Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Suggestion] Disable chat function while character is dead

2»

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Gothix said:
    Karthos said:
    Words are wind.

Always the words I try to live by. Unless I'm actually trying to make a point in a debate, I don't waste alot of time worrying about what some nerd 2000mi away says in s moment of anger

And what if it's not a nerd? :p
    if he takes his dead so serious and has to flame his murder, then he must be a nerd.
  • The dead don't speak unless you're @Nagash.
  • The dead don't speak unless you're @Nagash.
    The boney one is so talented! ;)

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I don't think it will make a difference either way. Disabled or not, some players will always find a way to be immature.
  • I think it would be more immersive and it'd help cut back on the crap talking. However I think it'd be awful when it comes to camping. Maybe only have local chats disabled like zone, say, whisper, and yell. Just allow for guild chat
  • Loyheta said:
    I think it would be more immersive and it'd help cut back on the crap talking. However I think it'd be awful when it comes to camping. Maybe only have local chats disabled like zone, say, whisper, and yell. Just allow for guild chat
    so if someone is camping my ass, im unable to talk with a friend via whisper chat?
    if so many ppl want a mute function because the game feels more "immersive" then full mute or nothing because it will always have some flaws.
  • Spawn points will likely have a safe zone. If you want to whisper your friend to compain how someone killed you, click the respawn button.
  • Dont care about kidos, but it's still nice to discuss whith someone that say "gg" or anything nice to you when he is dead, or if u wanna ask hiw something related to the fight. This is not worth to mute everyone for kidos like i said.
  • I agree that the 'public' chat should be disabled, but I still think that you should be able to message friend, guilds etc.

If there's a map with you on it, they will still be able to see where you died anyways.
  • Badde00 said:
    I agree that the 'public' chat should be disabled, but I still think that you should be able to message friend, guilds etc.

If there's a map with you on it, they will still be able to see where you died anyways.
    Possibly that public chat is on when you die if your'e in a PvP zone or something