Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Explorers?

I have mostly seen people talk about Raiding, PvP and trading so I wonder..
Where are my fellow explorers? :D 
Who among you will focus on exploring?
Also, what will your focus in exploring be?
What do you search for?
(Treasures, Secrets, Mounts, Resources, new land?)
And why did you decide to go Exploring? :D 

My focus will be Lore, Story and Myth
In my search for Legendaries, hidden treasures and secrets.
As for why, because it's finally a posibility and because I love trying to put together bits and pieces of puzzles, hints and clues to try and figure out the secrets held within :P

Comments

• By Bartle score is:
    Explorer 87%; Socializer 73% ; Achiever 47%; Killer 0%

I search for all kinds of stuff, but first and foremost, I want to see as much of the world as possible.
  • I explore to see as many unique sights as possible. I don't necessarily care if I am there first as long as I see it in the game before I see it online. Hidden tree groves, waterfalls, lakes/ponds, and scenic view spots are some of my favorites.

I love adding map markers, i.e. "Town A," Bridge B," and so forth as well. So when it is time for me to quit I usually say, "one more discovery and then I'll stop." As opposed to "one more level" or "one more mob."

The treasure comes naturally but in general that's not what I am looking for. Although I usually don't play mage or ranger as primary or secondary I am tempted this time around because of their detect hidden location abilities.
  • My exploring will be done using the best GPS in Verra - @Dygz ;)
  • From what Steven says, exploration will be a core part of Ashes.

• I will explore every zone to find new enemies and hopefully cool items. I like discovering lore and figuring out what is happening in the world and the importance of every thing in it. 
  • Azathoth said:
    I explore to see as many unique sights as possible. I don't necessarily care if I am there first as long as I see it in the game before I see it online. Hidden tree groves, waterfalls, lakes/ponds, and scenic view spots are some of my favorites.

I love adding map markers, i.e. "Town A," Bridge B," and so forth as well. So when it is time for me to quit I usually say, "one more discovery and then I'll stop." As opposed to "one more level" or "one more mob."

The treasure comes naturally but in general that's not what I am looking for. Although I usually don't play mage or ranger as primary or secondary I am tempted this time around because of their detect hidden location abilities.
    I agree...I normally explore to find and see new things, make important discoveries or just clear my head for an hour or six...
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    talk to @Harue hes a exploration guild.

@Ziltch
  • Fleelix said:
    talk to @Harue hes a exploration guild.

@Ziltch
    Not looking for a Guild, just curious as to what reasons other people have to exploring ;) 
  • Rewards for exploration should offer more than xp. Lore, hidden chests, recipes of some kind, collectables(EQ2 "?" have been a blast), hidden npcs/quests, or even recource nodes with/out rare stuff could be good additions.

I like to stroll around for just that kind of things. Fighting the troll to see what is inside the book of the camp this troll has invaded, or inside the chest over there intrigues me.
  • Goemoe said:
    Rewards for exploration should offer more than xp. Lore, hidden chests, recipes of some kind, collectables(EQ2 "?" have been a blast), hidden npcs/quests, or even recource nodes with/out rare stuff could be good additions.

I like to stroll around for just that kind of things. Fighting the troll to see what is inside the book of the camp this troll has invaded, or inside the chest over there intrigues me.
    They will, that's the awesome part :D 
    There will be hidden quests and hidden treasures :P 

• As much as I love PvP, and social aspects of MMOs I usually find myself bored of the repeatitive grinding, and absolutely adore just running aorund the world and discovering it's nooks and crannies for myself. Even if I don't find treasure or anything like that, just finding something that I find cool and fun to look at, is usually enough for me, and will probably become a reason I continue to play the game. Even if it's something as simple as I discovered a little cave behind a waterfall that's not really there to serve a purpose, just there. 

Exploration is probably some of the most fun you can have in the right circumstances, and if you're doing it just to see cool things and not get anything out of it. Though the fact that exploration and hidden areas are a core part of AoC is going to make the experience all the better. See you all out there when we're exploring the world <3
  • My exploration will be guides by quests, or maybe boredom that will force me to start exploring.

I mostly dedicate my time on gaining power and making profit, so exploring is usually the last resort of activities I do. Regardless, I do like exploring.
  • We Home, are exploring and adventuring to seek knowledge.

Within this guild we're aiming to explore places never seen before so we can lay our hands onto the knowledge or an thrill of adventuring.

A journey is simply the pleasure of the open road and the thrill of adventure, while for others, it is the road from rags to riches and glory.

Knowing it all, is an achievement that not all can be earned so easily.

