Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Fantasy

So I'm not sure about you guys but, whenever I imagine Ashes of Creation I always have this specific setting in my head that I'd like to share with y'all.

I'm standing in the town square... and there are colorful celebratory lights lacing all of the shops and buildings.
The fountain is in the center and it's rushing with water, and someone's statue is in the middle.

My player character is wearing a casual outfit: a dark burgundy tunic, some brown stitched pants, and knee-high black boots.
Her hair is long and black, and she has this sort of fur wrap around her shoulders.
She plans on heading over to the tavern to visit some of her friends and have a nice time just talking and playing tavern games.
A full moon is out, and it's a tad bit cold. But everyone is up and having a blast with all their festivities.

I get excited thinking about it!

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this kind of fantasy! Please share yours. :)

Comments

• I think it's funny when I imagine my in-game character doing this, but while I'm actually playing it, I see myself wrapped in a blanket drinking some hot chocolate. 

• Oh, like the festivals in mmorpg animes.
  • Dolphin said:
    Oh, like the festivals in mmorpg animes.
    I always downloaded mods in skyrim to make it more festive, I just love that environment. 
  • It's pat of the fun. If you break away from real life and just let your mind wonder you have a much better time
  • Czar said:
    So I'm not sure about you guys but, whenever I imagine Ashes of Creation I always have this specific setting in my head that I'd like to share with y'all.

I'm standing in the town square... and there are colorful celebratory lights lacing all of the shops and buildings.
    The fountain is in the center and it's rushing with water, and someone's statue is in the middle.

My player character is wearing a casual outfit: a dark burgundy tunic, some brown stitched pants, and knee-high black boots.
    Her hair is long and black, and she has this sort of fur wrap around her shoulders.
    She plans on heading over to the tavern to visit some of her friends and have a nice time just talking and playing tavern games.
    A full moon is out, and it's a tad bit cold. But everyone is up and having a blast with all their festivities.

Just hanging out at night, feeling bored or tired and don't want to pvp or pve or any other activity and just hang out with friends to play tavern games.

I can completely see that.
  • I just can't help but think about the moment you log onto the game, and you find yourself with either a cinematic, or an epic starting area. Just the feeling of stepping through the portal to find a beautiful world for you to explore
  • Czar said:

LITTLE DID YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS MY TAVERN YOU VISITED
  • nagash said:
    It's pat of the fun. If you break away from real life and just let your mind wonder you have a much better time
    I do that when I wander the mountains and woods.  Game worlds are not much different for me.
  • I often sit back and just let my mind wander through the game world that is being created, the information and screen shots are slowly adding to this picture of the things I will be doing in game. I like to spend time imagining what my freehold will be like with its smelter and forges, high up in a mountain vale, or perhaps by a wooded stream, who will the be my neighbours, what evil may stalk the surrounding hills.

Just so much to imagine and speculate on.
  • nagash said:
    It's pat of the fun. If you break away from real life and just let your mind wonder you have a much better time
    I do that when I wander the mountains and woods.  Game worlds are not much different for me.
    Cylver, what you need to do is load up Tera and go to the glorious elin homeland and crank settings to ultra. EYE CANDY TO THE MAX!
  • I hate public celebrations. Lots of drunk people in the streets, corks, it's a mess really.

I much prefer outdoors, specially high altitude places with wonderful views on the land that stretches far till the horizon.

I really hope we will be able to climb the tops of highest mountains.

My character sitting near the edge of high cliff, beautiful view as far as eye can see. Snow under my feet, camp fire burning near me, and I grill some meat over the fire, while having a cold beer, and enjoying the view.
  • nagash said:
    I agree
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I like to imagine my elf in scenario like this ... :) 

Propped up against a moss-covered wall, broken and beaten over time, the elf finally found his place of rest. The vast forest had hidden this place well. How many days of cursing and running in circles did he have to endure to find this?! His many travels have led him to yet another Verra ruin where he hoped to discovery more lost history. Worn out from reaching his destination, he stretches his legs feeling the strain of fatigue echoing through his limbs. Taking in a deep, steady breadth he relaxes his body and closes his eyes. The crisp scent of pines and summer heat filled his nose as he tries to drift to sleep. Various birds call to each other in the trees and a cooling wind gently pushes through the forest and between the ruin walls. It breaks the sunlight above into dancing streaks across the ground where he sat. Perhaps this place was too beautiful to rest in, just yet. Grabbing a journal and pen from his bag, he lounges back more on the wall and begins to sketch the ruins before him making sure to add careful footnotes.