Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Introduction and questions

Yo! Im Zumi i'm new to this game just found out about it recently actually, I love the idea sadly I've only played 2 MMO's for a short time because of P2W aspects and i'm hoping this is a different. As for my questions I want to know if the final release will be F2P, subscription based, or one time purchase? Another question would be will there be any kind of mounts that you would be able to obtain? (really big fan of mounts for some reason) And lastly will there be big exotic swords and heavy armor?

Comments

• From what I have heard...subscription based, no mounts unless you run a castle then you get a FLYING DRAGON
  • There is breeding system, so there definitely will be mounts as well. Only one person can have flying though, it had something to do with siege wars. And welcome!
  • They also have a Discord chat app   https://discordapp.com/
  • Well a warm welcome to the Community hun <3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Welcome to the community @ZumiTaco, game will have no box price, but a subscription of around $15 a month. There are a variety of mounts that have been confirmed. 

Here is some artwork of some heavy armor.

Also some shield and sword artwork.
    Once again welcome to the community, a lot of great people here, and enjoy your stay.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    ZumiTaco said:
    Yo! Im Zumi i'm new to this game just found out about it recently actually, I love the idea sadly I've only played 2 MMO's for a short time because of P2W aspects and i'm hoping this is a different. As for my questions I want to know if the final release will be F2P, subscription based, or one time purchase? Another question would be will there be any kind of mounts that you would be able to obtain? (really big fan of mounts for some reason) And lastly will there be big exotic swords and heavy armor?
    Welcome to the world of Ashes @ZumiTaco :)

The game will be subscription based with no box cost. The monthly subscription is estimated to be around $15, but this has not been finalized yet.

Mounts will be a thing in Ashes. You can even breed your own mounts if you take up the Animal Husbandry Artisan class!

Yes, there will be lots of high fantasy swords and armor in the game. You might want to take a peek at some of the pre-alpha footage from PAX :)
  • Welcome :)
  • I would assume we get quite a variety of swords. There isn't to much concept art yet for weapons but we saw a scimitar for example.

Other than that Lex already provided what we know to the other stuff, soooo...

Enjoy some tea with us and may the sandal gods bless you with your own pair for your sore ridden feet of experiencing p2w. May it sooth the pain and provide hopeful outlook for our little spark of hope.

• Greetings and salutations to the wonderful world of ashes of creation 

• Welcome to the community!  As you can see,  there are many here to help and answer questions.  Hope you enjoy your stay with us!
  • Welcome to the family!
  • Welcome to the community @ZumiTaco!
  • Welcome @ZumiTaco! Glad you found AoC!
  • Thank you all for welcoming me and answering the questions I had. Hope to see you all around!
  • Hello and welcome,
    So don't worry about mounts just get a tank to plow through everything ???? 
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • ZumiTaco said:
    As for my questions I want to know if the final release will be F2P, subscription based, or one time purchase?
    No need to purchase game itself, 15$ per month subscription.
    ZumiTaco said:
    Another question would be will there be any kind of mounts that you would be able to obtain? (really big fan of mounts for some reason) And lastly will there be big exotic swords and heavy armor?
    There will be flying mounts yes, but those will only be available for Metropolis leaders and Castle leaders. There will be other "flying" mounts, but they will just hover a certain distance over the ground.
    ZumiTaco said:
    And lastly will there be big exotic swords and heavy armor?
    There will be big ones yes, but they are staying with a realistic style to it, rather than an exaggerated style, so you won't for example find shoulderplates that are MASSIVE in size. 
  • Welcome @ZumiTaco! ^^