Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – September 15th, 2017

2»

Comments

• In Duels, can we have finishing moves or taunts?  It would be awesome to use a Mortal Kombat style finishing move on someone XD
  • Would it be possible to host a pvp tournament, whereby selected people from the community go 1v1 with the devs. Winners can gain Alpha0 access or maybe some merch, Losers can maybe have a commemorative gravestone placed out in the world, see picture for example.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159303792405125&set=gm.314509485684017&type=3&theater&ifg=1
  • Hey hey :) 
    Can you explain some of the guild systems?  What is speziall, what can you make with the guild... Are there spezial trading options or military options for a tradimg guild ect ?
  • Its been stated that there will be plenty of content for small and large groups, 40 person raids, castle sieges for guilds, participating in growing a node, outdoor and even instanced PvE areas.

My question is about medium sized groups, like 24 or so players, will there be content specifically built around groups that size and for smaller guilds who might not be able to field enough players to siege a castle or coordinate enough to regularly do 40 person content? Dungeons that still require skill, time, and coordination, and maybe a slight equipment curve to play, still rewards generously but maybe not as much as the larger 40 person counter part? I do mean specifically separate as well, not just the same thing made smaller for a smaller group. Best example I can think of is like ZG and AQ20 in classic WoW.

Second, I have played games that were very easy, group of 5 never talks, face rolls a dungeon without needing to stop moving one time, and then its over almost like you were never even there. I remember when planning pulls mattered, when you had to sit and drink to regen mana/health, or when someone standing in the wrong place could wipe your group. What systems will you have to make dungeons harder, make pulls meaningful, or to make people take care or face the consequences, what risk will you put in place so the reward seems meaningful?

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I know some do not care for PVP (my son for example) but I play only to PVP in group or solo (and craft). PVE for me is during downtime. Will we be forced to raid and PVE 40/hr week in order to be successful at PVP? Also, will I be able to kill my son and make him cry or is PVP going to be "by permission"  will the consequences be too detrimental to PVP?
  • Kyrillos said:
    In Duels, can we have finishing moves or taunts?  It would be awesome to use a Mortal Kombat style finishing move on someone XD
    Do you mean something like this...............

• Will there be open world PvP objectives that are always contested? A node with a very minor reward that groups will constantly fight over without a lockout window?
  • How much of an impact will the archetypes secondary attributes have on skills? More specific - What changes about a skill once a secondary class is applied beyond an additional effect, will there be cooldown or cast time modifiers, range or area of affect differences, etc. 
  • @Kyrillos
    The only MMO I have seen do finishing moves marginally well was Skyforge.  Each class has a finishing move attack (which grants benefits like energy or shields when successfully finishing someone).  So it's within the realm of possibility for an MMO.
  • Will raids and other larger group size pve content have gathering profession required resources? (ie need a miner of sufficient skill in the raid to take advantage of rare resources that spawn in the depths of the raid)
  • Penetrate said:
    I know some do not care for PVP (my son for example) but I play only to PVP in group or solo (and craft). PVE for me is during downtime. Will we be forced to raid and PVE 40/hr week in order to be successful at PVP? Also, will I be able to kill my son and make him cry or is PVP going to be "by permission"  will the consequences be too detrimental to PVP?
    They have said that crafting will be able to give items as strong as raid items, since they want crafting to be viable, meaning you won't necessarily have to raid to have the best gear. Also, it's open world PvP, with a slight twist. Outside of cities, you can kill whomever you want, but there's a 'flagging' system in place. Basically, if you attack a helpless gatherer and they don't fight back, you will become corrupted, and gain increased death penalties, and eventually you may drop your own gear on death if you become corrupted enough. However, if they fight back, then you will both just be flagged as combatants, and can fight, and actually gain reduced death penalties. There are exceptions to this, such as Guild vs Guild fights and caravans, but that's the gist of it. 
  • Will Tulnar be able to dig tunnels? For instance, I can put up a freehold where ever but can I dig a tunnel and live in it where ever? Can I dig an underground system of tunnels and call that my home if I am a Tulnar?
  • Will you be able to use weapons meant for your secondary class as well? So for example if you have a Ranger / Cleric, will you also be able to switch to a staff if you feel like the situation demands it?
  • What will the Dye system in the game be like, or how will it work? What is the level of customization for our armor and clothes in game such as visuals?
  • What are all of the 64 Classes?

• Well there be a central bank? 
    Ex. A branch in my home node and a branch in a node on the other side of the map that I can use?
  • Hello please teach us some different ideas you have with the guild system ... Wich things you can do with a guild ... Can you create guild trader shops? Also the hole guild can put things in this store where other can buy it ect. 
  • Will gear be bound on pickup, bound on equip or no binding at all (hopefully) ?

I like to be able to sell my old, used gear to invest into new gear or upgrades. Gear binding would also conflict with DKP systems in guilds, for example when guilds do raids or dungeon runs to distribute the gear evenly to all participating members.
    edited September 2017
    *raises hand humbly* As a respectable shop owner, Im fulfilling orders that can't be utilized. So my question is:

when will we be able to use images for the forum signatures again? :wink:
  • FliP said:
    Will gear be bound on pickup, bound on equip or no binding at all (hopefully) ?

I like to be able to sell my old, used gear to invest into new gear or upgrades. Gear binding would also conflict with DKP systems in guilds, for example when guilds do raids or dungeon runs to distribute the gear evenly to all participating members.
    They answered this in several streams and I believe its also on the discord "Ask Intrepid" channel as well; Equipment will not be bound on equip or pickup; but there will be somethings that are bound specific. Due to the way AoC's economy is set up, making things bound wont work well for the market.
  • Gemiichan said:
    FliP said:

They answered this in several streams and I believe its also on the discord "Ask Intrepid" channel as well; Equipment will not be bound on equip or pickup; but there will be somethings that are bound specific. Due to the way AoC's economy is set up, making things bound wont work well for the market.
    Must have been the very first streams then, but I watched the last 4-5 streams (the monthly ones, not PAX) and the question was not mentioned nor answered. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked it.

If gear will not be bound that's great, but I'd still prefer to see an official statement about this to easy my mind, so I can continue working on guild plans and strategies.
  • Will there be future server vs server game content additions (PvE & PvP)

What are your thoughts in making PvP attractive to professional gamers?
    edited September 2017
    Seeing as the level of a node is representative of its development and population/activity. Will there be further improved transportation methods for goods and people? I know we are against fast travel, but at somepoint in this 6stage node development someone must have thought of something? And to follow that, if yes, will those transportation methods be viable to use to less developed nodes? EG indirectly forcing a nodes development via easy access and/or shared resources, potentially affecting the economic systems of both whilst still being differently themed nodes. This could be used from an economic node to an allied military node to help fund and reinforce both nodes via agreements. Yay/nay? Too difficult to implement fairly?
  • FliP said:
    Gemiichan said:
    FliP said:

Must have been the very first streams then, but I watched the last 4-5 streams (the monthly ones, not PAX) and the question was not mentioned nor answered. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked it.

If gear will not be bound that's great, but I'd still prefer to see an official statement about this to easy my mind, so I can continue working on guild plans and strategies.
    The answer was give during the pax panel livestream. 
  • FliP said:
    Gemiichan said:
    FliP said:

Here a video of a statement, also future questions you're looking for that came from Dev source can be located on this website. http://aocwiki.net/Ashes_of_Creation_PAX_Panel_Making_MMOS_Great_Again#To_what_degree_will_Soulbound_equipment_be_featured_in_Ashes_.3F
  • As for the mounts, will there be any mounts that will allow two players, or more, on at a time? 
This discussion has been closed.