Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can you own more than one house?

Does anyone know what the limits are when it comes to property ownership. I plan on being a very important person and having to own loads of properties because of how very important I am.  :| 

Comments

• maybe, maybe not who knows
  • 1 static property within a node as long as the node exists and you dont sell it.
    1 Instance property within a node.
    1 freehold within a nodes zone of influence.

You wont be owning loads of properties I am afraid.
    Only 3 at most.
  • Official answer:
  • Thanks lexmex you're the best! You should get a alpha key!
  • MaybeMan said:
    Thanks lexmex you're the best! You should get a alpha key!
    He is the best and he has!
  • I believe that means you can own 3 housing types within the one node ^^
  • Or you could own one housing type on 3 different characters in 3 different nodes, since different characters can be citizens of different nodes.
  • Diura said:
    I believe that means you can own 3 housing types within the one node ^^
    Yes, one character can have one of each housing type in a single node; or in three different nodes if they so choose...

• lexmax said:
    Diura said:
    I believe that means you can own 3 housing types within the one node ^^
    Yes, one character can have one of each housing type in a single node; or in three different nodes if they so choose...

@lexmax ah righty-o so that means you can only have active benefits from one of the three properties (Nodes) at a time - but allows you to have storage etc (potentially) from up to three Nodes.
  • Im gonna be a property developer. By them when their small sell en big!
  • Yep. You can do that ;)
  • MaybeMan said:
    Does anyone know what the limits are when it comes to property ownership. I plan on being a very important person and having to own loads of properties because of how very important I am.  :| 
    1 per type of housing.
    Freehold
    Node Housing
    Instanced Housing
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    You can own max 3 types of housing per account:

- 1 static property in node
    - 1 instanced property in node
    - 1 freehold in nodes zone of influence

You can put all 3 of these properties in the same node, or you can spread them across different nodes (for example one of these in each of 3 different nodes) but you can still own only 3.

If you plan on focusing on 1 character and 1 node, then it's likely (I'm guessing) more valuable for you to put all 3 in same node.

If you will however play 3 alts (and alts share these 3 houses) and you want each alt to be citizen of different node, then you will put each house in different node.

TLDR: max 3 houses (one of each type), bound to account, shared across alts.
  • Hmmmm.... If you want loads, you might have to 'rent' more than 3, ie pay for access and to call them your own... If that's even going to be possible :)
  • Megs said:
    Hmmmm.... If you want loads, you might have to 'rent' more than 3, ie pay for access and to call them your own... If that's even going to be possible :)
    Poker is a wicked game ;)
  • Kratz said:

Megs said:
    Hmmmm.... If you want loads, you might have to 'rent' more than 3, ie pay for access and to call them your own... If that's even going to be possible :)
    Poker is a wicked game ;)

Played by wicked men and wicked women... it's why I consider it My Game :)
  • No one has a poker face like a Dwarf poker face.

• Attempts caption: The ladies from the Northcrag knitting group were unimpressed by Karmplins efforts to knit one purl one....
  • Kratz said:

No one has a poker face like a Dwarf poker face.

I have a better one 

• All cookies in.

edited October 2017
    The houses are bound to character; not account.
    So... each character can have a a max of 3 houses.
    It's not limited by account.

Same for the Discord quote.
    Citizenship is by character; not account.
    edited October 2017
    Dygz said:
    The houses are bound to character; not account.
    So... each character can have a a max of 3 houses.
    It's not limited by account.

Same for the Discord quote.
    Citizenship is by character; not account.
    Bound to account. 
    Citizenship is indeed by character though.
  • I think we need to see the full context of that quote.
    Plot of land applies to freeholds.
    We already know that each character has multiple housing allowed per character.
    Housing comes with citizenship.

• I'm sure you misunderstood @Dygz, as it has been stated several times that it's 3 per account.
  • Then there should be more than that one quote, right?
    edited October 2017
    While I am sure you are going to say that just because he doesn't mention account vs character here, that the matter isn't settled, you are going to be disappointed if it is that way. Better to count on it being account based and then be pleasantly surprised when it isn't. 
    I have 8 toons later in the game when I have plenty of gold. A new node is up and coming. It pops to level 3 and I happen to get lucky and log on each character in quick succession and buy 8 houses in the center of town. Is this the intended mechanic? I don't think so.

-Will players have the ability to own multiple freeholds? +A)No, you may only ever declare citizenship for one node +B)May own one of each type of housing (one freehold, one static node home , and one instanced apartment.)
  • "You may own up to 1 of each type of housing"

That should be refering to account, because it does not make sense to let alts buy more than that if you have such a rule in place, as you could just as well have allowed that to be done on your main toon instead if that was the case
  • And if it is account capped, it would make sense that each house is shared across all alts (any alt can use it as his own).
  • Gothix said:
    And if it is account capped, it would make sense that each house is shared across all alts (any alt can use it as his own).

Yes.
  • nagash said:
    Kratz said:

No one has a poker face like a Dwarf poker face.

I have a better one 

I'm late to the party, but that skelleton smile clearly screams "Royal Flush, bia**h!!"