Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Bling Bling (Trophies)

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
A long time ago in a land far far away there was a game called Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning.
I liked that game a lot, it had many cool features but there was one thing that was really nice and it was the ability to have Bling Bling (Trophies). You could buy/earn trophies and special items that you could wear on your character. It could be anything, a medal, a flask, a book, a lantern, a belt, a sachet and so on. Other players could see me wearing this stuff and know that I hade to kill a big bad boss for one of the trophies or be a master crafter to have that medal and so on.
It was simply a cool way to decorate you character and to show what I have accomplished.
I would like AOC to have this too.

Comments

• It probbaly will right?

Cause there are many hidden treasures in the world :) Happy hunting.
  • Wearable bling-bling achievements is part of an ongoing poll we have currently.

It can be found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/108188#Comment_108188

As for trophies, it would be nice to get them as interior items for your freeholds.
  • Trophies for houses has been confirmed but that is also a nice idea @Volundr.
  • Volundr said:
    A long time ago in a land far far away there was a game called Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning.
    I liked that game a lot, it had many cool features but there was one thing that was really nice and it was the ability to have Bling Bling (Trophies). You could buy/earn trophies and special items that you could wear on your character. It could be anything, a medal, a flask, a book, a lantern, a belt, a sachet and so on. Other players could see me wearing this stuff and know that I hade to kill a big bad boss for one of the trophies or be a master crafter to have that medal and so on.
    It was simply a cool way to decorate you character and to show what I have accomplished.
    I would like AOC to have this too.

did someone say Warhammer!
  • I'm in favor of wearable trophies for significant achievements.  But I really don't want to see "over-the-top" gaudy pieces that don't fit in the fantasy environment Intrepid is creating.  I don't think they do either, but I just wanted to add my opinion to the thread.
  • So you are saying I cant be a pimp with a big pink hat and fur coat?.....  :(
    Can I at least have a tutu?
  • Trophies to place in homes are nice as confirmed.  Statues or decorations  on lawns also.   I think wearable type might be interesting if they aren't gaudy and fit the game well.  
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Trophies to place in homes are nice as confirmed.  Statues or decorations  on lawns also.   I think wearable type might be interesting if they aren't gaudy and fit the game well.  
    We are almost always on the same page, @CylverRayne:)  It's like we could post for each other sometimes.
  • I also liked the trophies in WarHammer.  My dwarf had a nice little keg she could wear for doing a racial quest.  These were usually small tokens you could place on your character like at belt, shoulders, etc.
  • Ah, Warhammer, a game with so much promise. Do you guys know that there is a legacy server? Not tried it, myself.

I do like the idea of trophies (my Warrior Priest had some nifty scrolls and votive seals). I dislike achievements as a game mechanic, but if these could be awarded for Progress Achievements then I would be happy enough. I'd even be ok with Challenge Achievements as long as they aren't artificial timesinks or counter to the spirit of the game (which so many do tend to be).

I would also prefer that they were not class-specific as they were in Warhammer, so you could have some truly unique looking characters and some cool visual cues to acknowledge certain feats accomplished by a person in a game - if they so chose to display them.

A slight derail here, but I always thought it would be a cool idea to have the architrave/door of guild housing be able to visually show the achievements of the guild - or for individuals now that we will have solid housing in Ashes. So kind of like this trophy system but on a guild scale.

For example:
    • the guild achieves dominance on the sea, there could be a nautical theme to the architrave, with anchors and tentacles
    • the guild kills a world dragon and the archway can then display a dragon draped across the doorway
    • the guild manages to have a grand master in every tradeskill, the architrave can display various trade tools
    • the guild hits the top of the pvp ladder, the doorway can display gladiators fighting or something appropriate
    Just a fun visual way for a guild to display an achievement or maybe their focus, to the world.
  • @Bajjer I love the idea of guilds being able to have trophies that everyone else can see, not just things they can put in their guild hall. Speaking of Warhammer, their banners were kind of like that.

I don't think the whole banner thing worked out all that well but I think the achievements of a guild being shown publicly on the outside of their guild hall or on some kind of banner or something is an excellent idea. 

Guilds would be vying to show that stuff off.
  • Lazerou said:
    @Bajjer I love the idea of guilds being able to have trophies that everyone else can see, not just things they can put in their guild hall. Speaking of Warhammer, their banners were kind of like that.

I don't think the whole banner thing worked out all that well but I think the achievements of a guild being shown publicly on the outside of their guild hall or on some kind of banner or something is an excellent idea. 

Guilds would be vying to show that stuff off.
    LOTRO also had instanced housing communities where you could wander around and check out what guilds had accomplished by looking into their gardens. It would be cool indeed to see such a feature in Ashes.