Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will the game have a bank system to store things?

I was wondering and couldn't find anything in the forums about storage.  Will the game have a bank system or is it store it in your house/node?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    As far as i know there is a bank in each node but banks are localized.
  • There won't be Banks per see, they're called Warehouses.
    And yeah, each Warehouse will be specific to that Node, ie, you won't be able to access what you have in your Freehold and other Nodes from a Node, only what you have stored in that Node. 
    You can store stuff in your Freehold (guessing Node housing as well) but how much I do not know. 
  • yes localized depending on your home node

• Would kind of negate a couple of their pillars if you could put 20000 ore in the bank, travel 5 nodes over and withdraw it to put on that local market. Since gear is not going to be boe/bop and can be sold after being used, making warehouses node localized is most likely going to be standard.
  • Each node will have their own local warehouses. In order to transfer stuff between them, you will need caravans. There is a risk of losing items you transfer if your caravan is attacked.
  • I'm going to keep all my finest booze in my bank

• I hope we can store much cause i like to bulk and gather.
  • We don't know much about storage space at the moment :(

We know space will be restricted for inventory items and it will most likely be the same for warehouse/banks.

As mentioned above its all to encourage trading :3

I'm the same as @Fleelix ! I'm a magpie gatherer and usually enjoy gathering and storing!  Then I just look at my beautiful stacks of items :3 

Will be fun to see what we magpies  will do in Ashes!
  • Diura said:
    We don't know much about storage space at the moment :(

We know space will be restricted for inventory items and it will most likely be the same for warehouse/banks.

I'm the same as @Fleelix ! I'm a magpie gatherer and usually enjoy gathering and storing!  Then I just look at my beautiful stacks of items :3 

So true xD Going to you bank and see it full with shiny ores and metals :0 makes you feel like a king/queen.
  • Fleelix said:
    Diura said:

So true xD Going to you bank and see it full with shiny ores and metals :0 makes you feel like a king/queen.
    We probably would be if we sold them! But no! It's like losing part of our soul when you have to split/sell a stack! Haha

Think I've found my gathering buddeh xD
  • Diura said:
    Fleelix said:
    Diura said:

We probably would be if we sold them! But no! It's like losing part of our soul when you have to split/sell a stack! Haha

Think I've found my gathering buddeh xD
    Also true haha xD
  • It will be interesting to see how much you will be able to store in your freehold plus any house in town and what can be stored in any bank within the main town/city or at what level a node gains access to such institutions. How will you be able to access your goods while crafting, will you have to have the crafting materials in your possession, what if you are on your freehold yet the materials you need are in a bank in the city. There could be a lot of back and forth if you don't get your storage sorted.
    I too am a packrat when it comes to crafting materials, I harvest it thus it will be hoarded away, I sell nothing. I always end up sitting on a vast hoard of crafting materials and when a guildie needs that one special item crafted no problem I have the mats, free of charge naturally. There may even need to be multiple characters just to keep my stash.
  • Fleelix said:
    Diura said:

Ah yes, which is why I quit GW2 after I lost all my stuff. Character deleted, not that bad, losing legendaries, not that bad, losing all of the materials I had gathered and filled my bank with... Devastating T_T
  • Are they going to make backpack for sale in cash shop? Kinda defeats the purpose of crafting bags like most games do. Can't wait for the game to come out, hopefully it can bring back memories. I think out of all the games i played only subscription like FFXI was my most enjoyable game. Rest of games didn't last very long, 3 months...I was hyped about revelation online but that lasted .....3 months.....P2W and bots galore killed it.
  • Varkun said:

'...I too am a packrat when it comes to crafting materials, I harvest it thus it will be hoarded away, I sell nothing. I always end up sitting on a vast hoard of crafting materials and when a guildie needs that one special item crafted no problem I have the mats, free of charge naturally. There may even need to be multiple characters just to keep my stash...'
    This rings my bell. Wonder if you can hire a mercenary with both a large, virtually empty backpack and a really good set of weapons!?