Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Livecast - Bear McCreary

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community

In 2018 (date TBD), we will be speaking with Bear McCreary live on the Ashes Of Community: Livecast about his work on Ashes of Creation, his previous works in the industry and of course, the amazing ideology behind the music!

Have any questions you'd like us to ask him? Write them below, and we'll get some of them in when the time comes.

The Ashes of Community Team

www.ashesofcommunity.com

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Boy, do I have questions.  They are to follow after I have time to contemplate them.
    edited October 2017

Such an extreme honor this event is going to be! I cannot wait to speak to this legend!

You can check out his incredible work here, or view his Official Website
  • Awesome!
  • Oh my!! This will be amazing!!
  • I am total musical anti talent, so I will leave questions to others, as I would probably sound stupid by trying to ask something "smart".  :p

I do appreciate hearing a good music though, and respect people that can make it. Looking forward to this live cast!
  • Q: Dear Mr. McCreary, will you be working on a new main theme or are we keeping the current piano melody?
  • I know I have loved some of the shows he has composed the music for, will be interesting to hear what he has to say.
  • should be a good livecast
  • Looking forward to this event!  Music is everywhere.  To feel music is to live it!
  • Q: can we expect to hear some very unique and exotic music for the Tulnar?
    I mean.. they are living underground more or less hollow earth-style, im pretty sure that changes the way they can do music in various ways (hall and echo?)

edited October 2017

Did a game or a movie got you into this branch of creative industry, if so which one?

Also welcome to the community and team big Bear.

• How did you, Bear, and Steven met up? how was the connection made?
  • Great news, looking forward to it.
    edited October 2017
    Ooo I am so hyped that Bear McCreary will be our composer! Very talented! 

I share the bagpipe enthusiasm ~ 
    Maybe warhorns can be incorperated into a theme too~

I can't wait to have all the osts :3
  • Q: How much of the lore of Verra has Stephen shared? Enough to create the themes for races and zones,  or the whole kit and kaboodle?
  • Excited for this stream, can't wait to hear the direction Bear is heading in with the sounds of Ashes.
  • If he enters the livecast with one of his masterpieces for Ashes, I'm gonna cry. 
    edited October 2017
    This will be great event, looking forward to this livecast so much! 
    Proper music makes so much difference for the mmo world :blush:
  • Q: Mr McCreary, who are your influences musically? And do you feel like they help inspire your work?
  • He can play me like an instrument :trollface:
  • Doesn't this topic belong to some other place, not the general discussion, where it's hard to expect something connected to developers? Like the announcements section...

• Awe said:

Doesn't this topic belong to some other place, not the general discussion, where it's hard to expect something connected to developers? Like the announcements section...

It is not an official announcement, and Ashes of Community is not affiliated, endorsed or sponsored by Intrepid Studios, Inc. or the Ashes of Creation section of the studio. This is an unofficial podcast with some dedicated community members just providing a fun hub for information.
  • From what I am gathering, this is a stream, not a podcast. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I would very much like to download this and listen at my leisure (as I listen to podcasts while I drive). I know a lot of people are calling streams podcasts, and I know I sound like a pedantic old bastard, but unless I am missing some definition shift if you can’t download the audio file and listen to it offline via one of the myriad of podcast apps, then it is not a podcast – it is a stream.

Sorry to ask the question – it is just that I can never be around for the streams, but have multiple hours per day to listen to podcasts, and each time I see someone mention a podcast I take notice, only to be disappointed to find out it is available only on twitch or youtube. 

edited November 2017
    Was the music in the alpha0 game world fly through composed by Bear McCreary in todays live cast ?

Does anyone know.
    I quite liked it had an epic and excited feel about it.
  • Bajjer said:

From what I am gathering, this is a stream, not a podcast. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I would very much like to download this and listen at my leisure (as I listen to podcasts while I drive). I know a lot of people are calling streams podcasts, and I know I sound like a pedantic old bastard, but unless I am missing some definition shift if you can’t download the audio file and listen to it offline via one of the myriad of podcast apps, then it is not a podcast – it is a stream.

Sorry to ask the question – it is just that I can never be around for the streams, but have multiple hours per day to listen to podcasts, and each time I see someone mention a podcast I take notice, only to be disappointed to find out it is available only on twitch or youtube. 

All the episodes are available to download via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and TuneIn. You can also download the feed from our site and use your favorite podcast aggregator. 

If you have an android phone, the podcast is on Google Play and Android Podcasts. 

If you have an iPhone, it's available on iTunes.
  • @Sarumonin That is awesome news. I have searched for Ashes of Creation and didn't see it.  I'll try some other combos or try something other than Player FM (though it is usually pretty good).

• Bajjer said:
    @Sarumonin That is awesome news. I have searched for Ashes of Creation and didn't see it.  I'll try some other combos or try something other than Player FM (though it is usually pretty good).

Went ahead and submitted to Player.FM for you :) 

player.fm/series/ashes-of-community-1711668
  • @Sarumonin Thank you so much. If only I could like a post more than once...
  • the fact that they are contracting with Bear McCreary.... *swoon*