Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Red players picking up bounties

I'm not sure if this is known yet. I am curious if red players will be able to pick up bounties on other targets?

What I would propose is that red players also are able to pick up bounties, but they need to go to different NPCs that will deal with them. Those shady dealer NPCs could also offer bounties so even red players can pick them up.

Perhaps this bounty system could work on a bit different rules, assuming, profits, target selection etc.

NOTE: This is not about potential assassination content. This is only about regular bounty system.

Comments

• I like this idea. Not all bandits are always on the same side. And they are kind of doing a "good" thing if they hunt each other down and would probably have a blast doing so.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Could even remove some of their corruption upon completing the contracts.

However, it would open up for Corrupt players working together to kill each other in a different way than before, so there are some drawbacks aswell. 
  • Ziltch said:

However, it would open up for Corrupt players working together to kill each other in a different way than before, so there are some drawbacks aswell. 
    No need for corruption removal in this system. Or it could be minor and have a daily cap or something.
  • did someone say bounty hunter 

• Gothix said:
    Ziltch said:

No need for corruption removal in this system. Or it could be minor and have a daily cap or something.
    Indeed no need, was just a suggestion :P Besides, they already have plenty of enough reason to hunt eachother. They drop gear. Why would they not want to kill eachother for loot? xD
  • It not might not be a bad idea to allow red players to bounty other reds for corruption reduction. Clean up the land in exchange for lighter sentence  ;)
    edited September 2017
    DevonMeep said:
    It not might not be a bad idea to allow red players to bounty other reds for corruption reduction. Clean up the land in exchange for lighter sentence  ;)
    Shouldn't clean it up too much per bounty though, or should have a cap, else they might just cooperate to abuse the system ;)
    But yeah, that was the general idea :D
  • although rewards should be way lower then regular bounties 

• Sounds like the perfect way to implement an actual "Assassin's Guild" , almost identical to the Bounty Hunter's "guild" or whatnot, except you have to be corrupted to participate.
  • If I understood bounties correctly, then it being handled on a node-by-node basis doesn't make sense. Them picking up bounties should be at a worse rate, considering that the person giving them the money takes a cut for dealing with a wanted man, they either accept the lower rate or get nothing. Also it could be abused if used in specific cases (e.g. a low level corrupted player being used to farm currency), but I'm sure intrepid would think of that and prevent it from happening.
  • should depend on the NODE leadership, outlaw towns could be a thing with that decision, and with how AOC wants to be it sounds like should allow the leaders make the rules in their towns to allow leeway for outlaws or not. hell could go all the way and have bounties be charged a tax and less then reputable types pay more, or get paid less for reductions to their reputation. just a thought from a LN I've read.
    edited October 2017
    MrMcDemo said:
    should depend on the NODE leadership, outlaw towns could be a thing with that decision, and with how AOC wants to be it sounds like should allow the leaders make the rules in their towns to allow leeway for outlaws or not. hell could go all the way and have bounties be charged a tax and less then reputable types pay more, or get paid less for reductions to their reputation. just a thought from a LN I've read.

Would be funny if all town leaderships ended up bandit inclined, and then they allow only red players to pick up bounties, and non red players not.

Wonder how happy you would be then. xD
  • Had there not been a multiple choice I probably would've gone with a yes, but I actually think the node leadership deciding is a cool idea. It would give even more immersion and another facet to being part of said leadership.
  • Hello, liberals.