
  • Post has been moved to Systems and Mechanics.
    Thanks,
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    but I'm interested in, for example, the dark gods
    take and worship and do quests for the dark gods
  • DarthBaal said:
    but I'm interested in, for example, the dark gods
    take and worship and do quests for the dark gods
    why join the dark gods when you can join the undead legion 
  • Dark gods that reduce penalties for being red if your favored by them? My little orcish heart hopes so.  >:)
  • tugowar said:
    Hi,

Hope that helps. 

- tug
    I hadn't heard anything about the gods before.

How will there be only 6 religions if there are 10 gods? Are 4 of them super-introvert gods that don't want followers?
  • or they could be super friendly gods that share a religion. iirc they mentioned the gods in an old stream q&a. they haven't really shared much more about the religion system yet.
  • Not enough lore to know whether all of the gods survived whatever catastrophe forced our ancestors to leave Verra or if some are dormant now, etc.

I don't think each city has a religious social organization.
    That depends on what other social organization(s) the citizens of a node have voted to add. Some opportunities and services get shut out depending on player choices.