Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild Leader Summit

GUILD LEADERS

I will be hosting a leader only summit here in the Ashes Discussion voice channel to peacefully resolve a guild-related incident. Seeing as we're all responsible adults I feel we're capable of resolving this drama-free and without community moderator involvement. Community mods, however, are more than free to attend.

Today at:
  •  4:30pm EDT
  •  1:30 PDT
  •  10:30 CEST

***Update 

This summit is less about the incident and more about creating a leveled diplomatic platform that the Ashes community, at least guilds, can use to work things out “on the table”.

To prevent drama from escalating any faster it is important that the details are discussed during the summit.

I’d ask as representatives of your respective guilds that you attend, disregarding the here-say going around the Ashes community.

Comments

• Can you please give some background into this as you are asking for guild s to come to a meeting with out any info 
  • Whats the incident ? Or what am i missing lately.
  • Add more info. 
  • I think another guild leader mocked him and now hes upset. Thats the general gist of it.
  • If your a guild leader and you can't take people talking crap about you then you shouldn't be a guild leader. Deal with it or get out.

F.Y.I. If you don't want people being honest with you then don't bother showing up anywhere.
  • dammit nagash i burst out laughing when I seen that and im at work right now :P 
  • If your a guild leader and you can't take people talking crap about you then you shouldn't be a guild leader. Deal with it or get out.

F.Y.I. If you don't want people being honest with you then don't bother showing up anywhere.
    I'm all for a drama free environment and guilds respecting one another, but this is the truth. Especially if you run a guild that is doing world/server first or dominating in PvP, you are in even bigger target. That's the nature of things and it's part of being a good leader, being able to ignore what people say about you and/or use that feedback productively.
  • Don't you think it's a bit rude to post a message for an event on the same day? It's showing a lack of consideration of other people and their time. Maybe you could push it out for a week or two so they can plan. 
  • I just saw this and I believe the discussion has already concluded. I probably would have attended even though I am not familiar with the drama that has happened.

I normally stay away from Discord for a couple of reasons:
    - it is hard to have any kind of quality discussions and keeping track of replies as on the forum
    - there is mostly small talk about what certain users had for lunch or how the weather is currently.
    - toxicity, especially in certain channels where there should be none

We are still pretty much thrown into the same basket and should be divided into our respective regions, but I won't point any fingers towards a certain region being overly more toxic than the rest.

However, guild leader diplomacy is a good thing and I would actually like to see it happen. The diplomacy channel on discord does not seem to be the place for that from what I have seen.

• Next time I'll just come by with my tape measure and we can settle it all once and for all. 
  • Guild leader diplomacy is a good thing and what @FliP pointed out "The diplomacy channel on discord does not seem to be the place for that ...". Discord is nice to have, but at the same time a daaam messed up area to walk into. I found it also strange (for what I can see in this discussion) that this "event" is created just because there is a drama. If you let things get to your head, then drama happens. Better kill it from the start. 
    Guild leader diplomacy thing should come naturally and not based on personal gain or history events :smiley: + and on the same daam, that's to much to ask haha :D
    Enjoy the evening/day and eat some popcorn on the haters XD

• Seriously?   Ashes is 2 years down the road and a guild leader is squabbling like  a little child already?  When I first read the title I thought perhaps there would be talk surrounding alliances.  Boy did I have a good laugh!    Drama just clings to certain people.   
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I caught this so-called summit as it was ending. The first thing I was greeted with was a barrage of insults and the guilds left in there attacking a guy for his comments. 
    I read all the older postings and gathered what happened prior and it was ridiculous. 

It turned out to be no more than children with hurt feelings lashing out. 
    When I called everyone out on their behavior I was met with ego and narcissistic remarks. 
    Toxicity has no place in AOC community, despite your excuses of it being the norm in sandbox mmos. 

In conclusion bad idea and poor execution. 
  • makinoji said:
    I caught this so-called summit as it was ending. The first thing I was greeted with was a barrage of insults and the guilds left in there attacking a guy for his comments. 
    I read all the older postings and gathered what happened prior and it was ridiculous. 

When I called everyone out on their behavior I was met with ego and narcissistic remarks. Sorry if you think I will bend like your guildmates do but you have the wrong person. 

Toxicity has no place in AOC community, despite your excuses of it being the norm in sandbox mmos. 

Well said.
  • makinoji said:

When I called everyone out on their behavior I was met with ego and narcissistic remarks. 

In Tera I was the leader of the "Crazy Squiggles" and I have never dealt with anything like that because of my motto that everyone in mine and all our allied guilds were required to live by "Livin and lovin life!"

I can safely say that kind of behavior will not survive in any mmo. I have heard of big guilds falling apart because of that nonsense but they never make it very far. So to say it's the "norm" makes them all just plain ridiculous.

F.Y.I. if the ones who were acting like 5 year olds see this our alliance was not small, it was always over 3000 people even when the server started to die.
  • When I saw the title of this I thought it would be about alliances or just getting to know each other but now that I see it was just about drama. I couldn't be bothered and wouldn't attend even if it wasn't same day.

@nagash props to you, you made me chuckle yet again
  • someone needs to ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Guild Leader summit aftermath;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMklluLXajg
  • Teyloune said:
    Guild Leader summit aftermath;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMklluLXajg
    made my day!!
  • @Teyloune @BCGiant I'm listening in on the discord conversation, I'd join in and ask for all the juicy details but my gf's sleeping next to me. 2am here.
  • lmoa the game isn't even out yet why are you people yelling at each other already
  • Calling that summit just made things worse for your guild man. 
  • I did listen to some of it then decided life was too short.
  • Wait, so being 20, paying your own bills and having a car is the requirement to being a respected adult?!

I've been doing it wrong :(
  • Live with my mom pay half the bills for the house, car, food, video games, and anything else I deem necessary.

I am definitely not doing it right but love my life anyways :smile:

• [1. General - Barrens] [Mr_Pragmatic]: I demand justice!
    [3. Local Defense]: Chuck Norris crits Mr_Pragatic with Hammer of Justice for over 9000.
    [1. General - Barrens] [Chuck Norris]:  ./popcorn

• I don't even stream.  :|