Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hey guys I am brand new!

Hey everyone from the Ashes of Creation Community. I am mindmeldz I am a twitch streamer and ever since I saw the release of ashes of creation i was always so interested in it since May 2017. I was just going to see if anyone would be generous enough to lend me a key to the alpha or even the beta. At the moment I can't afford to spend 100's of dollars to get the alpha key but I wanted to see if there would be any hope of asking my fellow fans of MMO's and AOC. Thank you if you have read this :) 

Comments

• Welcome to the community.

99% of the people don't even have their own keys, so it is high unlikely that someone is going to give or lend you one.
  • Wish I had a Key for AoC.
  • Welcome to the community!
    - People usually don't give out their keys, and giving any key besides Alpha 0 is quite difficult as people who backed have linked their pledge to their account.

Here's a link if you would like a chance at winning a key: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ptdXJpEpjlgF_U1cbZJFosNt3I3nuHeY-KLxCidSwW0/edit?usp=sharing
  • Ignore @DeathsProxy he likes to jest. Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay!

• Welcome to our community! 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Guildart said:
    Ignore @DeathsProxy he likes to jest. Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey, whats wrong with wishing I had a key Q_Q
  • Welcome to the community :)

I got 5 closed beta 1 keys that I need to recieve still, but whats in it to give it to you instead of IRL friends XD ?
  • you will find people here would raver give up their soul for a key, so the chance of you been give one is incredibly low in afraid 
  • Well you could try looking under a rock near the door for the key but I don't think you'll find one there. Those keys are too rare to let out of one's sight!  Good luck on winning one though and welcome to the Ashes community!
  • I had to cut into my food budget and live off ramen for 2 months to afford a alpha key so . . . no. It may be a similiar stoory for a lot of people as well. . . I would think at least. Or I'm just a poor soul who has to suffer :smiley:

• Apolgies mate, too much money in just to get my alpha 0 key! Cant be silly enough to just give that away! Honestly streaming AoC would probably be better to do in alpha 2, which you can get for just a couple hundred. For a game like this, I think eating ramen for 2 months is worth it! 
  • Hey Brand New, I'm dad (I saw your actual post too, I just wanted to make dad joke :( )

Welcome to our wonderful community! 

I think only Beta keys are given to players to give to friends (Not too sure) And that won't hit for a while yet. So you'll have to sit tight, like most of us here!

Hope you'll enjoy yourself though, there have been, are, and will be very interesting discussions in these forums.
  • Dacormic said:
    Apolgies mate, too much money in just to get my alpha 0 key! Cant be silly enough to just give that away! Honestly streaming AoC would probably be better to do in alpha 2, which you can get for just a couple hundred. For a game like this, I think eating ramen for 2 months is worth it! 
    I am gonna sound very pessimistic here man but I REALLY want to agree with you. I did it because I HOPE it will be worth it. I am a year 1 destiny player from all the way back in the beta for it and that game burnt me way too bad to truly get my hopes up for something. I suppose I can't say that after sinking so much money into this game already but it just looks so good. But so did "No Man's Lie" I mean "Sky" :smile: Look how it turned out though. I am just glad I didn't sink money into it because I was so skeptical. To be honest though I dropped money in this because it is the best game I see coming out anytime soon other than "Anthem"
  • Dacormic said:
    Apolgies mate, too much money in just to get my alpha 0 key! Cant be silly enough to just give that away! Honestly streaming AoC would probably be better to do in alpha 2, which you can get for just a couple hundred. For a game like this, I think eating ramen for 2 months is worth it! 
    I am gonna sound very pessimistic here man but I REALLY want to agree with you. I did it because I HOPE it will be worth it. I am a year 1 destiny player from all the way back in the beta for it and that game burnt me way too bad to truly get my hopes up for something. I suppose I can't say that after sinking so much money into this game already but it just looks so good. But so did "No Man's Lie" I mean "Sky" :smile: Look how it turned out though. I am just glad I didn't sink money into it because I was so skeptical. To be honest though I dropped money in this because it is the best game I see coming out anytime soon other than "Anthem"
    I was there for "no mans lie" and I completely understand the need for some aloe vera! I legit thought it was going to be minecraft on steroids, and my wife and I were looking for a game like that. 

I cant in good conscious ignore the dev info we have received though. Listening to them talk about what they want for this game as much as what they want to fix in the MMO world... I was sold. Even if this game miraculously busts, I will have been happy to give my almost a grand just so they could TRY to curb the crap we call MMOs nowadays. I HUNGER for something that isnt bogged down WoW 3.0s/
  • Ariatras said:
    Hey Brand New, I'm dad (I saw your actual post too, I just wanted to make dad joke :( )

Welcome to our wonderful community! 

I think only Beta keys are given to players to give to friends (Not too sure) And that won't hit for a while yet. So you'll have to sit tight, like most of us here!

Hope you'll enjoy yourself though, there have been, are, and will be very interesting discussions in these forums.
    Kickstarter Leader of Men and above received 5 closed Beta keys extra to give away as part of their packages (275 people according to the site.) Those pledging Hero of the People or Avatar of the Phoenix received 10 extra.(26 people). Alpha 0 and Beta 0 keys can be won by just signing up for an account. 
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6085/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings/p1
    Barring all that, the other option is to buy a package. One package includes Alpha 2, Beta 1, and Beta 2. The cheaper key access package is just for Beta 2.
  • UnknownSystemError said:

Kickstarter Leader of Men and above received 5 closed Beta keys extra to give away as part of their packages (275 people according to the site.) Those pledging Hero of the People or Avatar of the Phoenix received 10 extra.(26 people). 

Any Leader or Hero that would like some stabbing company during beta is welcome to pass one key in Gothix direction. =)

Yeah I know, my hopes aim too high.  :p
  • Gothix said:
    UnknownSystemError said:

Kickstarter Leader of Men and above received 5 closed Beta keys extra to give away as part of their packages (275 people according to the site.) Those pledging Hero of the People or Avatar of the Phoenix received 10 extra.(26 people). 

Any Leader or Hero that would like some stabbing company during beta is welcome to pass one key in Gothix direction. =)

Yeah I know, my hopes aim too high.  :p
    you can get all of my keys when im back in the land of the living 
  • Skeleton keys, Nagahs? Those are my favourites, at least.
  • Ariatras said:
    Skeleton keys, Nagahs? Those are my favourites, at least.

• Oh yeah, skeleton key.

Unlocks all alpha and beta stages.
  • keys from alpha 0 to game all for the low low cost of a soul. are you interested  >:)
    edited October 2017
    What if I already sold my soul to someone else?

Can I like write dozens of checks with my soul on it, and give the checks to dozens of different people, and get all the shiny things, and later they can fight amongst each other who really gets to have my soul? 

Last one standing wins. 
  • Yes, I have plenty of souls. I shall harvest more.
  • Welcome man, I'll give you my key if you gimme yours
  • nice try man <3
    edited October 2017
    nagash said:
    OMH, what in THE hell is that? A puppet you carry around to show people your "gentler" side? Don't be fooled! The moment you reach out to greet the cute doll, @Nagash will rip it away and stab you with his sword!

THIS is closer to the real Nagash

Welcome.....to your DOOM mortal.

....and asking for a key first post? You have gotta be a Generation Z.

• As the biggest streamer in the community *wink wink* i welcome you, and i wish i had a key as well.
  • Welcome to the hype train my dude :)