Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"You are strafing in combat, and your attack misses!"

My last post disappeared.... Short version

Do you take the game designer of PvP seriously?

If yes..... Set a hard limit on circle strafing in toe to toe melee combat. There are too many MMORPGs out there designed with the belief that you can circle around another player in armor with drawn melee weapon and make a succesfull attack.

Everyone who played DAoC remember "You are strafing in combat, and your attack misses!" The trick was you have to time when you stop just before your swing or you lose an attack. The entire fight you had to decide is it worth to trye and fast strife up and make that uber side attack? Timing, timing and skills was the key to success.

Modern MMORPG almost always misses this. You can run like a monkey in circles around your opponent and land attack after attack. Strafe keys + spam one attack.

So my question remains: Do you take game designer of PvP seriously?

EDIT: And of course, this is just my view as an old time PvPer. what do you think about infinite circle strafing in melee combat??

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=10442]My last post disappeared…. Short version

Do you take the game designer of PvP seriously?

If yes….. Set a hard limit on circle strafing in toe to toe melee combat. There are too many MMORPGs out there designed with the belief that you can circle around another player in armor with drawn melee weapon and make a succesfull attack.

Everyone who played DAoC remember “You are strafing in combat, and your attack misses!” The trick was you have to time when you stop just before your swing or you lose an attack. The entire fight you had to decide is it worth to trye and fast strife up and make that uber side attack? Timing, timing and skills was the key to success.

Modern MMORPG almost always misses this. You can run like a monkey in circles around your opponent and land attack after attack. Strafe keys + spam one attack.

So my question remains: Do you take game designer of PvP seriously?

[/quote]

Question is do you want a boring Pvp system when everyone stands still?
    Strafing or moving whilst attacking is needed in a tab target game. It's 2017, not 1994 we need decent mechanics not dated ones
  • Options
    I think most people who played DAoC can confirm
    1 that there was not anything like stand still in melee combat
    2 the PvP system was one of the better
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    @sigvard
    I agree with you initial post in more ways the one. The Style I see is just ...
     " Players running in circles ".

its just cringy to watch.