Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Some Emotes tied to Character Outfit ?

What if some  " / " Commands were tied to your outfit ?
For example
  • " Chest Piece A ",  has a Scarf/ Bandanna , you're allowed to interact with your own Outfit and cover you mouth
  • " Chest Piece B" , has a Cape, you're able to ... make different poses with 
  • etc ...
What do you think ?

( not sure of the other Armor pieces : via Bracers, Leggings, Gauntlets, Necks, Rings, Necklaces, Amulets, etc )

As far as Rings go ... maybe to have a " / " command for emitting a ...  " Magical Glow " ? Idk, didn't think that far ahead >.<

( besides that " RP / Command  (emote)  "  ... could be an Ability >~> )

Comments

• Sounds like a cute gimmick. That would definitely give costume collecting a purpose.
  • ArcheAge did this with their Yata costumes. That being the case it would seem doable =)
  • Doesn't sound too bad.

In addition to that, it would also be nice if costumes had different options/add-ons that can be enabled/disabled to make your look even more unique. As an example, keep the face guard on your helmet up to show your face or lowered to complete the helmet, maybe even other things could be tweaked as for example how a character wears its armor, posting an example as a picture.

Piccolo of DBZ wears his cape over his shoulder guards:

While warriors normally wear their shoulder guards over their capes:

Those are just "small" little tweaks that could make costumes more unique, but from a technical aspect would demand a lot more work per costume, so in the end it might not be worth it (except a few special paid costumes from the item mall).
  • I would love a magic aura around me or a type of mist 

• If some outfit will let me do this, I'm buying it.

• Gothix said:
    If some outfit will let me do this, I'm buying it.

As long as that outfit also allows this

• I liked in DAoC that you could troggle cape hoods up and down.  I would love to be able to do that again.
  • Naughty emotes too pls! 
  • Naughty emotes too pls! 
    yes!
  • I really like this idea ^^ Would add a fun aspect to collecting gear/cosmetics in game :) 
  • Camnesia said:
    Gothix said:
    If some outfit will let 
    As long as that outfit also allows this

But then all the men will wear that outfit!!! =p
  • What? So like, new underwear makes you smile? Okay. :)

• I would think the emote would have something to do with the costume itself. Like a costume with a cape might have an emote where your character uses the cape to act like batman or a halloween themed costume has an emote where your character acts like a zombie.

Any emote that has nothing to do with the costume would hopefully come default.
  • I would think the emote would have something to do with the costume itself. 

Mhm so in astronauts costume you'd be able to moonwalk.
    I think I start to understand.
  • McStackerson said:
    " ... Like a costume with a cape might have an emote where your character uses the cape to act like batman or a halloween themed costume has an emote where your character acts like a zombie ... " 
    Something like that  :)
  • T-Elf said:
    I liked in DAoC that you could troggle cape hoods up and down.  I would love to be able to do that again.

Didn't add an emote...examples:
       Hood up - /s I feel a chill
                        /s It's starting to rain

Hood down - /s It's such a nice day

• Heck, they could make some special dances for when you wear specific outfits, for when the animators get bored, or possibly unlock them when aquiring an outfit, like finding an outfit suited for salsa unlocking the salsa dance. Wouldn't that be cool?
  • Ruby437 
    for when the animators get bored
  • That's a very worrying thought.....personally I'd be a little scared of what insane emotes their imaginations would summon if allowed free reign. :smiley:
  • This would be an interesting feature. Like others have said, it would give purpose to storing away cool gear and outfits you've found while exploring, instead of just trashing them as you level up.
  • Nice idea indeed @Eragale and there’d be a lot of scope for developing it further as the game progresses. It would add an extra dimension to out collecting and give the completionists a nice challenge in getting them. 
  • @Kratz
    There's a Good Chance that i think too much - but glad to know its liked  o:)
  • /polish armor
  • bump
  • Eragale said:
    bump
    Play a necro or dont bump that is the only way ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018

nagash said:
    Eragale said:
    bump
    Play a necro or dont bump that is the only way ^^
    I'll definitely try it. But atm, that's not my top pick atm. Believe it or not ... i am narrowing it down, but based on mere speculation of what the other 4 Archetypes 1st iteration of combat will be. That being
    • Bard
    • Rogue
    • Summoner
    • Fighter
    So far, out of the 64 Archetype Combinations ... Necromancer is guaranteed at least Top 40  :p