Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New and uncertain

Hello!
So I sort of jumped on the AoC bandwagon due to the team that I saw currently producing the game. Having played EQ since I was little has really drawn my interest and to know that creative powerhouses are a part of this has me excited.
I have a small concern though.
I want to back their kickstarter but I'm uncertain if it's really worth it.
I've been burned in the past and I sort of want to hear from the community if it's worth my dollar.
I know that sounds terrible but as a student each dollar for me counts and I just wanna be sure that it won't be wasted. 

Thank you. <3

Comments

• Options

I'm afraid the Kickstarter campaign is over and therefore you wont be able to support via that method!
    On the other hand you can support Intrepid Studios via packages available on the store https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/
    Different types of packages and merchandise will be available over the months and years so if it doesn't suit your palette feel free to wait!

Asides from that feel free to browse our forums and join our official discord at https://discord.gg/NCtyrJ

A warm welcome to our community! o/
  • Options

Welcome to the community @Cadenzia! I'm afraid no information from the community will convince you that you won't get burned or that Ashes will be worth your hard earned money. Only you can make that decision and what we can do is give you the tools to make that decision for yourself. Here's a number of great sources where you can catch up with the limited info we have at this point and start putting the puzzle pieces together.

Recent livestreams

Livestream archives

The Odyssey

Dungeon Crawler Network

Ashen Foundry

DeathsProxy videos

Informational posts on the forums

AoC Wiki

Good luck! :)

• Options
    Cadenzia said:
    Hello!
    So I sort of jumped on the AoC bandwagon due to the team that I saw currently producing the game. Having played EQ since I was little has really drawn my interest and to know that creative powerhouses are a part of this has me excited.
    I have a small concern though.
    I want to back their kickstarter but I'm uncertain if it's really worth it.
    I've been burned in the past and I sort of want to hear from the community if it's worth my dollar.
    I know that sounds terrible but as a student each dollar for me counts and I just wanna be sure that it won't be wasted. 

Thank you. <3
    Sadly, the is long over. 
    The good news is that there is a lot of information out there about what we know so far! :D
  • Options
    Welcome to our community!  The information give by @Diura and @Kratz is right on the money and a good part of what this community shares.  Jump right on and enjoy the ride on the Ashes hype train as we get to know one another.
  • Options
    Hello and thank you for the warm welcome!
    Knowing the campaign is over is a little disappointing, but at least the underrealm and it's race will be available to people who couldn't participate in the campaign. >w<
    I'm glad to see that the community is already amazing and the game isn't even out yet!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    welcome to ashes @Cadenzia
  • Options
    Welcome @Cadenzia! ^^
  • Options
    Hello and a warm welcome <3
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Cadenzia!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, @Cadenzia!  Don't hesitate to ask questions.  There are a lot of helpful people around here.
  • Options
    @Cadenzia welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. <3
  • Options
    @Cadenzia WELCOME!!!! Glad to welcome you aboard the hyyyypeee train! Join some discussions, get to know some people, and have fun! =D
  • Options
    Welcome welcome to the community @Cadenzia hope you enjoy your time here :smiley:

• Options
    @Cadenzia Extra warm welcome my fellow hypei, have a good look around and join some discussions! There's plenty to talk about, and share some of your own ideas! Always nice to hear a new perspective on the game and what you'd love to see! Welcome, hope to see you on the forums :D
  • Options
    Welcome @Cadenzia!! Many of us have shared your concerns, and I hope that by looking around at the great resources others have linked you may have a greater hope for Ashes and a trust in its developers :smiley:
  • Options
    Welcome to the Community! :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    double post sorry
  • Options
    Ahoj and welcome @Cadenzia in our smol community <3 i hope this game will be what you are lookin for
  • Options
    I forgot to tag you @Cadenzia . Love you <3
  • Options
    Yes its a great team! Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope you'll have an amazing time both pre and post launch! :)
  • Options
    *Releases tame zombies to welcome @Cadenzia to the community*

Welcome! Don't be shy, most of us don't bite... although most of us are guilty of terrible, terrible joke sneak attacks :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the party! @Megs sent me :trollface:
  • Options
    Welcome!