Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Utility Skills

We know the Utility skills for 4 of the classes, but the others are unknown.
Anyone have any guesses on what the last 4 are and what they might do? Let's hear them!

Known:
Tank - Perception
Cleric - Cleanse
Ranger - Track
Mage - Mage's Detection

Unknown:
Fighter
Rogue
Summoner
Bard

Comments

• Options
    My only guess so far is that Rogue's Utility is Stealth, but that slightly feels out of place considering how the abiltiies of the others we know work.
  • Options
    We know that one of the rouge's utilities is the ability to climb walls.
  • Options
    For Rogue, stealing from other players?

Summoner, possible enemy detecting? Like you know the ones who pop out suddenly without a warning. Summoner might warn. Or is this Mage's job?

• Options
    Fighter - encourages allies by motivation shout, increasing party members adrenaline level allowing them to run a little bit faster for a period of time

Rogue - makes whole rogues party invisible for a period of time, while invisible party members can only move at a fraction of normal movement speed and any hostile action will cancel the invisibility effect

Summoner - summons the whole summoners party to summoners current location, however the distance of party members eligible for this summon is limited to X

Bard - sings lullaby and put all mobs in the targeted area to sleep for period of time, allowing bards party to get past them without needing to engage them (any offensive action by any party member will awaken the targets)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Enemy detection is the Tank's role.
    Perception: Use this skill to detect threats within range of your perception.

I think closest to that for Summoner would be detecting nearby mobs that could be tamed and controlled as a minion. May or may not be enemies.
    For instance, the Crab in the PAX demo might be something a Summoner could detect, even though it's not a threat and cannot be attacked under normal circumstances.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Dolphin
    yeah I thought about it too but then I remember them saying something about that both Rogue and Ranger can do so.. Hmm, multiple Utility skills in each skill tree?

@Gothix
    Thought about the same for Fighter but ended up going away from the idea seeing how the other classes don't buff or debuff in any way but are more interacting with the world kind of utility skills :P 
    Tho that utility skill would match a Fighter well :D 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    There will be multiple utility skills in each archetype tree and Rogue will have the most.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Dygz said:
    There will be multiple utility skills in each archetype tree and Rogue will have the most.
    Interesting. Do you know if we will only be able to have 1 utility skill active at any time or can we have multiple active ones? 
    Also, source? I'd like to read up on it/hear it if possible :P 
  • Options
    I asked Jeff B about utility skills at PAX - he also confirmed that we would have access to the utility skills of our secondary archetype.
    I can't remember if Rogue having most came from PAX or a long ago livestream.

The Utility skills at PAX were all instant cast. I think the effects were permanent.
    Can't really see any reason why one would cancel out the effects of another.
    You could place multiple utility skills on the hot-bar if you wanted.
  • Options
    Ziltch said:

@Gothix
    Thought about the same for Fighter but ended up going away from the idea seeing how the other classes don't buff or debuff in any way but are more interacting with the world kind of utility skills :P 
    Maybe instead fighters shout could let party members jump longer distances to jump over canyons etc... it would work only out of combat, as soon as someone enters combat buff would expire.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Ziltch said:

@Gothix
    Maybe instead fighters shout could let party members jump longer distances to jump over canyons etc... it would work only out of combat, as soon as someone enters combat buff would expire.
    A jumping ability :open_mouth:
    that would actually fit well on a fighter :P 
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    I asked Jeff B about utility skills at PAX - he also confirmed that we would have access to the utility skills of our secondary archetype.
    I can't remember if Rogue having most came from PAX or a long ago livestream.

The Utility skills at PAX were all instant cast. I think the effects were permanent.
    Can't really see any reason why one would cancel out the effects of another.
    You could place multiple utility skills on the hot-bar if you wanted.
    Oh that's nice.
    Yeah multiple on a hotbar, just wondered if the last slot on the bar was like locked for utility skills or something
  • Options
    I doubt any of the slots are actually locked, they were just all set up the same at PAX because that was the easiest layout:
    Weapon ability at one end of the bar, utility at the other end of the bar.
    In the final game, I'm pretty sure we could swap those positions if we wanted to.
    Or place them in any slot.
  • Options
    Yh, I think so too, but I will chose to remain sceptical until it's Stevenconfirmed :P
  • Options
    Rogue trap detection, maybe?