Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Stream 16th Oct : Alpha 0 images

16th of October stream was amazing! Here are screenshots of all the images shared! 
Beware there is a lot!

Comments

• Loving the screens! The excitement is going to kill me! How am I going to survive this wait!
  • I wish they would finally release some more wallpapers. My eyes are bleeding at the press kit quality D:
  • Thank you @Diura

• Every hour spent tasking someone with producing shiny gameplay vids and non essential hype material is an hour not spent actually working on the game.

Though I would prefer the livestream not to be Steven regurgitating patch notes for 50 minutes, then answering softball questions that give no real new information for a whopping 10 minutes. What did we get? Musings on node mechanics that should have been outlined in the promised next node blog entry from months ago, number of portals and Tulnar starting area, which had already been discussed, freeholds no new info given just "bestest thing ever" generalities, stall mechanics, again nothing really new for info, and finally secondary archetypes, nothing specific, just "yep, it will have an impact."
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I really like the river and the cracks in the walls. They assets are filled with beautiful detail, even this early on. To a couple of people, this might not have seemed like a lot of progress, but 3D modelling with that level of detail is a difficult job and I'm glad to see the project develop.
  • Thank you for this @Diura the screen shots of the environments are just jaw dropping, to think that I will be able to run through a game world this beautiful is just amazing. Truly am going to love exploring this world.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    that looks like a mausoleum ^^
    also thanks
  • Thanks  @Diura!  
  • I wonder how long it takes until games will have a reduced diffrence between ground texture and object texture quality. Objects get neat normals and stuff, while the terrain recieves no love from any advanced methods, just low poly and possibly high res png at best. 

Also the translation between land and water is way too smooth. But thats a minor issue.

Apart from that very cool pictures!
  • Thanks again @Diura ;)
    + other screens : 

• Amazing screens. I can't wait to be in this world.
  • Thanks @Diura for your hard work. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some HD wallpapers soon. :)
  • I keep coming back to this thread just to look at these screen shots, some wall papers would be really nice though. Who in the very busy AOC team needs a nudge to make that happen ;)
  • Every hour spent tasking someone with producing shiny gameplay vids and non essential hype material is an hour not spent actually working on the game.

Though I would prefer the livestream not to be Steven regurgitating patch notes for 50 minutes, then answering softball questions that give no real new information for a whopping 10 minutes. What did we get? Musings on node mechanics that should have been outlined in the promised next node blog entry from months ago, number of portals and Tulnar starting area, which had already been discussed, freeholds no new info given just "bestest thing ever" generalities, stall mechanics, again nothing really new for info, and finally secondary archetypes, nothing specific, just "yep, it will have an impact."
    In any aspect of life some weeks go by and nothing seems to change, until it all suddenly shifts or comes together at once.

Here's hoping that you find yourself more satisfied with the next stream, however I think it's fairly clear by now that Steven and the team are playing everything exceedingly close to their chest. Until launch, it's all going to be guesswork and estimations.

I think we just keep feeding back to them, helping them brainstorm or look at things another way, build the community up, keep things positive and smile and nod knowingly when we get to see the shineys like this. <3