Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha Zero and "Braver of worlds"

I have yet to see any post by official sources on how they justified charging 500$ for the earliest access to the game... Then changing this and giving it away in drawings while those who paid a substantial sum, will be waiting longer. 

Is there an official word on this somewhere?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Alpha 0 and the Alpha obtained by the Braver of Worlds package are not the same Alpha just fyi.

The only way to get into Alpha 0 is the drawings or winning a holiday contest at the moment. 
  • @Karthos has hit the nail on the head and the mods clarified this back in May.
  • Karthos said:
    Alpha 0 and the Alpha obtained by the Braver of Worlds package are not the same Alpha just fyi.

The only way to get into Alpha 0 is the drawings or winning a holiday contest at the moment. 
    While this might be true.... They have basically screwed over people who paid for "the earliest access to the game" 

Have they made an official statement regarding this?
    edited October 2017
    Clarified here. 

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6085/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings/p1

No they haven't screwed anyone who actually read or payed attention or didn't confuse wanting something with getting something.

Stop trying to start a controversy because you feel entitlement.
  • I think the issue is the wording of the pack, vs what A0 actually is. since its basically a weekend anyway... 

its not really an issue, and i clarified that on their discord moments ago :)

edited October 2017
    We've clarified this already on Discord, so I'll go ahead and close it. 

"Ok, so what I'm seeing here is the term "Access" seems to be the issue. Now, the earliest for the public to access the game at all is indeed Alpha 1 without any NDA. Alpha 0 is in-fact a pre-alpha for the community members that have been here since December and participating in the Key Drawing available on the main website - it's been there since the beginning, prior to Kickstarter. It is extremely limited in content, and will most likely not reflect the Alpha 1 content in any way. 

According to the FAQ on their Kickstarter, this info is also available there:

We’ll be doing continual testing of our game until launch, alpha and beta are included in this plan. Alpha 1 will be our very first “closed” test, followed by Alpha 2, Beta 1 and Beta 2. They will take place in that order, but exact dates of each test aren’t available at this time. Alpha 2 will remain active in a persistent state till launch, then will become our Public Test Server. (If you have a key from our weekly drawings, those keys give access to our weekend NDA Alpha starting in Q4 2017)

" - Earlier Today

The reason I've posted this once again is to avoid any future member from misunderstanding. 

Thanks guys :) 

This discussion has been closed.