Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Architecture

I don't know if this has been discussed a lot. But does anyone know what kind of architecture will emerge from the Nodes? Can a player manipulate this?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Architecture is based off of each Race e.g Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Humans, Tulnar ^^ 
    For a Nodes overall architecture appearance it is decided by the "most influential" race on "total" experience contributed to a Nodes level. Therefore if Elves contribute the most experience for a Nodes development the architecture will be of Elvish nature ^^
    You can choose whatever architecture design you want for your Freehold ^^ Various blueprints will be sold from npcs within Nodes ^^
  • Diura said:
    Architecture is based off of each Race e.g Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Humans, Tulnar ^^ 
    For a Nodes overall architecture appearance it is decided by the "most influential" race on "total" experience contributed to a Nodes level. Therefore if Elves contribute the the most experience for a Nodes development the architecture will be of Elvish nature ^^
    You can choose whatever architecture design you want for your Freehold ^^ Various blueprints will be sold from npcs within Nodes ^^
    What she said
    edited September 2017
    @Diura, so the node could change style every tier if a new race becomes dominate? Does the past XP from levels before also help influence? 

Like:
    Tier 1 - Elves have majority
    Tier 2 - Elves maintain majority
    Tier 3 - Tulnar become majority
    Tier 4 - Elves become majority

Does past XP from tier 1 and 2 help the elves when trying to keep control of tier 3? Or does it reset the new XP at 3 and it's fair game for all?
  • I believe in the above scenario that any new buildings that appear after level 2 would be Tulnar, then when the city pops to level 4 the buildings that were created at level 3 would remain Tulnar, and the new stuff would be Elven. They have not confirmed this yet, it all depends on how individually detailed the city options are. They are hand-crafting each city type (scientific, military, etc) and each level of that city from 1-6 in each racial style, so depends on how fluid the layouts are if they go into that level of detail.
    edited September 2017
    @Diura, so the node could change style every tier if a new race becomes dominate? Does the past XP from levels before also help influence? 

Like:
    Tier 1 - Elves have majority
    Tier 2 - Elves maintain majority
    Tier 3 - Tulnar become majority
    Tier 4 - Elves become majority

Does past XP from tier 1 and 2 help the elves when trying to keep control of tier 3? Or does it reset the new XP at 3 and it's fair game for all?
    If I'm honest I can't 100% confirm because it was answered vaguely in my opinion. It was answered in the 19th of May stream.

[33:00] When nodes level up, who decides building locations?

1. When nodes developed they will have a base style template
      1. Based on race
      2. Type of node
    We know for certain it works for the first stage and the stream indicated that the architecture will change at each Stage @Stormilator

I like @UnknownSystemError 's suggestion of each Node stage /new buildings adopting the "current" racial influence :) Somewhat more realistic and adds a little flavour to the architecture ^^ but of course it's all just guess work atm :3
  • Yeah, it would be a little strange for my elven village hut to change into a tulnar themed house and then turn into an elven manor at each stage. Hopefully it won't be static from node level 1 (don't think thats the intention).