Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What are the Human powers?

So certain races will enhance different powers, Orc - strength, Elf - Accuracy,  Dwarf - Mining Speed etc... I'm assuming.
What perks will being Human provide? Discuss. 

Here are my guesses.
Being better at the Stock Market
Paying lower, or no taxes.
Being better/worse at politics.

Comments

• chest hair? 

Probably the taxes or politics one, but I'll still vote for chest hair.
  • I guess human might be allrounders, not focused on a specific stat, but decent in all of them.
    Wouldn't be the first time, other games did the same. Orcs are usually brutes with extra damage, elves have higher accuracy/dexterity, dwarves usually get a crafting/construction speed bonus while humans have their stats evened out and the player might be able to choose a focus manually during character creation.
  • Eh, I think the different sub-races for each race will havd different specialities. What they are, I wouldn't want to guess until I know more about each one.
  • FliP said:
    I guess human might be allrounders, not focused on a specific stat, but decent in all of them.
    If Tulnar are allarounders too then a Human/Tulnar would be an allarounder allarounder. So like a sphere. 
  • The ability to annoy every other race in the game
  • Science = Dwarves
    Religion = Orcs
    Economy = Humans
    Military = Elves

Think this isnt too far off the mark.
  • Personally I am really tired of generic human "special powers" across all MMOs. It's always politics or something all around.

This is not Earth. And humans in Ashes aren't Earth humans. So I don't see why "humans" in Ashes wouldn't have some real special powers, different then boring all around things like in other MMOs.

Ashes should be different. And this is one thing where it can be different.
  • We know that the world in AoC will be called Verra in the common tongue. There is no indication that the world will not be planet Earth.

Humans are inhabitants of the planet earth, there are so far no other known humanoids in the universe. We didn't find any inteligent lifeforms in the universe, eventually their remains and satelites, but even if we did, we wouldn't call them "humans". It like calling dogs, cat and similar animals "fourfootwalkers". Every race has their own name and there can only be one human race, divided into multiple human sub-races.

Conspiracy theory incoming: the AoC world is called Verra, similar to Terra, the latin (I think?) word for earth. Verra = Planet Earth?
  • I can only tell you that they will be very humanic.
  • Science = Dwarves
    Religion = Orcs
    Economy = Humans
    Military = Elves

You really think Religion would be Orcs? An interesting concept IMO. Would like to see what kind of Gods orcs would worship
  • Be interesting to see what the give the humans but I believe they have some options and to pull away from the norm. As mentioned above, Orcs and religion would really be unique and something that would catch people by surprise. I really hope it just deviates away from the norm like we are getting promised!
  • seronic said:
    Science = Dwarves
    Religion = Orcs
    Economy = Humans
    Military = Elves

You really think Religion would be Orcs? An interesting concept IMO. Would like to see what kind of Gods orcs would worship
    I would assume God's of War, that sounds quite Orcish.
  • Vortigern said:
    seronic said:
    Science = Dwarves
    Religion = Orcs
    Economy = Humans
    Military = Elves

I would assume God's of War, that sounds quite Orcish.
    gork and mork or was it mork and gork ^^
  • FliP said:
    We know that the world in AoC will be called Verra in the common tongue. There is no indication that the world will not be planet Earth.

Humans are inhabitants of the planet earth, there are so far no other known humanoids in the universe. We didn't find any inteligent lifeforms in the universe, eventually their remains and satelites, but even if we did, we wouldn't call them "humans". It like calling dogs, cat and similar animals "fourfootwalkers". Every race has their own name and there can only be one human race, divided into multiple human sub-races.

Conspiracy theory incoming: the AoC world is called Verra, similar to Terra, the latin (I think?) word for earth. Verra = Planet Earth?
    Fantasy world man, "fantasy is key word".

If you want realism go play.. I don't even know what... train simulator?

The point being, I believe it's time to change humans being the "boring race" like in other MMOs, and change something about them.

Again "fantasy game", so there is no reason whatsoever why humans wouldn't have some more interesting racial ability.

Seriously, your argument here is that we didn't find any humanoid race in universe? lol
  • Humans have always been very crafty throughout history. No other creatures uses tools as much as we do. Maybe something in that direction?
  • Gothix.. *sigh*

I give up, someone take over please.
  • It might be Earth 'cause humans are on it, or humans may have traveled there from Earth, but I agree. Humans only come from Earth. On second thought so do Orcs, Elves, and Dwarfs. They come from Middle Earth. Tulnar are a mix of animals like reptiles and mammals.

Hmm... Maybe a portal to Terra was opened a long time ago and Orcs, Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs came over to Verra and defeated the old gods. The Tulnar tried to stop them but failed and now we're back. 

Another interesting thing is that they keep saying Verra is the mother planet where life began, but for whom? Mother planet of Tulnar or everyone else? There are three Earth races but is it our home? 
  • sunfrog said:

Another interesting thing is that they keep saying Verra is the mother planet where life began, but for whom? Mother planet of Tulnar or everyone else? There are three Earth races but is it our home? 
    Good question. Even though this is a fantasy themed game, even fantasy has some realism to it. If not, humans would be farting through their nostrils and talking though their armpits because "It's a fantasy world, everything is possible".

I guess Steven has to clear up for whom life began on Verra, or maybe for all races? As you said, Humans, Dwarves and Orcs are all habitants of Earth/Terra/Verra. Tulnar could just be a new mutated animal race, or besides orcs another "fantasy" addition to planet earth.