Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What Race are you going to play?

Which race are you going to play?

Comments

• Unsure/ All ?  :D
  • ooo, what's tulnar?
  • The subterranean bestial race = Tulnar.  The only "native" race, aka, the only ones that survived the cataclysm.
  • Eragale said:
    Unsure/ All ?  :D

I myself am an alt-oholic.
  • DueyBear said:
    The subterranean bestial race = Tulnar.  The only "native" race, aka, the only ones that survived the cataclysm.
    Please lets not spread falseness.

From the official site:

Standing for “the forgotten”, this new race will be in the game from day one. Tulnar consists of multiple races that once existed in the world. These races were left behind as the Tulnar moved to the Underrealm to save their people from the threats of world.

So they are not a "bestial" race, they are a conglomeration of all the races that didn't leave and managed to survive the cataclysm. All separate races that have banded together under a common name, kind of like Americans B)
  • Elf. Specifically of the Empyrean variety. Though my sister wants to play a Py'rai, and my roommate wants to play a Tulnar. :)
  • DueyBear said:
    Eragale said:
    I myself am an alt-oholic.
    Luls. Whenever i make my first Character in an MMO ... I tend to put lots of time into it.
    • I spend about 2 - 4 by the Name alone
    • And maybe 3 - 5 on the Appearance
    More importantly, the Archetype/ Race/ Appearance/ Name etc ... - all of it reflects me in who i am. Which is why i'm going to think carefully on the Race.  ;)

( I do not like Alt-ing btw  :p )
  • Plan on playing dwarf ! Depending on the lore and how they look and move ! Im excited to see their iteration as they are my favorite race in most lore.
  • Well someone had to vote orc, leaning towards them but probably gonna wait to see some racial skills/stats.
  • Elf ? because  Ranger / Summoner ? :)
  • Most likely going Dwarf and then the Niküa people. Their base lore fits me best. Hoping for appropriate race augments to combine with my Tank :)
  • Tulnar Bard/Summoner. . . i wanna see how crazy things can get ;P
  • Homosapien
  • Eragale said:

Glad I aint alone :D
  • DueyBear said:
    The subterranean bestial race = Tulnar.  The only "native" race, aka, the only ones that survived the cataclysm.
    All the races are native, it's just the Tulnar went underground to survive. The rest were taken to safe havens by their patron gods so don't be all "native privilege" on us or something. =p
  • Dwarf :3 I can't wait to see more concept art :3
  • Starting a petition to build a wall to keep the Tulnar undergound, where they belong.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Camnesia said:
    Starting a petition to build a wall to keep the Tulnar undergound, where they belong.
    You going to make us pay for it too ork skum? 

You can't hold us down, we will rise!
  • DueyBear said:
    Please lets not spread falseness.

From the official site:

Standing for “the forgotten”, this new race will be in the game from day one. Tulnar consists of multiple races that once existed in the world. These races were left behind as the Tulnar moved to the Underrealm to save their people from the threats of world.

So they are not a "bestial" race, they are a conglomeration of all the races that didn't leave and managed to survive the cataclysm. All separate races that have banded together under a common name, kind of like Americans B)
    I did not state anything false.
    Intrepid refers to them as a race (singular) because game mechanically they are a single race.  They possess bestial (resembling animals) features.  Furthermore, since Intrepid stated you may be able to use sliders between features it implies that these races hybridized (which implies they are compatible genetically).  All of this is subject to change, but nothing I stated was false, albeit nothing you stated was false either, our statements were in no way mutually exclusive. 

• A trend I have seen: more passionate early adopters of MMOs tend to choose non-human races, however once the game launches humans will likely make up 30 to 50% of player characters.  Charr and Asura scored well in polling on the GW2 forums pre-launch, but the current game, human females outnumber all other groups and Charr are only 10% of the player base.  So though Tulnar have a plurality here, I doubt the actual released game will reflect that as there is a difference between forum users and general audience.  But it is interesting to see the forum goer's opinions.
  • master race
  • I will eventually play them all, but I will start with an Elf :)
  • That one race with arms and a face.
  • Human - Cleric main, summoner sub :P
  • All of them.  Definitely All of them....
  • NOT A TRAITOR TO MY OWN RACE

*ends up playing all races. 
  • Human or Elf. Leaning towards human though.
  • once you are dead your dead, so I don't mind what I play as really 
  • Think I'll play as a Demon seeing as the skins pretty much act as a race overhaul. 
  • Since racials have been stated to have more impact than previous MMOs giving more "flavor" benefit, I will make my decision based on what is best for what I am planning for that character, once we actually know what said benefits are going to be. Since there are no factions, and starting areas are going to be fluid, it won't really matter from a starting standpoint, just cosmetic. And like Elder said above, most that are here have several different skins that they can overwrite most of the process with.