Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PETS!!

Will pets have functionality? 
can you summon multiple pets at once? 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I just want a cuddly wee pet to keep me company.   
  • we have yet to see more info about the summoners so its hard to say
  • Well you can have your pet/ maybe pets, walking around in the house you own thats confirmed.
  • Pets for looting and/or other purposes would be nice.

Maybe a rare loot/mount pet combo?
  • If adding people to friends lists have to be in person, maybe a carrier pigeon could be a companion to send messages to other people.

I mean this as in maybe someone found your name on a board in town square saying you're looking for an item or that you're trying to sell an item? Also maybe it's  a way for people sending you the message that a quest you issued out has been completed or failed (Guessing that we could issue quests maybe??)

Of course, the pigeon would take time to arrive it's not instant like friends list chat.

There are lots of other ideas for companions/ pets as well. *Shrugs*

• A carrier pigeon msg thing would be cool

• Kalkaz said:
    If adding people to friends lists have to be in person, maybe a carrier pigeon could be a companion to send messages to other people.

I mean this as in maybe someone found your name on a board in town square saying you're looking for an item or that you're trying to sell an item? Also maybe it's  a way for people sending you the message that a quest you issued out has been completed or failed (Guessing that we could issue quests maybe??)

Of course, the pigeon would take time to arrive it's not instant like friends list chat.

There are lots of other ideas for companions/ pets as well. *Shrugs*

Could be a fun idea to see a pigeon come flying onto your screen, you've got mail.
  • I'm not sure about what this means for functionality, but Steven said that there will be battle pets and companion pets in a June livestream. Maybe pets will battle amongst each other, or maybe they will aid you in battle? Exciting either way!
  • pls dont make pets like in BDO pls dont no need to do so
  • I want NPC pets, to help in a fight.
  • BCGiant said:
    pls dont make pets like in BDO pls dont no need to do so
    Elaborate, why is it a problem to have loot pets?
  • I have to say one of things I did enjoy in BDO was loot pets.  I wouldn't mind having them as it helps keep the game moving.
  • Loot pets... hmm thinks back to that cheesey game fate. I hope I can make it sell stuff for me in town while I keep on slaughtering wolves or boar or whatever low level spawns cross my path.
  • Loot pets? I guess if everyone in your group is okay with them then they are not a problem. If your pet could collect loot that you didn't work for, that would be bad.
  • I just want a cuddly wee pet to keep me company.   
    I plan on practicing taxidermy in Ashes so I'll be in touch! On the house for you Cylver! ;) 
  • Please make aoe loot not something only pets can do. I don't like having to pay for that.
  • will just like pets that can pick up resources and stuff or at least mark them on map 
  • I have a pet dog 

• Azathoth said:
    Loot pets? I guess if everyone in your group is okay with them then they are not a problem. If your pet could collect loot that you didn't work for, that would be bad.
    I like loot pets, as in diablo 3 games. But MMORPG with loot pets :9 little bit off.
  • Please make aoe loot not something only pets can do. I don't like having to pay for that.
    If there are pets they wont be from cash shop. There wont be anything that you need to pay with real money that can give you any advantage in statistics there.
  • "Could be a fun idea to see a pigeon come flying onto your screen, you've got mail. "

Rocket ravens from Game of Thrones that deliver mail very very fast.
  • As pets go, a ferret thief would suit me and seeing through my falcons eyes as he hunts down my targets would be nice.
  • Cerebal-X said:
    As pets go, a ferret thief would suit me and seeing through my falcons eyes as he hunts down my targets would be nice.
    A bird of prey that puts an alert on your screen when an enemy or stealther approaches. 
  • nagash said:
    I have a pet dog 

Feels like your a Tim Burton character lol
  • Thadgar said:
    A carrier pigeon msg thing would be cool

"Could be a fun idea to see a pigeon come flying onto your screen, you've got mail. "

Rocket ravens from Game of Thrones that deliver mail very very fast.
    As long as they're visible all the way...for immersion purposes....

*flys around on dragon intercepting mail*
    *shoots down carrier pidgeon for lunch*
  • A collection of pets in the form of Pokemon please!!! 
  • I just want a horde of cute fuzzy woddland critters like squirrels, chipmonks and rabbits that follow me around like my own adorable posse, until I cast Feral Rage. Then they eat whatever is in front of me.
  • Wolfwall said:
    A collection of pets in the form of Pokemon please!!! 

A collection of pokewhats?

Sorry I'm old don't pay a lot of attention to what you youngsters are into.

But pets are something I don't tend to worry about collecting or have running around but others love it so I say more pets = more things in game other like = a healthier community.
  • I just want a horde of cute fuzzy woddland critters like squirrels, chipmonks and rabbits that follow me around like my own adorable posse, until I cast Feral Rage. Then they eat whatever is in front of me.
    I just want a bunch of duck looking critters that do no damage but slow enemies and yell "NICO NICO NII" really loudly and in the most obnoxious voice you can think of. I will be playing a tank as well so torture is the best kind of fun :smiley:

• I would like a boa constrictor that wraps around my character outside of combat and during combat it slithers around restraining and or slowing enemies.