Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

VAMPIRE - MASQUERADE REDEMPTION - Immersiveness that should be considered

Hi, Id like to suggest developers to use some ideas from the most immersive game I had played In my life (not talking about vampire bloodlines) only about Vampire masquerade redemption. following some reasons why I liked so much about this game:

1 - sound effects is amazing even today, when you hit mobs in combat you can hear convincingly sword cutting their flesh or when you bash enemies metal armors with a hammer.

2 - the background soundtrack behind when you are in dungeons is like some Gregorian monges singing(example carmina burana) it make you feel apprehensive expecting that some dangerous will appear suddenly, and that's give you feeling of total immersiveness.

3 - great lore and story

4 - The audio voices and narrators are great

5 - the idea of suck  blood from enemies to heal yourself is very nice, as well suck blood from wrist allies.

well I BEG for developers look at this old game and look for any others immersive aspects that I cant explain in words but are very amazing and would greatly benefit this game that we are all love even before it exist yet.

Comments

• I remember that game. My buddy had it and I recall the dialogue being super long to the point we stopped playing after we realized you did nothing but get talked at the whole time.

Jeff said in a stream they are trying to avoid long drawn out quest text because people just skip it.
  • well better look yourselves what I am talking about....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAYF8kbpc8

look at background music and sound effect while fighting, god I really enjoy play that, I finished this game about 5 times... lol

• Karthos said:
    I remember that game. My buddy had it and I recall the dialogue being super long to the point we stopped playing after we realized you did nothing but get talked at the whole time.

Jeff said in a stream they are trying to avoid long drawn out quest text because people just skip it.

Agreed Karthos, that were a lot of talk in beginning but this change later, the main char become a vampire and got some friends in a party and the game transform totally after couple of hours.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017

one aspect I liked also is that most of the mobs pull was challenging, if you don't use specific spells or don't use crowd control properly you could easily die...

so I think this is one aspect that make the game interesting, if you kill all mobs easily without planning the game becomes very boring....

• 1. Sound effects - Hopefully we get good ones.
    2. Background music - We already have a great composer, consider that done.
    3. Lore - consider that done too
    4. Narrators - I usually play with voice off, so I don't care
    5. Sucking blood for health doesn't fit into AoC
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I think a vampire race or class would be nice, see... Vampires have their history starting in medieval times (Vlad Dracula, a medieval ruler of Wallachia), so I think that Vampires would fit very well in a fantasy world like AoC.
  • Always fun when people mention they enjoyed a game I worked on.
    Especially VtM, since that's the RPG that inspired me to work in the video game industry.
    ❤️

• I love VtMB and I love vampires in general but I still want lichs more than vampirse 
  • I just don't get this whole vampire thing in popular culture, guess its an escape from reality.

• Dygz said:
    Always fun when people mention they enjoyed a game I worked on.
    Especially VtM, since that's the RPG that inspired me to work in the video game industry.
    ❤️

Really? so nice know someone who worked in this game, I really loved play VtmRedemption, great job done in a time lacking of good rpgs games.

• Varkun said:
    I just don't get this whole vampire thing in popular culture, guess its an escape from reality.

Indeed is an escape from reality Varkun, however is not Goblins, orcs, dragons and elfs as well ? Id like to see some vampires thing in AoC...

• I will share that the team is extremely devoted to lore and I have high expectation that this game will deliver that and more =)
  • Varkun said:
    I just don't get this whole vampire thing in popular culture, guess its an escape from reality.

Indeed is an escape from reality Varkun, however is not Goblins, orcs, dragons and elfs as well ? Id like to see some vampires thing in AoC...

Yes that is very true but they seem to be a much larger part of popular culture than orcs, goblins, dragons, and those lettuce eaters. 
  • Go for the immersion!

Vampires.... meh.... I'd personally rather they looked at other non main stream creatures first ... Gorgons anyone? 
  • Megs said:
    Go for the immersion!

Vampires.... meh.... I'd personally rather they looked at other non main stream creatures first ... Gorgons anyone? 
    how about a lich  ;)
  • Only room for one @nagash :smile:
  • Megs said:
    Only room for one @nagash :smile:
    well I have to have some mortarchs to serve me as captains  
  • Nope.
  • shame
  • Aw, now I feel bad for being a moose.
    Just look at those cute holes where the puppy dog eyes would be.
    Ok, you can have some lichs.

• Like a pen and paper gorgon that turns you to stone with its breath, much like @Kratz after a big nite at the tavern.