• Ziltch said:
    I have mostly seen people talk about Raiding, PvP and trading so I wonder..
    Where are my fellow explorers? :D 
    Who among you will focus on exploring?
    Also, what will your focus in exploring be?
    What do you search for?
    (Treasures, Secrets, Mounts, Resources, new land?)
    And why did you decide to go Exploring? :D 

My focus will be Lore, Story and Myth
    In my search for Legendaries, hidden treasures and secrets.
    As for why, because it's finally a posibility and because I love trying to put together bits and pieces of puzzles, hints and clues to try and figure out the secrets held within :P
    A person after my own phylactery. I love reading about lore in any game, and when it comes to ashes, I will leave no stone unturned, and I may even find some new tombs ^^
    edited October 2017
    I love exploration as well. It's interesting to see all the details the developers put into the map and if possible, it's cool to interact with them.
  • I always felt like exploration as primary activity isn't challenging enough. I will do it of course, when I need a break from the challenging content, but it definitely won't be my primary reason to get into ashes. 
  • In Skyrim, I would collect ever book I found and put them in my home in Markarth to read. Reading those books while I ate lunch were some of the most entertaining moments of that game. Especially the first time I read a "Lusty Argonian Maid" novel lmao. There was so much lore that could be gained from books in that game
  • Zastro said:
    In Skyrim, I would collect ever book I found and put them in my home in Markarth to read. Reading those books while I ate lunch were some of the most entertaining moments of that game. Especially the first time I read a "Lusty Argonian Maid" novel lmao. There was so much lore that could be gained from books in that game
    Hahaha xD I did that too :P
    Had a house fully devoted to magic and science, ah I miss my library house now xD
    Only sad part for me was how they gave quest pointers to the hidden locations your read about in the books if there was something to be found, would have been so much more fun if they did not :P 
  • Ruby437 said:
    I always felt like exploration as primary activity isn't challenging enough. I will do it of course, when I need a break from the challenging content, but it definitely won't be my primary reason to get into ashes. 
    Each time I level, I always explore as far as possible before reaching an area where my stealth is ineffective and I can be killed in one shot.

Exploration is as challenging as you want it to be.
  • Love exploring.  I like filling in the maps, beautiful scenery, little unexpected sights like a cat sleeping on a bed with the a ray of sunshine coming thru the window in a very dangerous house full of mobs.  It was such a sweet scene.  Of course there are treasures, resources, etc. to sweeten the deal.  Love humor, and hope to find that also.
  • I'll definitely be visiting most, if not all, of the nodes to find a home base
  • Yeah I definitely get the feeling that with no quick travel, open world pvp and hidden legendaries everywhere exploitation is going to be more of a challenge than past mmos.

I explore for completion and for the thrill of finding a new path. :)
  • I will be climbing the tallest mountains and delving the deepest caves/mines, all on the hunt for those rare resources.
  • Camnesia said:
    I will be climbing the tallest mountains and delving the deepest caves/mines, all on the hunt for those rare resources.
    This raises a serious question, will mountaineering be a thing? :D
  • For over 20 years my first priority has been exploring and seeing how far I could roam as a young'n.  After all what child doesn't like to roam off and check out every nook and cranny?   Why should children have all the fun!  

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
                                  --
    Robert Frost

• Mann how do you follow a post like @CylverRayne. =)   I will definitely be 100% Explorer!! I love seeing things for the first time and getting lost bc I don't know what is around the corner. I am thinking Ranger/Rogue or Mage/?? whichever seems the best for exploring at first will be the one I play.
  • Khazgul said:
    Mann how do you follow a post like @CylverRayne. =)   I will definitely be 100% Explorer!! I love seeing things for the first time and getting lost bc I don't know what is around the corner. I am thinking Ranger/Rogue or Mage/?? whichever seems the best for exploring at first will be the one I play.
    For me it will most likely be Rogue/X 
    For the stealth :P 
    Haven't decided on the sub thought as I would have to look at the abilities to judge which is better for exploration :P Maybe Mage for teleport effects. 
    edited October 2017
    "In that dread desert, beneath the moon´s pale gaze, dead men walk. They haunt the shifting dunes of the breathless, windless night, brandish weapons of bronze in mocking challenge and bitter resentment of the life they no longer possess. And sometimes, in ghastly dry voices, like the rustling of sun-baked reeds, they whisper the one word they remember from life. The Name of the one who cursed them to their existence, more than death but less than life. They whisper the name, Nagash."

I will leave my mark on the world so others may follow 
  • nagash said:
    "In that dread desert, beneath the moon´s pale gaze, dead men walk. They haunt the shifting dunes of the breathless, windless night, brandish weapons of bronze in mocking challenge and bitter resentment of the life they no longer possess. And sometimes, in ghastly dry voices, like the rustling of sun-baked reeds, they whisper the one word they remember from life. The Name of the one who cursed them to their existence, more than death but less than life. They whisper the name, Nagash."

I will leave my mark on the world so others may follow 
    Good idea

Ziltch was here
  • Hahahaha EQ2 has a few mark-able items in the world that people can leave their name on as being there.  Fun idea, and in the older days the name stayed at least a day before some else could change it.  Now, it can be changed after 5 minutes.