Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I was one of the first to sign up to this website...

:s:'(:/ And have still not gotten a key.....

Comments

• Artimus said:
    Maybe it's because of that spiderman gif.
  • Dolphin said:
    Artimus said:
    Maybe it's because of that spiderman gif.
    That's racist
  • Have you tried praying really hard?
  • Artimus said:
    Sitting on the loo and humming the theme tune to Game of Thrones worked for me.
  • Kratz said:
    Artimus said:
    Guess ill go get some chipotle and give that a try. Desperate times.
  • Kratz said

So that's where you have been all these months, we were about to send out search parties, @nagash was beginning to worry.
  • Varkun said:
    Kratz said

So that's where you have been all these months, we were about to send out search parties, @nagash was beginning to worry.
    Oh I've been around. :)
  • Artimus said:
    Lucky for you there are still many chances. Show, why are you a worthy key winner <3
  • Belewyn said:
    Artimus said:
    Lucky for you there are still many chances. Show, why are you a worthy key winner <3
    Cause we believe in ashes and got 99% free time xD atleast for me the upcomming year.
  • Time is not the only required variable. How capable are you of being a quality tester, know what to look for and report the issues you found?

Sounds easy, but in fact it isn't.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    @FliP I thought the Friends Alpha was a chance to play the early game and not a QA test?
    I understand the need for quality bug reporting but this Zero Alpha test isn't that.

• Actually it has been billed by Jeffrey as more of a load test. They need to see if what they have planned can actually work outside of their closed server system. Once they open it up on the net, they will get a much better idea if the writing of an Unreal 4 backend for 100 people in an area at one time was a good idea and how much of a hiccup it is going to cause in development. Can make a pretty game with all the bells and whistles, no good if it crashes everytime more than 10 people cast a spell in a single area.
  • Solid said:
    @FliP I thought the Friends Alpha was a chance to play the early game and not a QA test?
    I understand the need for quality bug reporting but this Zero Alpha test isn't that.

If Alpha 0 is just a server load test, as USE stated, then it is above my understanding why access is so limited. If the goal is to see how much the engine and servers can handle, my way of achieving that is to push both as hard as possible to see what the breaking point is.
    I might just be too aggressive with my methods.
  • if all else fails just post funny things thats what I did ^^
  • Not how much they can handle, but to see if they are going in the right direction as to the promised multi-player backend that they have stated they are having to write from scratch. It is much easier to track down problems with a smaller group, than thousands. Look at their PAX server problem that took them till 4 in the morning to figure out that it was the mages ponytail clipping through terrain causing them issues. The larger the test, the harder it is to track down what is causing issues. They have several things they hope to accomplish with the Alpha 0, but providing a smooth gaming experience for the people testing is probably not one of them. Hence the NDA. We already saw everyone lose their freaking minds over the QTE, imagine what a shitstorm Alpha 0 not under NDA would cause. "OMG, they can't get the physics right on caravans, mine keep tipping over when I drive them too fast. The game is doomed!"
  • nagash said:
    if all else fails just post funny things thats what I did ^^
    Did you get the key?
  • Dolphin said:
    nagash said:
    Did you get the key?
    yep just got it yesterday ^^
  • nagash said:
    Dolphin said:
    nagash said:
    Did you get the key?
    yep just got it yesterday ^^
    Wow. It's dropDEAD gorgeous. Congratulations.  :DB)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I signed up the first day this website went live, and I have no idea who you are. Never heard of you, this is the first post of your's I can recall ever seeing. 

You in effect have "been here" as long as I have, but been minimally involved in the community.

I am annoyingly involved w/ the community, to the point I'm sure most people are sick of me. I still don't have a key either. 

So... Yea, life ain't fair kid. 
  • *huggles an @Artimus and @Karthos*  I'll be crossing my fingers and toes whilst performing a druidic ritual in the hope it helps. <3
  • Karthos said:
    I signed up the first day this website went live, and I have no idea who you are. Never heard of you, this is the first post of your's I can recall ever seeing. 

You in effect have "been here" as long as I have, but been minimally involved in the community.

I am annoyingly involved w/ the community, to the point I'm sure most people are sick of me. I still don't have a key either. 

dam thats hard hitting 
  • FliP said:

If Alpha 0 is just a server load test, as USE stated, then it is above my understanding why access is so limited.

Likely because it's NDA and they want to keep knowledge about it limited until they reach later stages of development.
  • Baby steps. Its a game that is actually using the Alpha stages to test stuff forreal unlike most Alphas and Betas
  • Gothix said:
    FliP said:

If Alpha 0 is just a server load test, as USE stated, then it is above my understanding why access is so limited.

Likely because it's NDA and they want to keep knowledge about it limited until they reach later stages of development.
    I didn't say they should have a open alpha 0 for everyone without NDA. I just believe that a higher population will be a better indicator for engine optimization and server stability.

Of the (I am just guessting here) 10k people they invited, 1k might not even make use of their key, 2k will just randomly play the game without being beneficial at all.

What I am saying is getting a few more people in wouldn't hurt.
  • Your invited numbers are a bit off. Steven said the number was around 800 keys given out last livestream. With the 10 this week. And if they go weekly with 5 (who knows) for the remaining time we are looking at 850 or so? Still a small manageable group, easy enough to collect NDAs, and will hit their testing goals, of which you and I are not privy to. Alpha 1 will be around 3.5-4k keys if you add up all the Braver of World and above KS and Summer packages and possible upgrades. Gets us to maybe half a server. Alpha 2 is when the floodgates open and beyond.
  • Again, I am not following the logic of allowing more people being equal to allowing more "testers" versus "players."

There was a similar thread about, some of the posters were trying to make the point "if more people could buy in there would be more people actually testing the game and not just playing." For me that doesn't follow solid logic.
  • Karthos said:

Wait, you don't? You really don't? You out of all people don't? I thought you did get a key already, you so deserve it by the standart of last key distribution.

Even Gothix won.

I want to questionare the audience/jury behind the key distrubiting.
  • Dolphin said:
    Karthos said:

Wait, you don't? You really don't? You out of all people don't? I thought you did get a key already, you so deserve it by the standart of last key distribution.

Even Gothix won.

There are a lot of people who should have a key and do not but I'm sure they will get one soon ^^
  • nagash said:
    Dolphin said:
    Karthos said:

Even Gothix won.

There are a lot of people who should have a key and do not but I'm sure they will get one soon ^^
    You're optimistic because you got one. We're pessimistic because sorrow and pain are our companions.

#emo #emoLife #youdontchoosetobeanemoemolifechoosesyou