Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dodge Rolls

So in the pre alpha gameplay trailer we see the mage do a backwards dodge roll that puts up a barrier. I assume this is to allow the player to back off while the mobs have to go around the barrier to pursue. This has me wondering if this will be a class specific ability tied to a cool down or a skill that all players can use that's tied to a stamina or endurance stat. Most games with pvp have movement abilities like this that can save your butt in a critical moment.

I don't think all classes would be able to perform a dodge roll with a barrier, that wouldn't make sense so I am leaning toward class specific. Personally I would like to see each class have some sort of movement ability like charges and dodges with rogues and fighters having more options to highlight the mobility of a light fighter compared to a tank. Tanks could have a charge that knocks targets prone. Rangers could have a dodge roll that throws down a snare. Lots of different options and I'm looking forward to seeing what will make it into the game.

What would you prefer for these types of abilities, class specific with cool down or available for all with a stamina/endurance cost?

Comments

• Options
    Thats probbaly class specific.

But I think all classes will have a spell that makes them for a very short period of time invulnerable. So that means u need to use that on the right moments that allows some skillfull plays.
  • Options
    [quote quote=10984]Thats probbaly class specific.

But I think all classes will have a spell that makes them for a very short period of time invulnerable. So that means u need to use that on the right moments that allows some skillfull plays.

[/quote]
    don't worry there should be blocks too
  • Options
    I just hope that IF there are dodge rolls that there is a slider under option to adjust the sensitivity just in case it works like ESO or REV where you double press A S D.

I hate it when games dont have such a feature and you dodge on accident all the time.
  • Options
    There's no 100% answer if it's true because the game is not yet playable but the game dev's are doing their best to be fully immerse so it might happen, until then let's wait until the release