Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Religion question

Will people go door to door trying to get you to join their religion? How will religions recruit? Will they recruit?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    hello do you have time to talk about our bone lord and keeper Nagash?

• If a religion has the need to "recruit", it most likely isn't a good religion in a sense that their intentions are probably wrong.

I could name a rl example, but I don't want a nuke dropped on my house.
  • I think religion, will be more part of the pillars, from some of the Dev's who work on Eq, and Eq2 the gods that you chose, gave u abilities that would help you in combat and raids, So I can see the same sort of thing happening here. 

I dont think it will be door to door religion. I think the Pantheon will be among you in the world and you decide which God or Goddess you identify with having similar goals, or w/e. I know from older streams they said the Gods will be among the players, it will be known about the Pantheon. So that kinda reminds me of the Eq2 gods. 

As for Recruitment, I could see some ppl who are trying to be the head of the religion, etc might have quests to recruit people to the religion. etc. So it is possible. But I think like I stated before, most people will identify with a god that have similar goals as they do.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    *Casually walks up to neighbor's freehold*
    *knocks on door* 
    "Hello! My name is Elder Zastro. And I would like to share with you the most amazing book!"
  • The Book of Zastro? At least it sounds like an interesting read. 
  • Bajjer said:
    The Book of Zastro? At least it sounds like an interesting read. 
    I promise you, it is unlike anything you have ever read before
  • sunfrog said:
    Will people go door to door trying to get you to join their religion? How will religions recruit? Will they recruit?
    I think our characters will begin to the story as they know all 6 religions and select to believe one of them. Because it fits that our characters are adults knowing some stuff. I don't think IS will do emerge them later on the game. Why would you recruit, it's whether you believe or not, co-existing shouldn't be a problem I guess unless they'll include some Crusade/Jihad thing.
  • I certainly hope so. My plan is to have a Freehold Church for my Paladin to give sermons from. When he's not in the Church, he'll be out setting the proper example by burning down heathen churches, going into Taverns to give the sinners there a chance to repent, etc. It's going to be a blast.
  • I will have to put a sign on my Tavern's door "No Solicitations."
  • Azathoth said:
    I will have to put a sign on my Tavern's door "No Solicitations."
    This is why I have a ram on me at all times. I must spread the word of the dead
  • You can hang out with the "deadbeats" out back that don't pay then. I wouldn't want your underworldly stench about my place anyways... people might think it's the wenches.
  • Azathoth said:
    You can hang out with the "deadbeats" out back that don't pay then. I wouldn't want your underworldly stench about my place anyways... people might think it's the wenches.
    We will see if you change your mind when you are 6 feet under 
  • Oh, you didn't know about my immortality and being a central force of chaos?

I wonder if we will be able to serve ale/wine at temples/shrines. Or if someone is going to try and brew a "holy-ale," something the non-believers can't buy.

I like the thought of religions being in conflict due to shrine building, node capturing, and possible quest both sides will want to finish but only one of the religions could finish. As opposed to "you belong to that faction so you are kos."