Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hear anything about Religions?

Exactly what the title says.

Has anyone heard anything about how many or what types of religions there might be? 

Also, do you think it will affect Cleric gameplay and a Divine Metropolis?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017

• That would be interesting to see several religions have effects on the culture of the node. Don't think much has been said about religions yet though.
  • What if a clerics religion is like, worshipping the god of death? Would that change their gameplay?
  • Time to spread the word of the one true religion Boat Mormons 
  • @Kalkaz I don't think so, since it would also have to effect every other class and then if it changed gameplay it could cause people to be forced into a certain religion just to get the most dmg out of their class. I mean it's possible, I personally think it would be cool do maybe of the spell animations changed according to the worshiped deity. But as for actual gameplay mechanics I don't think so, but who knows! :smile:
  • I wonder if i will participate in any religion. Depends if the cosmetics are cool enough or some FX we can maybe unlock lol.
  • and we will go to war about what religion you pick because life
  • There are six religions planned for game launch. They will have a ranking system within those religions based on your progression line within the religion's system.

·       Can follow only 1 religion.

·       Has its own ranking system.

·       Strong religions may gain augments for primary skills.

·       Will be a big motivator, not an aesthetic. 

Check this out for what we know atm about religion in Ashes.

http://aocwiki.net/Character

• I wonder if we'll be able to see the gods. Maybe one of the quests could allow us to meet them.
  • Chudyie said:
    I wonder if we'll be able to see the gods. Maybe one of the quests could allow us to meet them.
    Hello 

• There are six religions planned for game launch. They will have a ranking system within those religions based on your progression line within the religion's system.

·       Can follow only 1 religion.

·       Has its own ranking system.

·       Strong religions may gain augments for primary skills.

·       Will be a big motivator, not an aesthetic. 

Check this out for what we know atm about religion in Ashes.

http://aocwiki.net/Character

Does that mean religions will operate in a similar way to nodes in that religions will rise and fall? I personally like the prospect of that, but what would the mechanic that  causes a religion to degrade look like?
    edited October 2017

Does that mean religions will operate in a similar way to nodes in that religions will rise and fall? I personally like the prospect of that, but what would the mechanic that  causes a religion to degrade look like?
    Since religious is one of the node types, it may be based on number of active religious nodes, level of said nodes, and % of which religion the citizenship has elected to follow in that node. I doubt (which means unconfirmed) that religious nodes will be locked to a certain religion from level 1 meaning they never change from Snake god to Bird god, but are always Snake. It will be most likely that at level 3 when government is installed to make decisions towards node development the High Priest (mayor/king) of a religious node will choose the particular pantheon god.
    So as a religious node gains levels, different augments are unlocked for citizens/followers of that religion in THAT node to change via their character sheet. Node level 4 gives holy light augment that give extra damage vs undead as an example. Node is sieged and drops to 3, people lose the augment. Until they release more info, no one knows but them.
  • We basically know little.  It's not necessary to follow a religion but having a religion will be beneficial in some way.  
  • Chudyie said:
    I wonder if we'll be able to see the gods. Maybe one of the quests could allow us to meet them.
    I'd like to break the 4th wall in front of them. 

"You who call yourselves gods actually have real gods, and one of them is called Steven."
    edited October 2017
    All hands on deck for Church of Sandtology!
    edited October 2017

I like the idea that being an atheist is the illogical viewpoint for once xD

Pst. Hail Sithis.
  • Do you have a moment to talk...?

edited October 2017
    Karthos said:
    Do you have a moment to talk...?

HEY, none of that! Those Missionaries are sooooooo dorky 1980's. They are much cooler now a days. B)

• Karthos said:

HEY, none of that! Those Missionaries are sooooooo dorky 1980's. They are much cooler now a days. B)

If only that wasn't a lie. Mormon missionaries here, still pretty much dress like the "Dorky 1980's" :D
  • Ariatras said:
    Karthos said:

If only that wasn't a lie. Mormon missionaries here, still pretty much dress like the "Dorky 1980's" :D

• nagash said:
    Ariatras said:
    Karthos said:

*Runs off to the nearest recruitment station* 
  • I would love to see a large difference between religions. For example worshippers of the light, death, spirits, nature, old gods, and the creator. 

This is as as opposed to showing a true set of gods of various elements to worship. 
  • I think it would be a cool, system if maybe a server dominant religion plays a role in the lore of the server. Which at that point could be considered the Good religion, while being a bad religion on another server, I like the idea of the Religions being perspective base and being viewed differently and having varying influence depending on the server you may be on.