Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please don't let this be an ESO 2.0!

Elder Scrolls Online offers hundreds of combinations, a little like what AoC seem to be aiming for, and I'm all for that! But with this many combinations and the additions of their whole mindset of everything giving X.XXXXXX% to a stat or defense or damage, the game is now just a big number cruncher and only 2-3 builds are actually viable for PvE and another 3 for PvP. I'm really hoping that the devs will keep this issue in mind and stay away from that whole deal. I love the example of the Mage augment to the Fighter ''Charge'' skill, giving it a teleport augment, and it really needs to stay that way instead of just giving a slight X.XXX% damage increase and stuff like that.

I have such high hopes for this game and I will support it like crazy, on the kickstarter and on the discord/forums/social medias, but <strong><em>please</strong></em> stay away from the number crunching mechanics. It seems easy to just do that instead of thinking of others things to make class combinations stand out, but it breaks the game and makes it impossible to balance in the long run. Additionnally, it gives place to only a couple of viable build that really push out max stats, which makes other build impossible to compete with them since they don't have the same defense/attack stats.

TL;DR Don't focus on giving percentage boosts to stats, don't let this game become ESO 2.0, <em><strong>make every combination viable by staying away from X.XX% boosts from secondary classes/armor types/races.</em></strong>

Comments

• Well, I mean considering they've outright SAID from steven, that they plan on allowing all classes to wield any weapon and armor, however there's a certain armor/weapon that the class may be more... proficient at, not sure at all about how Races will factor into it.
  • Elder Scrolls Online offers hundreds of combinations, a little like what AoC seem to be aiming for, and I'm all for that! But with this many combinations and the additions of their whole mindset of everything giving X.XXXXXX% to a stat or defense or damage, the game is now just a big number cruncher and only 2-3 builds are actually viable for PvE and another 3 for PvP. I'm really hoping that the devs will keep this issue in mind and stay away from that whole deal. I love the example of the Mage augment to the Fighter ''Charge'' skill, giving it a teleport augment, and it really needs to stay that way instead of just giving a slight X.XXX% damage increase and stuff like that. I have such high hopes for this game and I will support it like crazy, on the kickstarter and on the discord/forums/social medias, but please stay away from the number crunching mechanics. It seems easy to just do that instead of thinking of others things to make class combinations stand out, but it breaks the game and makes it impossible to balance in the long run. Additionnally, it gives place to only a couple of viable build that really push out max stats, which makes other build impossible to compete with them since they don't have the same defense/attack stats. TL;DR Don't focus on giving percentage boosts to stats, don't let this game become ESO 2.0, make every combination viable by staying away from X.XX% boosts from secondary classes/armor types/races.