Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Podcast] From The Ashes Episode 22: Player Union

From The Ashes Episode 22: Player Union  - The Ashes of Creation podcast produced by The Dungeon Crawler Network! Join Aggelos and Thais, the Founders of The Dungeon Crawler Network, as they bear witness the rebirth of the MMORPG genre from the ashes of an industry that has left gamers behind!

This week, Aggelos is joined by Thais for a special Pillars of Creation segment where the pair sit down to discuss the idea of player unions through marriage. We analysis what other games have done for player unions in the past and see what would fit into Ashes of Creation.

If you would like to join The Dungeon Crawler Network Guild in Ashes of Creation, follow the link below:

The Dungeon Crawler Network Guild - Application

Show Notes:

• Pillars of Creation: Thoughts on Player Union/Marriage

Podcast Information:

If you wish to support From The Ashes and The Dungeon Crawler Network, consider clicking the donate link on the bottom of our website or by supporting us over at our Patreon Page, Patreon.com/DungeonCrawlerNetwork or by using our Ashes of Creation Referral Link below! You can also support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel, leaving us a review on iTunes and Google Play, or by telling a friend about us!

Comments

• lexmax said:
    :+1:
    Thanks for the thumbs up @lexmax :D was a fun topic to cover with my real life wife.
  • Aggelos said:
    lexmax said:
    Thanks for the thumbs up @lexmax :D was a fun topic to cover with my real life wife.
    Ajellys wife?? I gotta see now!
  • Just spent my evening catching up with episode 22. Still enjoying your work as much as the first time I saw it. Keep up the great work :)
  • Chudyie said:
    Aggelos said:
    lexmax said:
    Ajellys wife?? I gotta see now!
    Lol so glad to see that nickname is sticking lol
  • Kratz said:
    Just spent my evening catching up with episode 22. Still enjoying your work as much as the first time I saw it. Keep up the great work :)
    Thank you so much Kratz! That means a ton!
  • Thanks again for the great work will give me something to do this evening.
  • Looking very much forward to this! <3
  • Hope you enjoy it @Varkun :D We did have some fun theory crafting stuff that we would like to see and what we wouldn't like to see in Ashes of Creation.
  • I did yes,@Aggelos, a marriage system is not something I have honestly given much thought to myself yet others would clearly enjoy and embrace an in depth system. While the perks of a marriage system would have to fit the lore of ashes if done well it really could add another layer of immersion, though it must be balanced and as was pointed out any benefits should not become essential for game play.
    Things like fast travel would essentially be lore breaking as far as ashes is concerned, experience bonuses could be open to RMT if they provided too much of a boost or if relationship's are too easily entered into and broken. Shared banking is an interesting idea, are those extra bank slots worth the risk, for me no lol.
    Am looking forward to next weeks episode, thank you both.
  • Until you announced it, I didn't realize @Thais was your wife.  Woohoo!  Enjoyed the discussion.