Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions about Ashes

This will just be a post containing all the questions I have, and get, about the game as time pass, as well as updates on the answers we've got about them. If you have information related to these questions however, I'd be glad if you told me, and even more if you linked me to the source.

Secrets

Q: Will there be secret/hidden skills or classes?
A: Secret/Hidden skills have been discussed, but not been decided on.

Q: Will there be hidden/secret Quests?
If yes, will there be secret auguments to skills as reward for hidden/secret Quests?
A: Yes there will be hidden/secret Quests. 
Secret Auguments is unknown. Can get auguments for skills from Religion.

Q: Will there be mysteries you can find hints about in lore, books, ruins etc that will lead you to lost artifacts and treasures? Things you have to research and put together information to find out about?
A: There will be hidden treasures. Not confirmed about the researching and putting together clues part.

Crafting

Q:. Will there be any research "Experimentation" like thing in crafting for unlocking "unknown" blueprints/recipes. Ex: Alchemy where amount of ingredients, flame heat, time to mix etc will have to be within a % range to be counted as a success and thus unlocks this unknown recipe?
A: Nothing known as of yet, but most likely not.

Social

Q: Will you be able to form Mercenary/Explorer companies, as in smaller non guild groups?
A: Unknown.

Q: How does respawning work?
A: Random in some way for corrupt people, rest unknown.

Necromancer

Q: Will the Necromancer have, until it dies, pets? (As in, persistent and not temprorary/timed)

Q: Will Necromancers have their own unique "Crafting skill" that they use to create their own undeads?

Trading

Q: Will there be city local auction houses?
Or will there be mechanics in place for "Auction House Events", where you have to physcially show up at the time of the event and participate in it personally?
A: Unknown. (Is known that there will not be Global Auction houses)

Lore

Q: What is the reason for the corruption?
A: Some Dark Entity that is betraying creation.

Pets/Mounts
(Will refer to pets used as companions in battle, like the hunter classes we're used to, as Battle Pets)

Q: Will there be Battle Pets that can works as mounts at the same time, without having to summon it again for the new "role"?

Q: Will Tamers have unique abilities when it comes to Mounts and Battle Pets seeing how they are the ones taming them?

Q: Will Battle Pets be 'locked' to specific classes or will everyone be able to use them?
And if so, will Tamers still be able to use Battle Pets seeing how they are the ones taming them?
A: Unknown on both.

Mobs

Q: Will there be any Normal - Elite mob system in place? Or will there be a "variant" system in place, where mobs have a % chance of spawning with "unique" stats and maybe some extra skills compared to normal mobs?
A: Unknown

Comments

• Options
    Ziltch said:
    This will just be a post containing all the questions I have, and get, about the game as time pass, as well as updates on the answers we've got about them. If you have information related to these questions however, I'd be glad if you told me, and even more if you linked me to the source.
    Some relevant developer quotes.
    Q: Will there be secret/hidden skills or classes?
    "There will be hidden things, and there will be discoverable things." But no confirmation on hidden skills.
    Source: https://youtu.be/D0Wjww5ZJok?t=2664
    If yes, will there be secret auguments to skills as reward for hidden/secret Quests?
    There will be class utility skills for locating hidden quests and areas.
    Source: https://youtu.be/rcOdyuV0tX8?t=390 (video removed from YouTube!)
    Q: Will there be mysteries you can find hints about in lore, books, ruins etc that will lead you to lost artifacts and treasures? Things you have to research and put together information to find out about?
    There have been various hints about this, but nothing explicitly confirmed.
    Q:. Will there be any research like thing in crafting for unlocking "unknown" blueprints/recipes. Ex: Alchemy where amount of ingredients, flame heat, time to mix etc will have to be within a % range to be counted as a success and thus unlocks this unknown recipe?
    It has been confirmed that there will be discoverable/unlockable recipies, however nothing specific is known yet.

Q: Will you be able to form Mercenary/Explorer companies, as in smaller non guild groups?
    Social organizations have been alluded to but not explicitly defined.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    lexmax said:
    There will be class utility skills for locating hidden quests and areas.
    Source: https://youtu.be/rcOdyuV0tX8?t=390 (video removed from YouTube!)
    Did not know that the utility skills would be useful for these things. Thanks