Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What other things do you see hidden in a mine?

It is said if you dig to deep, your might awaken something in the mine. We know it can be a dragon. But what other things do you see hidden in a mine? Be is good or bad.

I know one thing I would love to have happen, there must be rare ores in a few mines, and to the reason why you digging deep in the 1st place. That would account for why you take a chance of awakening things deep within the mines.

But for not so rare ores, maybe the risk wouldn't be there, at least nothing major.

So what do you guys see happening with mines as a whole?

Comments

• I'd like the idea of there being a secret dungeon that you unearth by mining. Or maybe instead of it being only an enemy, it could be a tameable! 
  • Maybe notch pickaxe xD 
  • Chudyie said:
    I'd like the idea of there being a secret dungeon that you unearth by mining. Or maybe instead of it being only an enemy, it could be a tameable! 
    @Chudyie , I like this idea allot! =)
  • Well it's a little scary too at the same time. Why? Cause if your playing on an alt, that you configured to be a pure worker type, they are doomed down in that mine. lol
  • If you dig too deep you could unearth:

- 1000 angry Tulnar that didn't have a meal in a long time
    - passage into Blackfathom Deeps, with original WoW graphics on another side (and server too)
    - cookies, because finding cookies is always awesome
    - a caravan that @Shunex lost while he was drunk driving, and forgot where he left it
  • a tomb
  • Chudyie said:
    I'd like the idea of there being a secret dungeon that you unearth by mining. Or maybe instead of it being only an enemy, it could be a tameable! 
    Love the idea since mining and other gathering roles will likely be done with others. Extracting the last of the ore causes a collapse in a wall...to reveal a secret passageway to a raid or dungeon^^

Love it love it love it ^^
  • Scary thought,  the long lost ancestors of Lord @Nagash still celebrating at the  last cenutury family reunion.
  • Gothix said:
    If you dig too deep you could unearth:

- passage into Blackfathom Deeps, with original WoW graphics on another side (and server too)
    - a caravan that @Shunex lost while he was drunk driving, and forgot where he left it
    im more prone to driving off cliffs than into caves :P
  • Scary thought,  the long lost ancestors of Lord @Nagash still celebrating at the  last cenutury family reunion.

• Gothix said:
    If you dig too deep you could unearth:

Would be down to see all of this
  • A rock golem pet.
  • Probably my Stretch Armstrong that my mom claims "the dog chewed up".

• An ancient buried city like that Chinese one with rivers of mercury.
  • A Welshman?
  • A Rock.
  • Things I would find in a mine are:
    - ore (common or rare)
    - goblins
    - rare funghus used for various alchemy or cooking recipes
    - old abandoned shafts with treasure chests
    - maybe some ancient knowledge
    - a lot of skeletons sitting under somehow still burning torches
  • @FliP you just described Skyrim minus the goblins. 
  • Kratz said:
    A Welshman?
    Things we WANT to see in a mine. Not what we wish to throw in one. ;)
  • Karthos said:
    Kratz said:
    A Welshman?
    Things we WANT to see in a mine. Not what we wish to throw in one. ;)

Pffft...and here I thought we were friends...well...just to show you how forgiving I am...I'll let you toss me first ;)
  • well here is something wow finally did do good since last expac it spawns a mob giving extra ores and that is minable after looting!

however i also like the idea of actively keep mining a node till it collapses with the last extraction being a bit extra with possible rare ores.

and if mines or really mines as underground caves and stuff .... i hope while you progress in the gather profession you are able to use other extraction ways! Like blowing op a new tunnel section with lots of ores to pickup :smile:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Inside a mine, there is a pirate treasure hunter skeleton boss that drops tons of rum and a map;

that map leads to a sunken boat adventure far far away;

inside that boat, there is a key you need to find under the many bodies of skeletons you've just killed;

that key, is the key to open a gate at the end of an epic dungeon;

that gate leads to...

[spoiler]the initial mine

[/spoiler]

• A lake of lava that swallows you whole
  • A solitary fossilised sandal.....
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Corrupted Ore, I'd love being able to control corruption and divinity in a physical form to create legendary glowing weapons and armor. 

Edit: I assume Divinity is a thing because the portals and some stones have a blue version of corruption on them. 
  • The Batcave.
    Rock golems,
    Giant serpents lair, 
    Spider infested cave,
    Sex dungeon,
    Rare expensive Fossils,
    Saitama, fighting The Subterranean King.