Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Halloween

I want to enter the Halloween contest but I'm shy. I lost the last contest I entered and I'm afraid to lose again. I have a short story that I shared with my friends and they loved but it still nervous.  

Comments

• see!! I get nervous and misspell and misplace stuff. :[

• What's the point of this thread?

You can share your excitement/stress/nerveousness in your profile. What am I supposed to discuss out of this?
  • just reaching out to the community ... but that's no help 
  • just reaching out to the community ... but that's no help 
    Dolphin said:
    What's the point of this thread?

You can share your excitement/stress/nerveousness in your profile. What am I supposed to discuss out of this?

• I want to enter the Halloween contest but I'm shy. I lost the last contest I entered and I'm afraid to lose again. I have a short story that I shared with my friends and they loved but it still nervous.  
    Losing is a part of the game you should be afraid :)
  • There are no condolence prices. If you want a key, you'll have to enter ;)

I drew a silly picture and wrote a cringy story, hoping for the best. After all, nothing to worry about what people think about you, we have some special snowflakes here that most people dislike, so if you want to post a story go for it.
  • I'd say go for it. I dislike the way that I look, but I decided to participate regardless. It's all about having fun and sharing your creations with other people.

The only way you'll know if people like it is by uploading it :)
  • Go with the flow!  It's all about fun not making fun of people!
  • thanks, guys ... you've all encouraged me to post my story 
  • I make an ass out of myself on a daily basis. You never gain anything if you aren't willing to take a risk. :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Do it! Post it!
  • Just believe  o:)
    edited October 2017
    Go for it! And don't worry. We have the goods on Dolphin. We have video of what he did this summer.

• There is literally a platform in this website to share your thoughts like Twitter, which are your profiles. It exist for this kind of topics. That's the purpose of that platform and people can comment underneath it. Excuse me for reminding that this is Ashes of Creation General Discussion. Openning such threads only are turning the category into a mess/deorganized one. This kind of thread has no point in general issue, but are about personal issues, which again people can share on their profile. Not to mention, there is nothing to discuss out of this. It's just again personal encouragement thread.

Yet, I'm attached with a dolphin humping a guy gif. I couldn't expect less from a person who uses Down Syndrome&disabilities as insults, downgrades and insults new comers, calls people stupid and idiot people in discussions, and after being warned by the mods, getting their posts removed, starts apologizing and moves on to another offensive post...
    edited October 2017
    Dolphin said:
    There is literally a platform in this website to share your thoughts like Twitter, which are your profiles. It exist for this kind of topics. That's the purpose of that platform and people can comment underneath it. Excuse me for reminding that this is Ashes of Creation General Discussion. Openning such threads only are turning the category into a mess/deorganized one. This kind of thread has no point in general issue, but are about personal issues, which again people can share on their profile. Not to mention, there is nothing to discuss out of this. It's just again personal encouragement thread.

Yet, I'm attached with a dolphin humping a guy gif. I couldn't expect less from a person who uses Down Syndrome&disabilities as insults, downgrades and insults new comers, calls people stupid and idiot people in discussions, and after being warned by the mods, getting their posts removed, starts apologizing and moves on to another offensive post...
    We have all be guilty of posting the wrong thread in the wrong section so just give some leeway and if its a problem the mods will move it to somewhere else 
  • Suck it up, you came in attacking someone expressing their shyness/nervousness and basically acting like you can dictate what people can and can't write on the forums. Bullies get slapped.
  • There is a clear difference between attacking someone and stating wrong-doing as a forum member. I don't recall I wrote "I don't care about your nervousness" or "how dare you share your nervousness" or "I hate you/your nervousness"...

Dolphin said:
    You can share your excitement/stress/nerveousness in your profile. 
     I'm not against that users sharing their personal stuff. But there is a time and place for everything. Users' profile is created for this kind of stuff. This category is definitely not. It's neither a discussion topic nor it addresses the whole community. You actually get me, you know what I meant. but you're trying to make it personal, because you are seriously still mad at me. This act of yours towards me is so immature.

"What's the point of this thread? "
    "You can share your excitement/stress/nerveousness in your profile."
    "What am I supposed to discuss out of this?
    "

If these three sentences are "attack", then yours are " attempt of massacre"
  • And who are you to decide what is wrongdoing on the forums? Last I saw we got two new shiny volunteer mods who determine that and have the tools to move discussions or take other actions as needed. No one has expressed an interest in having you police how or what people post, whether it be back-to-back posts in a single topic, or topics that you may not understand. So next time you decide to tell people where to put their opinions and content, I will also tell you where to put it.
  • ok guys you've said what you wanted to say now let it go and move on.
  • And who are you to decide what is wrongdoing on the forums? Last I saw we got two new shiny volunteer mods who determine that and have the tools to move discussions or take other actions as needed. No one has expressed an interest in having you police how or what people post, whether it be back-to-back posts in a single topic, or topics that you may not understand. So next time you decide to tell people where to put their opinions and content, I will also tell you where to put it.

We're not in a renaissance era where people in the Palace&Kingdom have distinctive statues and different tasks. You're not the King nor I'm the GuardMaster. This is our platform and media. Don't you think it's community's job to preserve/maintain this? 

You can read this link down below.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct

Also please do tell where to put and where not to put and help people, so that we won't have a messy teenage room kinda forum.

"whether it be back-to-back posts in a single topic"

Someone's checking my profile and bringing that... What an ill-intend.
  • @Dolphin if you have a problem with the way a thread is going or whether or not it should even be posted then bring it to the Mods.  They will take care of it.  
  • I've received complaints about this thread and will be closing it as non-constructive if any further personal disputes are aired here. Please bring any complaints against other community members to the attention of the moderator team privately. We will assess the merits of any reports against the community guidelines/code of conduct and will act accordingly.

Please try to keep any passionate comments directed toward this glorious game and not individuals within the community :)

Lex
  • Well that escalated quickly.

Hope you found the inspiration you needed here to post your story!!