Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Your trust in Steven?

Comments

• Can't fully trust anyone, not even yourself.
  • The reason for the sub-par rating is the sketchy-ness around "kickstarter exclusive" backing and the pvp system. That being said I'm still hopeful.
  • Not a constructive thread
  • I don't trust game developers until they deliver, but as a person, he doesn't seem too bad.
  • Don't wanna vote but, he is the only MMORPG Developer i ever trusted. I'm done with MMOs forever if he disappoints us.
  • trust is weakness
  • Why this question is only for Steven, but not for all the Intrepid Studio? I mean there is a team behind it, Steven is not the only one.

I couldnot expect something very mold breaking or very unique from any developer company, because that's utopia, but I think this is going to be a nice game to play. Not gonna be the best of the best, but at least I knew they imagined and targeted that so it can be developed further in the next decade. 
  • I trust Steven a lot but not 100%. I am sure he will make a great game for us and it will be good fun to play.
  • I have faith in IS, but most I have seen and heard so far is "You will be able to do this and that, much awesome, very unique".

This is in a nuttshell what every developer/publisher says about the pre-launch product.

My trust level will increase once I see more actual progress.
  • The game is not finished yet, but the things that have been shown so far seem nice. It's still too early to have an opinion set in stone though.
  • 90% because no one gets 100% trust.

For what I've seen so far it's 90%. I can only vote based on what I've seen so far, and what I've seen is very good.

Of course, this does not mean that if IS policy and vision would change along the way thighs wouldn't change. Ofc. they would. So this 90% is based on assumption their vision will remain as it is now.
  • I'm confused by the question.

What is "trust"? 

Is this a new thing the kids are doing?
  • Karthos said:
    I'm confused by the question.

What is "trust"? 

I mean, do you trust in Steven's vision of AoC becoming the MMO to bring back the greatness of MMO's? (I should stop making threads after 12...)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Chudyie said:
    Karthos said:
    I'm confused by the question.

What is "trust"? 

I mean, do you trust in Steven's vision of AoC becoming the MMO to bring back the greatness of MMO's? (I should stop making threads after 12...)
    I wouldn't be here if I didn't - because if Ashes doesn't, nothing else on the horizon will imo. I've never backed a game financially before, or ever done KS. If Steven and Intrepid deliver on their promises then this will be one hell of an MMO.
  • For me why would i spend a ton of cash on something i dont trust xD
  • I see the progress they are making, they are advancing quickly, question only is whether feature creep will ultimately kill the game, not enough time for each individual feature. 
    Another personal note on it: I'm waiting since June on a customer support response, I've sent 3 tickets this far, and I hope that this theme isn't one to stay, I remember nightmare stories from steam support and just don't want that to happen in an MMORPG.